Report: Roger Huerta to fight on December card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Roger Huerta to fight on December card
nickcuc547
9/17/07 12:32:37PM
www.ufcmania.com

No rest for the weary.

UFC lightweight contender Roger Huerta is in talks to return to the Octagon on December 29, which would put a ribbon on a very busy (and perfect) 2007 thus far.
gspgnp
9/17/07 1:58:57PM
I see the UFC giving him a little bit more of an easier fight than Clay. Maybe Guillard will be back and ready after his coke binge.....sorry I mean suspension.
Twenty20Dollars
9/17/07 2:28:59PM
Marcus Aurelio, Kurt Pellegrino
adamsb
9/17/07 3:35:54PM
i say thay let him fight Nate Diaz because Nick was talking shit about roger i think roger would kill nate
GrandMaster313
9/17/07 3:46:12PM
guida or Lauzon i would like to see either one fight Huerta. will they win..... probebly not but who else are they going to throw in the cage, B.J. Penn..... right
GrandMaster313
9/17/07 3:47:53PM

Posted by adamsb

i say thay let him fight Nate Diaz because Nick was talking shit about roger i think roger would kill nate

I think he would whoop on NICK too for that matter
Aries2343
9/17/07 3:54:07PM
If he waited I would put him against the winner of the Griffin Tavas fight
backalley101
9/17/07 4:40:20PM
They always give Huerta easy fights. I would like to see him fight Joe Stevenson. I wish the UFC would stop babying him.
xchickox
9/17/07 5:29:49PM
he's gotta fight some top competition in this one

a fight with guida would be good, pellegrino would be a good fight, stevenson would walk through him, guillard would be a good stand up battle, i'd also like to see him against frankie edgar
Mattchupichu
9/17/07 5:40:36PM
I'll probably always root for Roger cause we went to high school together and he was on the wrestling team with my brother and showed them stuff the coaches didn't know. That being said I really don't know how I see him matching up with the top 155 guys. He has great cardio, good wrestling , good striking and submission defense and I'm not sure of his sub skills. I think the ufc's babying him to draw a hispanic audience. My brother and I were watching his last fight and commenting on his shorts with the mexican flag and he's not even from mexico. However, I really think he could hold his own against some of them. I'd like to see him fight Clay Guida, Marcus Aureilio , Kenny Florian, or Nate Diaz.
backalley101
9/17/07 6:28:12PM
I want to start off by saying that my oldest child is Half-Mexican, so I am not prejudice against anybody. However, I think it is bull that they are coddling Huerta to draw in the Mexican fans. What next, are they going to coddle other races to draw in other fans. You want to draw in fans, give the man real fights. That is how you draw them in, not by walk-in-the-park fights. Just an opinion.
bezun
9/17/07 7:02:29PM

Same goes for Michael Bisping. It seems like they are 'hooking' them up with easy opposition. I'm sure they are great fighters but they aren't really being tested. I would like to see bisping fight outside of the uk and aginst a top level fighter. As for huerta, I need to see him fight a contender to be convinced of his skills.
DCRage
9/17/07 7:21:38PM

Posted by backalley101

I want to start off by saying that my oldest child is Half-Mexican, so I am not prejudice against anybody. However, I think it is bull that they are coddling Huerta to draw in the Mexican fans. What next, are they going to coddle other races to draw in other fans. You want to draw in fans, give the man real fights. That is how you draw them in, not by walk-in-the-park fights. Just an opinion.

I'm half-Mexican too but I don't really have a problem with this. They've done much the same with GSP in relation to Canadian fans, and with guys like Rashad, Marvin Eastman, etc. they have fighters that can be pushed to draw in more African-American fans.
backalley101
9/17/07 7:32:14PM
Tito easy fight come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kerazzle
9/17/07 7:32:40PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by backalley101

I'm half-Mexican too but I don't really have a problem with this. They've done much the same with GSP in relation to Canadian fans, and with guys like Rashad, Marvin Eastman, etc. they have fighters that can be pushed to draw in more African-American fans.

Theres a problem with what ur saying tho.....GSP was never babied, every single one of his UFC fights have been against tough, top opponents. Same goes for rashad who fought lambert and tito. Eastman fought vitor and rampage. Huerta is always given first time ufc'ers who've had some success in smaller shows.
bezun
9/17/07 7:37:37PM
exactly the point. Huerta has even been on the cover of SI but he's not one of the top fighters. I think the media blitz for bisping and huerta are bunk because they are, imo, getting a free ride for their past few fights. I agree about tito. I say the winner of tito and rashad fights bisping and maybe throw sam stout at huerta. Stout isn't top tier but he is a decent name to fight and can keep it standing. I just don't feel huerta can compete at the top, or if he can, they aren't giving him a chance to prove it. I do think that it is smart to push the two so the foreign markets can have media fodder in their respective countries, but what happens when the ufc goes to mexico and huerta has to fight.. say bj penn for the title.... they might look a little embarassing.
jae_1833
9/17/07 9:03:26PM

Posted by adamsb

Totally agree...Nate would get DESTROYED!!!
Boo_Radley21
9/17/07 9:13:08PM
I really want to see Huerta fight Spencer Fisher. That would be an amazing stand up fight. I'd also like to see him fight Kenny Florian. Both of those fights would be entertaining and prove wether or not he could hang with some of the top competition.
TOMMYAYO05
9/18/07 1:46:09AM

Posted by adamsb

What does that mean since the older bro was talkin shit throw the younger much inexperienced fighter in there.Nick would own Huertas ass and to get back to the topic i say they throw him in to someone actally decent and stop protecting him.Maybe like Guillard,Pelligrino,Joe daddy,Kenflo,Thomas.
adamsb
9/18/07 1:59:38AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by adamsb

What does that mean since the older bro was talkin shit throw the younger much inexperienced fighter in there.Nick would own Huertas ass and to get back to the topic i say they throw him in to someone actally decent and stop protecting him.Maybe like Guillard,Pelligrino,Joe daddy,Kenflo,Thomas.

i dont like the diaz brothers and i want to see nate lose but i say they let him fight Clay that would be another fight that roger would win
k_lup07
9/18/07 11:55:56AM
pellegrino vs huerta would be nice. honestly i want to see doug evans again, he got thrown to the lions like crane was later, yet he was impressive.
Pinkalicous
10/23/07 3:10:01PM
Since first seeing Huerta i have liked the way he fights, and i agree he hasnt fought the best, but i still think that he could be a contender in the 155 division. i would like to see him prove himself against someone like kenflo, melvin, or joe daddy. not only do the fans want to see that, Huerta Needs that to get where he can be.