Report: Swick To Replace Koscheck at 109

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Swick To Replace Koscheck at 109
RyanC
12/29/09 6:30:46AM
With welterweight contender Josh Koscheck (14-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) forced to bow out of a planned UFC 109 contest with Paulo Thiago (12-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC), UFC officials were forced to search for a replacement.

They didn't have to look far.

Koscheck's American Kickboxing Academy teammate Mike Swick (14-3 MMA, 9-2 UFC) has been tagged as Thiago's new opponent according to a report from AOL FanHouse.

link
sparky
12/29/09 7:56:30AM
Solid replacement not to sure on who to take in this one anymore!!!
karn501
12/29/09 12:47:23PM
going to be a good fight have to go with thiago swick doesnt look the same anymore
cowcatcher
12/29/09 12:59:40PM

Posted by karn501

going to be a good fight have to go with thiago swick doesnt look the same anymore

i dont know about that, he lost to a very game dan hardy after beating a big up and comer in ben saunders and his only other ufc loss was to okami. the guy hasnt been KOing everyone in a minute lately, but hes still a threat and has done a lot more than thiago in the ufc to date.
karn501
12/29/09 2:38:31PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by karn501

i dont know about that, he lost to a very game dan hardy after beating a big up and comer in ben saunders and his only other ufc loss was to okami. the guy hasnt been KOing everyone in a minute lately, but hes still a threat and has done a lot more than thiago in the ufc to date.

i wasnt saying it would be easy im just saying from what we've seen of swick before and what we see now he's not the same fighter this will be a good fight i just think thiago will come out on top