Report: Brock Lesnar's UFC Career Is Uncertain

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: Brock Lesnar's UFC Career Is Uncertain
FastKnockout
9/1/11 5:15:31PM
Brock Lesnar announced, "I'm back!" Dana White told us to expect Lesnar to "be back the first of the year." According to a report from The MMA Corner, there's now a chance Lesnar doesn't return to the UFC at all.

However, multiple sources close to his camp tell a different story about the former champion's condition. According to the sources, more than one doctor has informed Lesnar that he should no longer compete in the sport due to the stress that training and fighting puts on his body.

LINK
Budgellism
9/1/11 5:40:56PM
I'm now convinced he's not going to return.
BuffaloDave
9/1/11 6:21:41PM
Hopefully he has one more fight in him. I think the rubber match with Mir would be a fitting way for him to go out.
mrsmiley
9/1/11 6:27:57PM
I bet Vince will pay him huge dollars to be a special guest host for Raw.
Twenty20Dollars
9/1/11 7:14:37PM
Ehh, I don't care much either way. I'm just focused on the current fights.
Wallass
9/1/11 7:50:26PM
I said it after his loss to Cain, no matter what you hear or where you hear it, Brock Lesnar will never fight in MMA EVER again.
shaneTpain
9/1/11 8:00:06PM
say it aint so:(
Sir_Karl
9/1/11 8:17:24PM
This article is typical of MMA journalism.....it sucks. With the amateur level of MMA journalism, who the hell knows what is really going on? I don't trust any journalism...especially not in the MMA world. It is at the Middle School level. 3/4 of the MMA articles I read are either totally pointless or shoddy with no facts. BORRRRRRING!!!!!
FastKnockout
9/1/11 8:32:42PM
"more than one doctor has informed Lesnar that he should no longer compete in the sport due to the stress that training and fighting puts on his body."

This is all I needed to hear. Lesnar isn't in this sport to make a living, he's in it for entertainment. It wouldn't break Lesnar if he decided to quit MMA. He'd still be set for life. If the UFC honestly cared about Lesnar's health, they wouldn't let him step in the cage again if more then one doctor expressed concern.
BigCountryFedor
9/1/11 8:41:13PM
Was it worth screwing over Werdum to give Lesnar that title shot now Dana?
rockcrawler1231
9/1/11 10:32:55PM
he cant take a apunch he,s just a big name to make money thats it ................let the real fighters get paid for there job ..................not people that fight 1 time a year.....all champs should fight 3 times a year .....a 5 champ card would be grea t for the new years card would be great too .............................dana .......hint hint
Shawn91111
9/1/11 10:40:04PM

Posted by rockcrawler1231

he cant take a apunch he,s just a big name to make money thats it ................let the real fighters get paid for there job ..................not people that fight 1 time a year.....all champs should fight 3 times a year .....a 5 champ card would be grea t for the new years card would be great too .............................dana .......hint hint

Hasnt he been on the shelf with surgery etc? Tough to fight from a hospital, although the clean up should be easy.

And when he was champ, he fought 3 times a year.

prozacnation1978
9/1/11 11:16:40PM
I really think lesnar vs big nog in feb japan
tn_rebel
9/2/11 12:57:17AM

Cain isn't defending it anymore than Brock was.
RhythmAndStyle
9/2/11 1:47:49AM

Posted by Wallass

I said it after his loss to Cain, no matter what you hear or where you hear it, Brock Lesnar will never fight in MMA EVER again.

i F*CKIN agree man!..i have so much to say on this..but i wont..cuz than i'll be bannd..so all i can say is one word..AGREED!..nuff said..........
tn_rebel
9/2/11 9:35:31AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I really think lesnar vs big nog in feb japan

I would love to see that
emfleek
9/2/11 9:37:25AM

Posted by BigCountryFedor

Was it worth screwing over Werdum to give Lesnar that title shot now Dana?

Absolutely.
gartface
9/2/11 9:37:40AM

People seem to forget how dominant he has been in the majority of his fights. He got into the game late, but for all intents and purposes, he didn't give himself a title shot, did he? I think that two consecutive heavyweight title defenses justifies the title shot he was given.

He makes the company a ton of money, yes, but I think the fact that he can compete at a high level adds to the name he brought to the Octagon. He's made his name in three separate sports now, and justifiably so, in my opinion at least.

If we did in fact see his last fight, I'm pretty bummed about it. I love watching the guy fight. He knows how to hype a fight when it needs hyping, he's a monster of a wrestler who is getting the hang of submissions, or so it seems, and most of all he adds depth to an almost always shallow division.

Health is paramount though, and I hope he has a long healthy life, be it in the Octagon or working on his farm.
tn_rebel
9/2/11 9:44:17AM

Posted by gartface

People seem to forget how dominant he has been in the majority of his fights. He got into the game late, but for all intents and purposes, he didn't give himself a title shot, did he? I think that two consecutive heavyweight title defenses justifies the title shot he was given.

He makes the company a ton of money, yes, but I think the fact that he can compete at a high level adds to the name he brought to the Octagon. He's made his name in three separate sports now, and justifiably so, in my opinion at least.

If we did in fact see his last fight, I'm pretty bummed about it. I love watching the guy fight. He knows how to hype a fight when it needs hyping, he's a monster of a wrestler who is getting the hang of submissions, or so it seems, and most of all he adds depth to an almost always shallow division.

Health is paramount though, and I hope he has a long healthy life, be it in the Octagon or working on his farm.

Couldn't agree more. Brock has fought nothing but the highest level of competition in his division and has had as good of a start to an mma career as anyone. I would love to see him back in the octagon.