Report: UFC Signs Major German TV Deal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: UFC Signs Major German TV Deal
juanez13
11/27/08 5:05:37PM
The UFC has apparently completed a TV deal they have been working on for a long time in Germany, according to a German blogger at Free Fight Videos, who cites a report in by the Spiegel:

After almost 5 years since its last appearance on German TV, the Ultimate Fighting Champion has finalized a deal with one of Germany’s biggest broadcasters. According to a report by the Spiegel (via Baz Online) starting from 2009 the UFC will air its popular reality TV show “The Ultimate Fighter” on German broadcaster “Pro Sieben”.

ProSieben is the second biggest privately owned TV company in Germany and consistently of one the highest rating broadcasters on German TV. The channel is part of the ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG group one of Europe’s biggest media conglomerates.

Pro Sieben realise heavily on foreign programming especially content form the US. Its the is the German broadcaster of numerous popular foreign shows including Desperate Housewives, ER, Grey's Anatomy, The Simpsons and Two and a Half Men. Its also the home of the German version of American Idol. The popular channel is distributed in several other counties throughout Central and Eastern Europe including Austria and Switzerland.

This is a pretty big coup, as it looked like they'd have to do their first show without any major TV exposure.

LINK
TimW001
11/27/08 8:25:11PM
That is soooo awesome! I am so excited for this event!
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/28/08 12:10:13AM
One step closer to Randy vs Chuck 4!!!
XblacksheepX
11/28/08 9:24:06PM
Good job but if TUF is gonna be dubbed in german, i won't be able to watch that shit! Heroes, CSI, My Name is Earl and stuff is already much worse than the original. MTV reality tv right now is unbearable!