Report: Lesnar made $5.3 million from fighting in 2010

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Lesnar made $5.3 million from fighting in 2010
emfleek
12/21/11 10:10:42AM
ESPN the Magazine is reporting that UFC heavyweight fighter Brock Lesnar made $5.3 million from fighting in 2010.

Lesnar is getting paid huge money to crush his opponents in the ring – and that’s because when he’s fighting on a UFC event, it’s virtually guaranteed to be a blockbuster success.

In 2010, Brock Lesnar joined Mike Tyson as the only fighters to ever draw over 1 million pay-per-view buys in a single year. Tyson actually did it three times in 1996.

While Lesnar’s heavyweight annual income looks great, it pales in comparison to boxing champion Manny Pacquiao who took home a staggering $32 million in 2010.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
12/21/11 12:24:59PM
I guess that's pretty good for only fighting twice that year.
pmoney
12/21/11 1:22:01PM
I personally would fight Carwin and Velasquez in the same night for that kind of money. My hands and TDD are on point, I think I got this
scoozna
12/21/11 1:33:18PM
Holy megabucks, Batman! I'd say the guy deserves a big paycheck for the attention he brings...but that's a good bit more than I would've expected.
DANZANRYUGUY
12/21/11 1:37:09PM
damn, i made 45k working graveyard shift at a supermarket, ill take 1/2 his money and fight twice as much for that kinda dough. not my favorite fighter but he is a huge draw for sure. i always seem to follow his fights.
viceroid
12/21/11 2:45:43PM
incredible, I wanna be an UFC fighter
Bubbles
12/21/11 4:57:04PM
ill fight both Carwin and Velasquez for half of that....and im barely a WW
KungFuMaster
12/21/11 5:05:50PM

Posted by pmoney

I personally would fight Carwin and Velasquez in the same night for that kind of money. My hands and TDD are on point, I think I got this

That's it??? I would take on the whole ufc roster for that kind of money....on just one condition though - they better have refs by the dozens to pry these guys off of me after 3 seconds.
StriderXero
12/21/11 6:36:25PM

Posted by pmoney

i'd fight them at the same time for that money
Geoffo
12/21/11 6:50:12PM
That's pretty fly for a WWE guy
grappler0000
12/21/11 10:36:17PM

Posted by scoozna

Holy megabucks, Batman! I'd say the guy deserves a big paycheck for the attention he brings...but that's a good bit more than I would've expected.

That's the beauty of the PPV cut though...you determine your own paycheck by the number of PPV buys you get.
Aether
12/21/11 11:28:04PM

Posted by scoozna

It's probably something in the ballpark of 1 million per fight plus PPV bonuses. I'm sure someone could easily look it up for the exact numbers, but that sounds about right for the guys at the top of the sport currently, I'm not surprised.

edit-

400K per fight flat rate is what he makes, plus PPV cut. I'm surprised that his base salary isn't a bit higher actually, I thought maybe 4-500 k with a win bonus, but he just sells a ridiculous amount of PPVs I guess.