Report: Jerome Le Banner vs. Tim Sylvia Possible for Affliction 3!!!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Jerome Le Banner vs. Tim Sylvia Possible for Affliction 3!!!!!!!
juanez13
8/28/08 9:41:34AM

Although the second Affliction show is still over a month away, future plans include a third show that will most likely take place in January of February 2009. One fight that Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio is looking at is one that some fans have been talking about for quite some time.

"In terms of fighters we are looking at Jerome LeBanner, he is interested in doing MMA and apparently him and Tim Sylvia have some history between them so that is something that we are looking at right now."

LINK
juanez13
8/28/08 9:43:32AM
Big Tim is looking for his first KO loss
The_Ho_Bag
8/28/08 9:53:01AM

Posted by juanez13

i say JLB via 0wn4g3 in 1 min
grappler0000
8/28/08 10:09:14AM
Say goodnight Timmy!

Tim's only shot to win will be via rear naked shart.
Gipper
8/28/08 10:09:46AM
i've always wanted jlb to make the move to mma full time. maybe with a big win over a big name he will.
prozacnation1978
8/28/08 10:16:17AM
looks like timmy will get his third loss in a row
but don't bet out the ufc from grabbing le banner before affliction does
jocka
8/28/08 10:42:04AM
I'll go out and say Timmy via First round KO. I ve always though that Le Banner has a glass jaw.
sparky
8/28/08 11:04:07AM
I think big Tim will beable to pick up the win in this match up. Le Banner has a suspect chin no disrespect to him hes a tough guy , but I think if big Tim catches him with some shots he will go down.

My Pick Tim Sylvia / 2nd rd / ko - tko
kaduey
8/28/08 11:27:00AM

Posted by sparky

I think big Tim will beable to pick up the win in this match up. Le Banner has a suspect chin no disrespect to him hes a tough guy , but I think if big Tim catches him with some shots he will go down.

You're out of your mind if you think Tim can KO Le Banner! Le Banner is one of the most explosive stand-up fighters in the world. Sylvia won't land a jab before he's asking his corner "what the f**k just happened?". Le Banner by KO within 2 minutes of the first round.
postman
8/28/08 11:34:20AM
Why would Tim try to stand in this fight ? he had Monson in some bad spots on the ground I think he is going to get it to the ground ASAP.
lordicast
8/28/08 11:34:58AM
Timmy! by flying anaconda choke 1st RD...... No seriously Timmy by Lay N Pray
DiabloFreak56
8/28/08 11:49:37AM
jerome is gonna KO tim easily and this isnt even gonna be fight tim is way over the hill
Boo_Radley21
8/28/08 11:52:38AM
Does anyone else think that Tim gets dropped a lot? It seems like in a lot of fights he gets hit and goes down. He does recover pretty quickly (usually) though.
4u2nv
8/28/08 12:02:07PM
Wow JLB is sick and i always wanted him to fight in MMA! im excited... i do feel bad for big Tim though. If he thought Fedor came out the swinging and setting a intense pace then Le Banner is the same deal for 80% of his fights.
Jackelope
8/28/08 12:32:59PM
Oh my god... Timmah, if you take this fight you're stupid. JLB would wreck Sylvia
RMFG_187
8/28/08 12:38:25PM
I love JLB, but I gotta go with Tim. Its true Tim does get dropped a lot, but never gets KO'd. might just be a center of gravity thing, but who cares.

I got Tim via UD in this one.
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/28/08 1:53:41PM

Posted by juanez13

i agree

i hope timmay never wins at affliction, he's already gettin paid enough anyways
loller90278
8/28/08 2:44:08PM
sweet, sweet matchup if it happens. i remember tim sylvia did have some words about JLB and Schilt before in the past.
finnish_line
8/28/08 3:11:59PM

Wait. Someone's paying Tim Sylvia to fight?

Like, fight on a television broadcast?
Zekeil
8/28/08 5:34:11PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by sparky

You're out of your mind if you think Tim can KO Le Banner! Le Banner is one of the most explosive stand-up fighters in the world. Sylvia won't land a jab before he's asking his corner "what the f**k just happened?". Le Banner by KO within 2 minutes of the first round.

LeBanner's chin might be a little suspect but his striking is on a whole other level than big Tim.

I say LeBanner by broken leg TKO late in the first.

Kind of funny video, most of you probably have seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH7zNGXjzcM
balack_o-bama
8/28/08 10:27:34PM
I would really want to see this fight. Hope it happens. Not sure who would win, should be great though.
Pitbull09
8/28/08 11:33:32PM
Ha, Tim is ruining his career. At least in UFC, they seemed to protect him and try to match him up to be the favorite. Anywhere else (Affliction), we are seeing Tim isn't the top ten HW we thought he was. He is simply a big guy that will not be able to handle MMA veterans and new era HWs. I hope Lebanner embarresses him.
cmill21
8/29/08 2:05:50AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

looks like timmy will get his third loss in a row
but don't bet out the ufc from grabbing le banner before affliction does

No chance the UFC would be able to sign Jerome, he will not leave K-1 and the UFC woulden't let him do both. Jerome will kill Tim if it stays standing.
kaduey
8/29/08 3:42:47PM
I could see Jerome leaving K-1 for a chance to fight with the UFC. Le Banner said himself the K-1 tournments can really break you down, for a guy like him who's been fighting with K-1 since 1993, that's gotta be hard on the body.