Report: Fedor To Fight Three Times In The Next Six Months

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Fedor To Fight Three Times In The Next Six Months
kastro_316
7/8/08 1:15:41PM
DreamFighters.com

It has been reported that Fedor will be fighting more than everyone thinks this year.

M-1 Global president, Vadim Finkelstein has made public that Fedor Emilianenko will be fighting at least three time in the next six months.
Twenty20Dollars
7/8/08 1:23:21PM
unless he looses or gets hurt.
kastro_316
7/8/08 1:28:32PM
Just curious, has fedor even been hurt?
Jason-plata
7/8/08 1:32:13PM
I am very glad to hear that we will be seeing more of Fedor. He is one of my favorite people to watch. He is so explosive and dominating.

I really do not see him having any problems with Tim silvia.. I am looking forward to seeing who else in gonna be thrown into the shark tank.
MMAcca
7/8/08 1:34:17PM
Any ideas who he will fight ?

Sylvia (obviously)

Some can. (Headline a card for another org)

Barnett (Probably around NYE, supposing they both win July 19)
Aaronno9
7/8/08 1:53:38PM
It would be sick if he fought Tim, Josh, then Mirko before the years out.
Twenty20Dollars
7/8/08 2:32:12PM
fedor should fight his brother.
komodo20
7/8/08 2:40:37PM
fedor should fight randy this year
pv3Hpv3p
7/8/08 3:21:32PM

Posted by kastro_316

Just curious, has fedor even been hurt?

He was rocked in the Fujita fight... But in the conventional way, the anwer to your question is no, Fedor can't even spell "hurt"
Aether
7/8/08 3:34:23PM
actually yes he has had recurring problems with one of his hands. I'm pretty sure he had to pull out of a PRIDE card where he was intended to fight NOG several years ago because he was either getting surgery on his hand or needed time for his hand to heal.

I can't remember specifics, but he's definitely had problems with one of his hands. Could be what bispbing heard about.

*edit*

Yeah, I looked it up. He broke his hand in the Goodridge fight:

"Next came a one-sided bout against heavy underdog Gary "Big Daddy" Goodridge at Total Elimination 2003.[35] Emelianenko took down Goodridge after wobbling him with standing combinations, then finished him with a ground and pound technique in the first round by referee stoppage after delivering unanswered punches and kicks to the head.[35] Emelianenko broke his hand in this fight, resulting in surgery.[32] He has since reinjured this hand, leading to the postponement of several bouts.[36]"

I'm pretty sure it was the OWGP that he missed as a result of surgery. I believe that's why Wanderlei ended up fighting in it.
The-Don
7/8/08 3:35:36PM
This could be interesting .. looks like Fedor is going to be busy.. and if he takes all 3 fights which sounds like they will be big names.. there will be no doubt he is number 1.. this could be an interesting few months
rabbit915
7/8/08 5:59:00PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

He was rocked in the Fujita fight... But in the conventional way, the anwer to your question is no, Fedor can't even spell "hurt"

Im pretty sure his english sucks. I would bet on him not being able to spell hurt.
Wolfenstein
7/8/08 6:00:04PM
It would probably be Tim, Josh, and Arlovski (assuming he beats Rothwell).

I'd like to see Randy get a crack at him, just so he'll shut his overrated mouth. Chuck destroyed Randy twice. Randy comes back and beats Sylvia (I'll admit that was a big win) and beats Gonzaga(doesn't look so great now). Two wins and he think's he's the #2 Hw in the world. This just in Randy...you're #4 right behind Noguiera and Barnett.

I'd love to see Fedor fight more, but I don't think he can stave off the injury bug. There was an article recently that said he wasn't even coming into this fight 100%. However Micheal Bisping got a hold of that inside info is anyones guess.
JimiMak
7/8/08 6:24:58PM
I seriously don't think so.
EON
7/8/08 6:32:26PM
he'll fight sylvia, ?, and randy and will win them all
loller90278
7/8/08 6:33:12PM

Posted by rabbit915

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Im pretty sure his english sucks. I would bet on him not being able to spell hurt.

his english is better than your russian.
Porch28
7/8/08 9:54:41PM

Posted by kastro_316

DreamFighters.com

It has been reported that Fedor will be fighting more than everyone thinks this year.

M-1 Global president, Vadim Finkelstein has made public that Fedor Emilianenko will be fighting at least three time in the next six months.

I'll believe it when I see it
Aether
7/9/08 7:25:03AM
most likely his fights are intended to be tim, barnett and randy.... I would imagine that's the plan anyway. Have him fight tim as an introduction to american audiences, then have him fight the big white guy that was on the same card as him last time and if all goes well randy is released from his contract at this point and the dream match goes down.
whardin19
7/9/08 7:30:59AM
Good news if your a Fedor fan. Not sure who he'll fight after Sylvia though. It's definetally not going to be Couture, so get that out of your head. I say if him and Barnett win there matches on the 19th then you'll see that matchup at the next Affliction card. Possibly a Fedor/Arlovski fight down the road. That would be sick!
jocka
7/9/08 7:55:26AM
I like the way everyone is counting TImmy out of the fight lol whats gonna happend if Fedor looses to TImmy, i guess its back to fighting cans again lol
Aether
7/10/08 12:32:54AM
lol yeah, nogueira, schilt, crocop, hunt, herring... Those guys are such cans. Who have they ever beaten, right? lol. Go back to fighting those cans you loser!

I also said his fights are "probably intended to be" not that "they're going to be" meaning that the people scheduling the fights have a certain expectation. I fully realize that tim is dangerous to anyone, and has a chance to win despite the fact that I see it as pretty unlikely.
Aether
7/10/08 1:03:16AM
the guy has fought some cans but give him a break, it's not like he was asking them to set him up with zuluzinho. He's a fighter, he took the fights PRIDE told him he was going to fight. That's how it works over there, they like to take the best fighters and feed them cans to pump up their superman image, but it doesn't mean that they don't also face really good fighters, it's just part of the way japanese culture builds fighter's images to make them more marketable. He fought a lot of top competition and even many of the mediocre fighters he's faced have had massive weight and reach advantages on him that only a top shelf fighter would likely overcome. I'm not even really a big fedor fan, I just think that he's the best fighter and I don't understand a lot of people's arguments against him. Some are valid, but this fight should settle most of those arguments because tim is definitely top10 if not top5.