Report: Schaub To Face Struve, Not Mir, At UFC On Versus 3

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Schaub To Face Struve, Not Mir, At UFC On Versus 3
DCRage
12/27/10 3:46:50PM
Brendan Schaub wanted to fight a former UFC champion after giving Gabriel Gonzaga his heavyweight pink slip back in October. Wish granted...almost. The incomparable "Showdown" Joe Ferraro is reporting that a previously rumored contest between "The Hybrid" and former division kingpin Frank Mir has been scrapped in favor of Schaub vs. Stefan Struve. The fight is expected to be part of UFC On Versus 3 on March 3.

Article
emfleek
12/27/10 3:51:49PM
This has me 99% sure that Dana convinced (promised him one hell of a payday) Brock to do TUF opposite of Mir to hype the rubber match.
Mr_Dead_Sexy
12/27/10 4:27:00PM

Posted by emfleek

This has me 99% sure that Dana convinced (promised him one hell of a payday) Brock to do TUF opposite of Mir to hype the rubber match.

Brock would be the biggest ratings grab for TUF this side of Kimbo, but hearing Brock talk for any extended period of time can be painful.
emfleek
12/27/10 4:34:04PM

Posted by Mr_Dead_Sexy

Brock would be the biggest ratings grab for TUF this side of Kimbo, but hearing Brock talk for any extended period of time can be painful.

Agreed. However, I'll take Brock's talking over Mir's verbal diarrhea any day of the week. I actually have nothing against Brock. Mir on the other hand...let's just say I'd rather shove an armed grenade in my a-hole.
Twenty20Dollars
12/27/10 4:54:30PM
I'll keep rolling with Schaub either UD or tko.
Bloodhound
12/27/10 5:20:22PM
Schaub vs Struve makes more sense then Schaub vs Mir anyway imo.
pmoney
12/27/10 7:04:56PM
This is a very interesting fight. I want to say Struve is coming along, as his last two fights he was in trouble in the early going and came back with the win, with each fight taking less damage.

Schaub has a pretty nice feather in his cap defeating Gonzaga. Whether or not he will be able to conquer Struve's reach will be the deciding factor in this fight. I feel either of them are capable of the KO.

I'm taking Struve.
gartface
12/27/10 8:33:18PM
War Struve!
BustedKnuckle
12/27/10 10:14:37PM
Struve has way more ways to win this fight for sure! Mir vs Brock looks as a clear lock for TUF 13. As for Brock on TUF!!!!!??? That might be a huge stretch. Brock is still a novice in this sport.....FACE IT ....IT'S TRUTH! And in no way should "coach" a fighter in MMA! And Brock's "coaches" are glorified wrestling coaches and strength and conditioning guys. He has been getting by on his wrestling and absolute supierior athletic ability. I am not saying it as a bad thing. He is an amazing athlete! The guy did what he had to and was a legit UFC undisputed champion!!! Somthing a lot of guys can't say! But I am not really pumped up for a Brock/Mir rubber match! A wasted season.......for hardcore fans anyways( because commercialy it will be the biggest TUf ever.......if it happens!)
prozacnation1978
12/27/10 10:49:49PM
With no mir vs schaub

I do think mir may face big nog rematch, nelson or

Could be a tuf coach opposite brock
emfleek
12/28/10 8:22:30AM

Posted by BustedKnuckle
But I am not really pumped up for a Brock/Mir rubber match! A wasted season.......for hardcore fans anyways( because commercialy it will be the biggest TUf ever.......if it happens!)

You have to remember one thing...

The UFC doesn't give a sh*t about us "hardcore" fans. They know we're going to watch regardless.