Report: UFC 147 To Be Held In A Stadium In Minas Gerais

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Report: UFC 147 To Be Held In A Stadium In Minas Gerais
Budgellism
4/27/12 2:26:34PM
According to a report from respected Brazilian MMA news outlet Tatame, the UFC has found a home for UFC 147 on June 23: Estadio Jornalista Felippe Drummond in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. The UFC had originally hoped to book the fight in a Sao Paulo stadium but ran afoul of noise restrictions. Then they planned on Rio de Janeiro but a UN conference that same week threatened to take up too many hotel rooms in the city.

The UFC has already moved the putative headliner between Middleweight champ Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen to UFC 148 in Las Vegas on July 7th. The card is now expected to feature Featherweight champ Jose Aldo defending his title against Erik Koch as the headliner.

Ultimate Fighter Brazil coaches Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort will face off in the co-main event. The card will also feature heavyweights Fabricio Werdum vs. Mike Russow and the Ultimate Fighter Brazil finals in 2 divisions.

LINK
airkerma
4/27/12 2:33:32PM
Minas gerais? I would have preferred minas tirith personally...
edit: really anywhere in gondor i guess
Wallass
4/27/12 3:13:23PM
I'm just happy Brazil is getting another show. The Brazilian fans are passionate and come across as some of the better fans when I watch the PPV's from Brazil.
DancingDoll
4/27/12 5:04:32PM

Posted by Wallass

I'm just happy Brazil is getting another show. The Brazilian fans are passionate and come across as some of the better fans when I watch the PPV's from Brazil.

I agree... the energy at the last one in Brazil was amazing! Always memorable...
thepitbull00
4/27/12 6:14:52PM
Plus in a big stadium Aldo will have that much more room to run around
Pookie
4/27/12 7:34:03PM
Anderson is going to be pissed...