Your least respected fighter?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Your least respected fighter?
Next Page »
POLL: Least respected fighter?
Tito Ortiz 10% (7)
Ken Shamrock 7% (5)
Kimbo Slice 19% (14)
Phil Baroni 14% (10)
I respect all MMA fighters 18% (13)
Other(please say who) 33% (24)
chrismithers
7/1/08 5:44:16PM
if you even have a least respected fighter who is it. im going to try and do my best in the poll sorry if anyone is left out.
Aether
7/1/08 5:46:48PM
kalib starnes. I dunno if that counts since he's not a UFC fighter anymore lol.
mkiv9secsupra
7/1/08 5:51:49PM

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

outside of rampage hasnt beat anyone worth a prelim fight. Not so much no respect for him even though him not showing up in shape to fight forrest was ridiculous, more as disdain for a guy like that be considered number 1 at any point. laughable

yeah i believe he was highly overrated and i never once ranked him higher than 4th i dont believe. but he has fought some good competition like Arona, Randleman and Overeem so he is beyond prelims definitely
juanez13
7/1/08 5:55:32PM

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

outside of rampage hasnt beat anyone worth a prelim fight. Not so much no respect for him even though him not showing up in shape to fight forrest was ridiculous, more as disdain for a guy like that be considered number 1 at any point. laughable

WOW...probably the most ignorant post i've seen, hasnt beating nobody worthy other than Rampage?????.....WOW, Randleman, Arona, Lil Nog, Overeem... yea i guess those werent worthy opponents
juanez13
7/1/08 5:57:24PM
for a second there i thought you were serious, but now i see your just a troll
Pookie
7/1/08 5:59:42PM

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

Overrem(2x), Nakamura, Randleman, Arona (#1 at the time), & Lil nog are all less than preliminary fighters?

So what excercises should i do if i tear my acl/mcl if i want to stay in fighting shape?
Gipper
7/1/08 6:00:01PM

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

dude you need to watch all of shoguns fights you can find. i have a feeling you will change your mind. trust me when i say he has beat top level competition other then rampage. the guy came into his first ufc fight with a bad knee and not in the greatest shape and still did not to bad against the always tough forrest griffin in forrest's backyard.
Basshandsome
7/1/08 6:00:10PM
Tito... I don't respect him at all because of his arrogance and the disrespect he shows toward his opponents. Also his constant complaining and arguments he gets in.
Gipper
7/1/08 6:01:08PM
oh ya melvin guillard
chrismithers
7/1/08 6:04:19PM

Posted by Gipper

oh ya melvin guillard

i love when he came out to this is why im hot and got KO'd in seconds i was cracking up after that
chrismithers
7/1/08 6:06:16PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

Overrem(2x), Nakamura, Randleman, Arona (#1 at the time), & Lil nog are all less than preliminary fighters?

So what excercises should i do if i tear my acl/mcl if i want to stay in fighting shape?

finger push ups and finger curl ups that will keep you in shape not! every time shogun fights i fear for the others fighters career. like when they said he was going to fight chuck i was like there goes his title shot.
billycarnage
7/1/08 6:08:30PM

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

JimiMak
7/1/08 6:11:21PM
Sean Sherk
billycarnage
7/1/08 6:14:39PM
Not only does he deserve respect based on talent and wins but he opted out of a title shot out of respect for Wandy. They trained together at Chute boxe. Shogun could have had that shot and won IMO but decided to let Wandy reign that takes a lot of patience and I think anyone else would have left the camp and fought him anyway.

Shogun is a good dude.

I still respect but "least" respect all of the above because of their attitudes. Replace Kimbo with Guillard. Kimbo knows his place.
keith-hackney1
7/1/08 6:15:00PM
BIG TIM !!

If he some how pulls out the upset of MMA history and defeats Fedor, he'll probably go down in history himself as the least respected HW Champ of all time.

Im rooting for you big guy ....
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 6:17:00PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

WOW...probably the most ignorant post i've seen, hasnt beating nobody worthy other than Rampage?????.....WOW, Randleman, Arona, Lil Nog, Overeem... yea i guess those werent worthy opponents

you have no idea...this guy is a tool
theguido
7/1/08 6:23:39PM
Starnes is one I'm not a fan of. I also think the way Baroni has portraed him self lately is sort of disrespect so he' s on the list. For some reason Grove sticks in my mind but not sure why.
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 6:29:46PM

Posted by goatse

you guys can call me troll or whatever but its what i believe. Compare shogun and wandys fighters record to the someone like chuck's over that same span and its not even close

if you look at the quality of opponents it isn't even close...but the other way around. Wandy smashed two guys who were able to make Chuck look foolish and for you to say PRIDE was the minor league is just simply uneducated. PRIDE was considered to be were the main competition was and if anything it was the other way around. for you to not recognize the caliber of the fighters that fought in PRIDE is idiotic and proves that you are not a true MMA fan.

also, Chucks' most impressive run was from April of 2004 to December 2006. during that streak his most notable wins were over Couture and Ortiz. In that same time span Wandy went only lost to HWs such as CC and Hunt and Arona, who he later beat ion that span, and defeated Rampge, who destroyed Liddell twice, Arona, Fujita and Yoshida (HWs) and Nakamura. Shogun, in this time frame, went 9-1, his only loss coming from a broken arm from falling on his arm awkwardly against HW Mark Coleman. he defeated Randleman, a UFC champion, Rampage, who destroyed Liddell, Arona, Lil Nog and Overeem. the names on his list out-weigh Chuck's tenfold so i don't think your argument holds any weight.
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 6:40:20PM

Posted by goatse

NO. refute these facts mr. "true mma fan"
chuck beat tito twice , who beat wandy.
Chuck beat Babalu twice who beat Shogun.
Chuck beat Randy Couture twice , and we all know either one of those guys wouldnt even have a chance against randy

oh and btw ................. CHUCK BEAT WANDY!!!!

and Chuck never juiced

read my above post. it proves you to be a fool. also, using MMAth doesn't show knowledge. you can just as easily say Shogun and Wandy beat Rampage who raped Liddell twice. you obviously seem stuck in a twisted reality that has no real world applications whatsoever. have fun being an ignorant fool, i am done humoring you.
ObsoleteMan
7/1/08 6:42:53PM

Posted by goatse

Chuck beat Randy Couture twice , and we all know either one of those guys wouldnt even have a chance against randy

and Chuck never juiced

And Wandy beat Rampage who beat Chuck twice! zomg, paradox.

I shouldn't feed the trolls...
Pookie
7/1/08 6:46:11PM

Posted by goatse

Chuck beat Randy Couture twice , and we all know "N"either one of those guys wouldnt even have a chance against randy

Ok
Wandy beat jardine, who beat chuck
Wandy beat rampage, who beat chuck
Wandy fought to a draw with Mirko, and we all know chuck wouldnt even have a chance against Mirko
Shogun also beat rampage, who beat chuck
Shogun KO'd Alistair, something Chuck couldnt do, he only tko'd him
Shogun has 13 tkos/ ko's out of his 16 wins a 81% rate while, Chuck has 13 tko/ko's as well but thats out of 21 wins, a 62% rate

This logic of course is impaired but if you want to use run with it, it still doesnt make chuck better.
EON
7/1/08 6:52:01PM
Once again the TS has another thread for bashing
EON
7/1/08 6:54:32PM

Posted by goatse

Ok
Wandy fought to a draw with Mirko, and we all know chuck wouldnt even have a chance against Mirko
Shogun has 13 tkos/ ko's out of his 16 wins a 81% rate while, Chuck has 13 tko/ko's as well but thats out of 21 wins, a 62% rate
r.

So what is the combined octagon record of Wandy, Shogun and CC?

go back to your bridge

(notice how at least 7 people have called you a troll )
Pookie
7/1/08 6:59:05PM

Posted by goatse

Ok
r.

whats the combined mile time of chuck, tito, and jesus?
mkiv9secsupra
7/1/08 7:12:43PM
im sorry ive got to step in and support Chuck....

Shogun has beaten 5 top notch fighters in 6 fights
Randleman
Arona(set up KO with stomps not legal in UFC)
Overeem(2x)
Lil Nog
Jackson(would not have been a legit win in UFC since the kicks were to a downed opponents head)

With a loss to Forrest and Sobral

Chuck has beaten 10 top notch fighters in 13 fights
Wanderlei
Tito(2x)
Couture(2x)
Sobral(2x)
Overeem
Randleman
Belfort
Mezger
Bustamante and Horn(you could make the legit argument that they are natural MW's)

with losses to Horn Couture Jardine and Jackson

Chuck has beaten MORE top fighters than Shogun as well as coming back and destroying two in rematches. Chuck has destroyed guys that have a winning track record against Chuteboxe fighters. You cant compare them. Chuck just has more top fights with more top quality wins. Wanderlei may be another story but Shogun doesnt have NEAR the record Liddell has
RMFG_187
7/1/08 7:14:22PM
Andy Wang, Phil Baroni, Bisping. i hate all 3 of em
mkiv9secsupra
7/1/08 7:15:13PM

Posted by goatse

Ok
r.

whats the combined hair follicle count of chuck liddell divided by dana whites 6 years ago times clay guidas hair follicle count?
RMFG_187
7/1/08 7:15:40PM
I didnt include Kimbo cuz he still aint a MMA Fighter.
big_timmy
7/1/08 7:20:25PM
I think its safe to say that some could have seen this coming.

Tim Sylvia, Kalib Starnes, Lyoto Machida.

Kimbo is over rated, but i dont disrespect him.

As for dudes like Tito and Phil Baroni, least they put up fights, and its good to have some dudes to root against, thats what makes the fights so interesting. I loved watching Frank Shamrock tell Phil Baroni he was gonna put him to sleep, because of the fact i dislike him so much, but there is still respect there.
dustyp
7/1/08 7:22:34PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by goatse

mine is Shogun

Plus his only losses before Forrest was to Renato Sobral in his 5th fight and to hall of fame HW Mark Coleman only because he broke his arm on a slam. So with a 16-3 rec. with wins over high profile fighters is not to shabby. Considering that Tito Ortiz is 15-6-1 with wins over who???Ken Shamrock Plus he did such a good job in his split decision with forrest or the draw with Evans. But I bet he was in your top 10???
Pages: [1] 2 3