Report: NSAC requires Sean Sherk to submit extra drug test

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: NSAC requires Sean Sherk to submit extra drug test
Mchubb316
4/10/08 11:53:41PM
Former UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk will be required to undergo additional drug testing prior to his showdown with reigning 155-pound kingpin, BJ Penn, at UFC 84: “Ill Will” at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on May 24, according to MMAPredictions.com.

It looks like they are making an example out of Sherk. I wonder if some of the other fighters who tested positive in the past had to do the same?

Source
tuvok500
4/10/08 11:55:53PM
If the guy is clean he have nothing to be afraid of !!

Go BJ !! lol

DevonFoxy
4/10/08 11:57:36PM
I wonder if this is by request of the UFC or any of the fighters that might be fighting him? I doubt it but wow wouldn't that be some juicy news. Not starting a rumor just wondering is all.
cmill21
4/11/08 12:44:05AM
Good, he should have to. IMO he got off light with the 1/2 year ban, while Hermes owned up to it and still got a year.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/11/08 1:25:50AM

Posted by cmill21

Good, he should have to. IMO he got off light with the 1/2 year ban, while Hermes owned up to it and still got a year.

what i was thinking
telnights
4/11/08 4:31:37AM

Posted by cmill21

SpiderSilva
4/11/08 4:56:31AM
Good Im glad great I will laugh if he fails after BJ sub him
WhiteWidow
4/11/08 5:25:44AM
I would rather see BJ stomp Sherk while juiced to send a message
CornishMMA
4/11/08 7:17:44AM
Is this news?

I mean, they have always done this for fighters who failed past tests, they arent making an example of Sherk by doing it, its common practice and just makes sense

I know Kimo had to do one which is why he couldnt fight Bas at the last WFA
jack
4/11/08 8:48:56AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

My feelings exactly!
emfleek
4/11/08 9:23:29AM
It's pretty common for ANYONE in ANY walk-of-life to get tested more often once they fail a drug test. It only makes sense.

If he tests positive again...he should be banned for good.
scoozna
4/11/08 9:28:41AM

Posted by emfleek

It's pretty common for ANYONE in ANY walk-of-life to get tested more often once they fail a drug test. It only makes sense.

If he tests positive again...he should be banned for good.

Ha...yes, banned for stupidity if it happens.
Kracker_Jap
4/11/08 9:52:16AM

Posted by cmill21

this is either going to kill his performance or prove everyone wrong...

I would prefer it if this was standerd for all testing....
Mchubb316
4/11/08 3:58:58PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Is this news?

I mean, they have always done this for fighters who failed past tests, they arent making an example of Sherk by doing it, its common practice and just makes sense

I know Kimo had to do one which is why he couldnt fight Bas at the last WFA

that is why i asked the question. I wasn't sure it they did or not. I do agree it makes sense. Just curious if it was the standard.
wrona666
4/11/08 4:39:14PM
Now that hes not on Roids i see him gassing in the second or third round and BJ takes him out with a rear naked choke.......
Pookie
4/11/08 4:53:55PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by cmill21

JimiMak
4/11/08 6:28:02PM
He's never really stood much of a chance anyway.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/11/08 11:52:34PM

Posted by WhiteWidow

yep
MMAcca
4/12/08 12:34:39AM

Posted by JimiMak

So pretty much everyone is writing off Sherk's chances ?

Previously undefeated at LW isn't he?

Have all of his wins previously been with the aid of the roids?

Interesting.......
JimiMak
4/12/08 10:53:18AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by JimiMak

So pretty much everyone is writing off Sherk's chances ?

Previously undefeated at LW isn't he?

Have all of his wins previously been with the aid of the roids?

Interesting.......

He only has two lw fights, so that's a bit skewed of a comment.

Yes he was (prob'ly) always on them. That's why his # was so low, he's used to cycling out and barely got caught at the end of the cycle.

BJ has always made even the best wrestlers look bad. What's he gonna do? Take him down and hold onto him for 5 rds? No chance.