Report: Nick Diaz Added to March 29 EliteXC/Strikeforce Event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Nick Diaz Added to March 29 EliteXC/Strikeforce Event
juanez13
3/1/08 2:50:13PM
Nick Diaz, who was tentatively scheduled to return to EliteXC in April, will instead compete on the organization’s March 29 show. The event, which takes place at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., is co-promoted by Strikeforce and features a main event between Frank Shamrock and Cung Le.

Diaz most recently fought K.J. Noons for EliteXC’s vacant lightweight title in November, but the bout was stopped after the first round because of multiple cuts on Diaz’s face. He had surgery to repair significant scar tissue soon after the TKO loss

LINK
NatedawgThaM
3/1/08 3:15:22PM
Nick is going to run through his opponent. Yves is going to run through Noons which will set up the rematch with Nick coming off a win and Noons coming off a loss which means Noons is f*cked
jiujitsufreak74
3/1/08 3:20:56PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Nick is going to run through his opponent. Yves is going to run through Noons which will set up the rematch with Nick coming off a win and Noons coming off a loss which means Noons is f*cked

i would honestly lie Noons to beat Yves and his "Thug-jitsu" so that Nick can then face him for the title and win it back. if diaz comes off of a win it will be harder for Noons to duck him twice so he will have to fight him, lose the belt and then both Noons and Yves can lose and Nick can be champ. anyone who is a practitioner of "Thug-jitsu" does not have my respect and i am appalled that Yves decided to use that as his style.
NatedawgThaM
3/1/08 3:23:57PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by NatedawgThaM

i would honestly lie Noons to beat Yves and his "Thug-jitsu" so that Nick can then face him for the title and win it back. if diaz comes off of a win it will be harder for Noons to duck him twice so he will have to fight him, lose the belt and then both Noons and Yves can lose and Nick can be champ. anyone who is a practitioner of "Thug-jitsu" does not have my respect and i am appalled that Yves decided to use that as his style.

But Nick Diaz vs Yves Edwards would be a SICK FIGHT!

Plus they can name it Street Certified 2
jiujitsufreak74
3/1/08 3:26:09PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by NatedawgThaM

But Nick Diaz vs Yves Edwards would be a SICK FIGHT!

Plus they can name it Street Certified 2

yea i guess Diaz could beat both of them and i would still be happy plus Yves vs Diaz would be sick. either way i just want Diaz to submit Noons and show how deadly his JJ really is.
BigTomZ
3/1/08 8:40:58PM
Alot of people hate on Nick Diaz but I like him as a fighter. I still think that 9 times out of 10 he beats KJ Noons in a fight.
loonytnt
3/2/08 12:27:27PM
nick will hold he belt soon imo, and i hope to see him in the ufc later down the line