Your most respected fighter?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Your most respected fighter?
Next Page »
POLL: Most Respected Fighter?
Chuck Liddell 12% (11)
Matt Hughes 4% (4)
Fedor E. 28% (26)
Anderson Silva 18% (17)
Wandy Silva 13% (12)
Other(please post who) 26% (24)
chrismithers
6/29/08 2:41:54PM
Im not saying your favorite. Im saying who you respect the most as a fighter. sorry if i forget anyone on the poll just put other if i did.
Ben_Hutch
6/29/08 3:04:39PM
GSP should be in there rather than Matt Hughes or Fedor.

GSP for me.
hippysmacker
6/29/08 3:13:52PM
Used to be Randy and Fedor, but I kind of have felt let down by both in the last year. From the list I would say Anderson, but he and Franklin are probably the 2 most in ring class acts I've seen . So in the end tie between the Spider and Ace
dannyfrank
6/29/08 3:42:20PM
any fighter who doesn't give up no matter what. even if they have a zero percent chance of winning their fight
voodoo-jitsu
6/29/08 4:04:24PM
rich franklin when he was champ he didnt get a big head of act like a rock star and when he lost the belt he didnt cry or make excuses
prozacnation1978
6/29/08 5:06:14PM
i would say anderson silva then gsp
juanez13
6/29/08 5:09:35PM
#1 Andy hug.......than Big Nog, Shogun, and Wanderlei (wandy showed has shown nothing but class since coming into the UFC)
EON
6/29/08 5:12:32PM

Posted by dannyfrank

any fighter who doesn't give up no matter what. even if they have a zero percent chance of winning their fight

keith-hackney1
6/29/08 5:26:03PM
Got to be randy couture ... Even now. He IMO has set the bar line for the celebrity MMA stature that he is. No one in MMA, let alone the UFC has accomplished what he has, not even Fedor who is the world number 1 p4p fighter in the world. Randy is pure class in victory or defeat, his competitive streak that he has had since his first MMA fight has turned this Greko Roman wrestler into this complete MMA warrior who has captured a deep fan base around the world for his honesty, MMA drive and most of all the respect he has for the sport and all the fans watching. Randy never ducked anyone, he always fought the best because he was the best himself. When an MMA fighter holds 5 World championship titles in two weight divisions, comes out of retirement in their early 40's and dominates the world number 2 Hw, Then dominates the fighter who ko's a fear some striker like crocop, Then walks away from his belt to go and look for an organisation who will stage him to face the world number one HW at the age of 44 years. Then that new MMA fighter who fans think should be the most respected would be a huge candidate, until someone eles follows coutures path and goes that little bit further, randy deserves that number one spot for me.
sammyd1213
6/29/08 5:35:29PM
Dan Henderson and Anderson silva. Both guys will fight anybody at anytime.
SpiderSilva
6/29/08 5:42:58PM
FEDOR everyone who want to fight him doesn't want to disrespect him he is by far still the most respected fighter in the world followed be A.Silva
Franklinfan47
6/29/08 10:20:44PM
Rich Franklin
cmill21
6/29/08 10:23:43PM
I picked Fedor from that list, never syas anything bad about anyone, always acts as a gentleman even after he beats you up. I do respect Cro Cop one hell of a lot. He has served his country, played pro soccer, served in parliment, raised a family, and on top of all that he has fought professionally in two different combat sports.
mrsmiley
6/29/08 10:34:50PM
I respect a lot of fighters but one that comes to my mind is takayama.The dude was one of the most popular pro-wrestlers in Japan,and put it all on the line when he fought Fujita.The guy never showed an ounce of quit and kept going.In the process,taking one of the most brutal beatings I have ever seen.The guy is 0-4 but has never taken an easy fight.

He fought: Fujita,Semmy Shilt,Don Frye,and Bob Sapp.That's a tall order fom a guy with relativley no MMA experience.I give a guy like that a lot of respect.
Pitbull09
6/29/08 11:24:56PM
A Silva always looks for the best competition and to me should be most repected.
Fedor is still up there since he is taking on Sylvia and getting back on track
Figsak
6/30/08 1:27:36AM
Matt Lindland

The guys nuts. Not the greatest fighter in the world, but who else do you know that'll talk shit to Fedor, then go up 2 weight classes to fight his ass?

This man has gigantic iron testicles.
Kracker_Jap
6/30/08 1:31:40AM
I respect fighter who throw down

and for that list check my top ten favs

1.Wanderlei Silva

2 Nick Diaz

3 Robbie Lawler

4 Chuck Liddell

5 James Irvin

6 BJ Penn

7 Tito Ortiz

8 Benji Radach

9 Anderson Silva

10 James Thompson
Naturaldisaster
6/30/08 1:49:17AM
Ken Shamrock would be pissed if he saw that you didnt put his name on the list
chrismithers
6/30/08 2:17:31AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

funny
Pookie
6/30/08 2:43:21AM
Theres no way for me to pick x amount of fighters, because then it would imply that i respect all the other fighters less.

Other than maybe Noons i respect all fighters just for showing the heart and class to show up and fight for a living.
chrismithers
6/30/08 2:44:38AM

Posted by Pookie

Theres no way for me to pick x amount of fighters, because then it would imply that i respect all the other fighters less.

Other than maybe Noons i respect all fighters just for showing the heart and class to show up and fight for a living.

nicely said
Figsak
6/30/08 1:14:20PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Ya, I mean COME ON! How can you NOT list an MMA legend who takes fights he's pretty sure he can't win, then shows up to fights just to collect a paycheck.

He might as well just walk into the ring, take a knee, and get his money. I'd rather see that than watch him constantly get beat up. It's a very uncomfortable thing to watch a legend get beat up over and over. Plz stop...
Taylor8766
6/30/08 7:58:35PM
Rich Franklin for sure, especially after losing both fights to Anderson.

Also where's Randy you gotta respect him, comin back at the age of 44 and making Sylvia and Gonzaga his little bitches.
chrismithers
6/30/08 8:11:55PM

Posted by Taylor8766

Also where's Randy you gotta respect him, comin back at the age of 44 and making Sylvia and Gonzaga his little bitches.

why i didnt put randy is because of him not fighting because of money. i lost major and i mean major respect for him and i used to love him. and i wish i would have put rich on there.
Kracker_Jap
6/30/08 8:43:31PM

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by Taylor8766

why i didnt put randy is because of him not fighting because of money. i lost major and i mean major respect for him and i used to love him.

He even sent me a birthday cake, I still respect him just not as much....

But in the end we do not know the whole story
bigbubbano23
7/1/08 1:52:12AM
def royce
big_timmy
7/1/08 2:11:52AM
Forrest. The dude will fight anybody, anytime. He gets his arm broken, then knocks the bloke out with his good arm. Kept his head down in the TUF house, and just waited for his chance to fight.

Rich Franklin aswell.

I can respect fighters who go out there and actually put on a good fight cause they know thats why they're there. So they may not be the best blokes going around, but i respect them for that.
Believe-in-judo81
7/1/08 3:53:26AM
Hands down it's the Moon Wolf, Rumina Sato. He is a living legend, Japanese MMA's answer to a Randy Couture or Wanderlei Silva ( in terms of popularity, longevity, and influence,.), and in some people's eyes the root cause of the sports explosion of popularity in Japan. Add that to the fact that he is an exciting blood and guts fighter who gives his all every bout and never quits trying to finish, and the fact that he would gladly die for his fans, and you have a man every MMA fan should have a special place in their hearts for. Just a great personality and a huge talent and influence on his sport.
Aaronno9
7/1/08 4:49:25AM
Rich Franklin. Never let it go to his head when he was champ, and has always been very respectful in victory and defeat. I dont think ive ever heard a bad word come out of richs mouth about another fighter apart from a little jibe at Lutter after Travis had been saying Rich wasnt very good. He seems to be a good guy outside of fighting to.

I have massive respect for lots of other fighters to though.
chrismithers
7/1/08 10:21:06AM

Posted by bigbubbano23

def royce

after the steroids i lost respect for him
Pages: [1] 2