Report: Tim Sylvia vs Brett Rogers 'DREAM' fight planned for Dec. 31 in Japan

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Report: Tim Sylvia vs Brett Rogers 'DREAM' fight planned for Dec. 31 in Japan
Budgellism
12/1/11 12:52:31PM
Good to see a little thing like 60 days in the clink isn't keeping Brett Rogers out of the fight game.

According to a report from Heavy MMA, "The Grim" will go from beating up his wife to beating up a "Maine-iac" when he battles Tim Sylvia under the DREAM banner as part of the FieLDS 'Genki Desu Ka!!' New Year's Eve event in Japan.

Rogers was given a 60-day jail sentence, but with time already served and an expected early release after two-thirds of his term, Rogers will be out by Dec. 13. Rogers' attorney asked for his jail time to be delayed until after his fight, but the judge denied that request.

LINK
cowcatcher
12/1/11 12:57:49PM
I'm kind of interested in this one just to see where they both are at right now. Neither will be in the UFC any time soon, but it's always fun to watch 2 HW strikers bang it out. Either one of these guys would have been fun to see against Minowa though. Paging Giant Silva for the most anticipated rematch in MMA history...
grappler0000
12/1/11 1:23:13PM
Either Brett wins in under a minute or Tim jabs his way to a decision...assuming Tim comes in under 300 pounds.
cowcatcher
12/1/11 1:29:27PM

Posted by grappler0000

Either Brett wins in under a minute or Tim jabs his way to a decision...assuming Tim comes in under 300 pounds.

You're probably right, except in assuming Timmeh will come in under 300 lbs.
FastKnockout
12/1/11 6:40:47PM
Big Tim going night night.
Adrenaline
12/2/11 4:02:33AM
I will give Timmy the benefit of the doubt. I don't know if Rogers can get into fighting shape with so little time to prepare. This is assuming that Tim is not a complete mess again and that he has been training throughout the year. If Timmy can survive the first round Rogers might gas and Sylvia can take advantage of it.
mrsmiley
12/13/11 8:37:40PM
This is a pretty damn good fight actually considering where both guys are in their careers right now. Hope to see it.
Cooler
12/18/11 6:46:30PM
I dont like Rogers but he's getting a KO win here.
emfleek
12/19/11 10:33:31AM
This fight isn't happening by the way. Visa issues for Rogers.
FlashyG
12/19/11 11:59:03AM

Posted by emfleek

This fight isn't happening by the way. Visa issues for Rogers.

I'm glad this happened, I hope all orgs out there refuse to hire Rogers.

He gives the entire sport a bad name.
KNIGHT
12/22/11 12:35:29AM
but he is not the only one.
JMMA2k1
12/23/11 12:08:03AM
Im not to sure who I want to pick here. I am a Sylvia fan through and though and I thank if if he gets in close to to Rodger and lands a perfectly placed punch on Brent's temple, it's over in my book
emfleek
12/23/11 8:45:29AM

Posted by JMMA2k1

Im not to sure who I want to pick here. I am a Sylvia fan through and though and I thank if if he gets in close to to Rodger and lands a perfectly placed punch on Brent's temple, it's over in my book

The fight isn't happening.