Report: Joe Warren meets Marcos Galvao in Bellator 41 non-title fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Joe Warren meets Marcos Galvao in Bellator 41 non-title fight
emfleek
3/9/11 11:12:25AM
Bellator featherweight champion Joe Warren (6-1 MMA, 4-0 BFC) returns to action on April 16.

Sherdog.com reports that Warren is scheduled to meet Brazilian import Marcos Galvao (9-3-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) in a non-title catchweight fight at April's Bellator 41 event.

Bellator officials haven't announced a location for the event.

Warren carries a four-fight win streak into the matchup. The Greco-Roman stylist debuted for Bellator in the company's second season and racked up a tournament title with decision wins over Patricio "Pitbull" Freire, Georgi Karakhanyan and Eric Marriott. Warren then earned the belt with a Bellator 27 win over former champion Joe Soto this past September.

LINK
spikerman19
3/9/11 11:29:24AM
More non-title fights than title fights in this org.
quezocrema0032
3/9/11 11:29:35AM
I'm sure galavo is better then what we saw at the wec but those losses he had to bowles and page were really bad. I'd be disappointed if warren doesn't pick up a finish here.
Franklinfan47
3/9/11 12:10:39PM

Posted by spikerman19

Its almost like they have tournaments to determine title challengers or something.

Man Joe Warrens doing olympics and wants to go down to take 135 pd belt as well, ambitious guy
prozacnation1978
3/9/11 12:44:42PM
I know. What is the point of having champions fight if they have nothing to fight for
bojangalz
3/9/11 2:09:45PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by spikerman19

Its almost like they have tournaments to determine title challengers or something.

Umm... Yeah, that's exactly what they are doing. That's how they have been marketing it as well. Guess I didn't know this was some big secret.

GraMMA
3/9/11 3:20:55PM

Posted by spikerman19

Only the tournament winners get to fight the champions for the belt.
The non-title fights are just to give the champs a bout in the meantime which is all good to me.

Franklinfan47
3/9/11 4:34:58PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by spikerman19

Umm... Yeah, that's exactly what they are doing. That's how they have been marketing it as well. Guess I didn't know this was some big secret.

Its not a big secret lol. I was being sarcastic, exactly because it is a well known fact.
State_Champ
3/9/11 6:49:53PM
Joe Warren is THE MAN!