Replacement Marcus LeVesseur meets Michael Chiesa at UFC on FOX 5

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Replacement Marcus LeVesseur meets Michael Chiesa at UFC on FOX 5
sparky
10/24/12 2:53:33PM
A broken hand has forced lightweight Rafaello Oliveira to withdraw from UFC on FOX 5, but he's been replaced.

Stepping in for the Brazilian is Marcus LeVesseur (22-6 MMA, 1-1 UFC), who is set to meet "The Ultimate Fighter 15" winner Michael Chiesa (8-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC), sources close to the event told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The new matchup serves on the FUEL TV-televised prelims of the event, which takes place Dec. 8 at KeyArena in Seattle. Main-card fights air on FOX.

MMAjunkie.com passed along news of Oliveira's injury earlier today, though his replacement wasn't known at the time.

Earlier this month, LeVesseur won a hard-fought split decision over Carlo Prater at UFC on FX 5, which put him back on the right track after his octagon debut at UFC on FUEL TV 3 ended in a first-round submission loss to Cody McKenzie. Boasting an amateur wrestling record of 155-0, LeVesseur notably outpointed current Bellator welterweight champ Ben Askren on the mats at Augsburg College.

Link
JLS1980
10/24/12 3:05:12PM
I'm glad that Chiesa was able to get a replacement.
And this is a very winnable fight for Chiesa. Despite having an unorthodox standup he finds ways to win.

I think Chiesa gets the fight to the ground and pulls off the submission.
War Chiesa
FastKnockout
10/24/12 4:03:55PM
Not sure who I'll end up picking but I'm glad they found a quick replacement for him.
tcunningham
10/24/12 4:14:39PM
i think chiesa wins this by out working levesseur. i think chiesa's weakness will be dynamic strikers that can stop his TD's and i dont see this in levesseur
Budgellism
10/24/12 5:32:35PM

Posted by tcunningham

i think chiesa wins this by out working levesseur. i think chiesa's weakness will be dynamic strikers that can stop his TD's and i dont see this in levesseur

shaneTpain
10/24/12 8:49:27PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by tcunningham

that being said, I can't wait to see Chiesa do his thing
Bubbles
10/24/12 10:56:45PM
WAR CHIESA