Finally, a balanced report on this situation. You heard it right from the mouth of the WEC's GM
"We were waiting to hear from [Varner] as far as his doctor's report. He went to the doctor, and he's not cleared yet. We're just going to have to wait and see. We're going to talk about what we're doing, where we're going with our lightweight division. Whether we do an interim title, how that works, I just can't comment yet because I haven't had the discussion yet.
While Cerrone has made several comments insinuating Varner is uninterested in revisiting the controversial January bout, Harris insisted the champ was hoping his health would allow him to again face "Cowboy."
"[Varner] wanted to fight Donald," Harris said. "But at the end of the day, it is about being ready and having things heal right. I know he's struggling with that, so we're going to sit down and talk about it."
Like I've maintained this entire time- Varner wants this fight so bad he can taste it. He wants to shut Cowboy's nut huggers up, and he wants to shut the cowboy up. What can you do when the doctors won't clear you to fight? He's had 3 surgeries now in less than 6 months. Yet, he's ducking