Report: CroCop Signing for UFC after getting "offer he cannot refuse"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: CroCop Signing for UFC after getting "offer he cannot refuse"
lohmann
7/3/09 4:05:56PM
"UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta has made Mirko 'CroCop' Filipovic "an offer he cannot refuse", according to a Croatian news portal.

Fertitta arrived in Zagreb, Croatia on a private plane this morning and proceeded straight to Filipovic's residence where the pair engaged in two hours of talks, according to Index.hr

"A source tells us that CroCop got an offer that is simply non-refusable," the article states. "CroCop will almost certainly look at the returning to the strongest MMA league in the world currently knows."

The news is surprising, not least because UFC president Dana White gave Filipovic a broadside when it was reported the Croatian had signed for Japanese promotion DREAM immediately after UFC 99."

source
Bowen50
7/3/09 4:12:41PM
if this is true do you guys think this offer will be Cro Cop stepping in to fight Gonzaga at UFC 102 instead of Chris Tuchscherer?
Jackelope
7/3/09 4:24:09PM
I'd love to see him get revenge on Gonzaga, but at the same time I'd hate to see Gonzaga take another loss. Who knows how it would play out.

This right here is just more proof as to why I didn't jump on the Cro Cop hate wagon like many others did. These guys are business men.. let them work the deals out before you judge.
dangerfield
7/3/09 4:30:00PM
Dude link to close to your achievements... cant get at it... struggling in vain...

EDIT: Hah during the reload process your achievement link disappeared momentarily. all is well.

Twenty20Dollars
7/3/09 4:47:46PM
Offer he can't refuse. Sign with the UFC or Gonzaga will kick your head off and Kongo will knee your balls back inside you.
cloud301336
7/3/09 5:09:17PM
good.....good....
bojangalz
7/3/09 5:13:27PM
until he's got an official opponent and this is confirmed by ZUFFA, I'm not going to hold my breath
Giant_Ochai
7/3/09 5:19:38PM
They're making themselves look desperate.
Kpro
7/3/09 5:51:42PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I don't consider the New York Yankees desperate. They just have a large fan base so they pursue free agents, and spend money to satisfy. Looks like the same type deal here.
prozacnation1978
7/3/09 6:47:29PM
i will be surprised my guess is he fights two more times this year maybe in sept against herring and in dec against big nog/couture winner

untill i see something hardcore on this
i want him to stay in the ufc, but i am curious to see what the offer was
Giant_Ochai
7/3/09 7:11:23PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I don't consider the New York Yankees desperate. They just have a large fan base so they pursue free agents, and spend money to satisfy. Looks like the same type deal here.

The Yankees are quite desperate. Zuffa is not, they must be gambling on the complete return of prime Mirko.
ncordless
7/3/09 7:17:10PM

UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta has made Mirko 'CroCop' Filipovic "an offer he cannot refuse",

... this may have something to do with the unconfirmed reports of the decapitation of Cro Cop's favorite horse.
mentalcase
7/3/09 9:22:57PM

Posted by ncordless

UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta has made Mirko 'CroCop' Filipovic "an offer he cannot refuse",

... this may have something to do with the unconfirmed reports of the decapitation of Cro Cop's favorite horse.

Did cro cop wake up with a horses head in his bed??
Manfred
7/3/09 10:55:17PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by ncordless

Did cro cop wake up with a horses head in his bed??

Yeah, he sent Edith:

mentalcase
7/3/09 11:37:21PM
id would really like to have Edith in my bed
Wolfenstein
7/3/09 11:42:13PM
Fertitta to the rescue!

He'll never get his revenge on Gonzaga. No offense to Cro Cop, but GG is a beast--he just has too many ways to win. His level of wrestling has significantly improved, and I think everyone knows his top game is dynamite.

Glad he's back--it was the right move to get a deal done whatever the cost. They've invested too much in CC to just let him walk away.
grappler0000
7/4/09 12:28:32AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

They've invested too much in CC to just let him walk away.

Not to mention their interest in the Japanese market. Although Lorenzo has stated that they have no plans of going to Japan in the near future, their recent actions would dictate otherwise.
roadking95th
7/4/09 12:49:01AM
Man, I got sidetracked. I thought this was a thread on Cro Cop. Then I read something about "a head in the bed" and Edith....and uh....I can't think straight
cmill21
7/4/09 2:38:26AM
As the caption above the avy says....get the strap ready.
finnish_line
7/4/09 9:39:01AM

I hope they don't have him fight Gonzaga.

The matches I want to see Cro-Cop in:

Cro-Cop vs. Couture
Cro-Cop vs. Lesnar
Cro-Cop vs. Mir
Cro-Cop vs. Nog
Cro-Cop vs. Carwin
Cro-Cop vs. Velasquez

Make one of THOSE happen!
JahanJahkesh
7/4/09 1:42:52PM
Its cool to see Cro Cop in the ufc, but I dont think he a top heavy anymore.

From the person right before me, I think everyone of those fighters beats Cro Cop, with the exception of Frank Mir. Randy would make Cro Cop look very bad, so would Velasquez.

I say give him the loser of Mir/Lesnar. Or maybe someone else cause Cro Cop seems to want to be more busy.
wrona666
7/4/09 7:32:36PM

Posted by cmill21

As the caption above the avy says....get the strap ready.

CC will never be champion in the UFC.........
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/4/09 8:16:08PM

Posted by finnish_line

I hope they don't have him fight Gonzaga.

The matches I want to see Cro-Cop in:

Cro-Cop vs. Couture
Cro-Cop vs. Lesnar
Cro-Cop vs. Mir
Cro-Cop vs. Nog
Cro-Cop vs. Carwin
Cro-Cop vs. Velasquez

Make one of THOSE happen!

IMO right now at this moment in time, he would lose all of those, the Nog matchup could be close though
cmill21
7/4/09 8:44:22PM
I'll avy bet that he'll hold the strap before he retires. No fedor, no problem