Report: K-1 Grand Prix 2011 Cancelled

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Report: K-1 Grand Prix 2011 Cancelled
Budgellism
10/16/11 5:25:27PM
It looks like the dreams of a 2011 K-1 World Grand Prix may finally be dead. Reports are beginning to surface that the Final 16 of the Grand Prix, scheduled for October 29 in Nanjing, China, has been cancelled, though there is still no official word from K-1.

The most credible report comes from Anil Dubar, manager to K-1 fighter Daniel Ghita, who announced on a Dutch blog that the Final 16 event was cancelled. This news is not much of a surprise, as it comes at the end of a week full of last minute scrambling on K-1's part.

LINK
postman
10/17/11 9:21:03AM
Forgive me for the lingo but this Fing Blows! I honestly think the Grand Prix is my fav sporting event. Of course if a local team is in a final then that is more exciting but just in general I can and have watched K1 for hours on end.
ghandikush
10/17/11 10:01:55AM

Posted by postman

Forgive me for the lingo but this Fing Blows! I honestly think the Grand Prix is my fav sporting event. Of course if a local team is in a final then that is more exciting but just in general I can and have watched K1 for hours on end.

It's a heavyweight kickboxing superbowl, i have watched that and the k-1 max finals 3 of the last four years, sad to see.
Budgellism
10/17/11 11:39:52AM
Sad to see K-1 finally coming to an end. There have been some classic events that they've put on. I wonder what will happen to the sport of kickboxing in general. I've been watching It's Showtime on HDnet and it's great but it definitely isn't as good as K-1.