What does the ufc need to do replace liddell and evans at UFC 85?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What does the ufc need to do replace liddell and evans at UFC 85?
ricoj3323
4/22/08 1:16:08AM
I think they need to have arlovski on the card but I dont know if that will happen, I'm still hoping for big nog vs. arlovski. Maybe evans vs. henderson damn i dont know, I hope they dont put irvin and evans in the main event like i seen rumored from sherdog

what do you think
Mchubb316
4/22/08 1:35:17AM
Arlovski is reportedly headed out of the UFC to fight Ben Rothwell at the afflictiona event in July. Evans will not fight another opponent because the fight with Liddell is postponed, and will happen later. They could bump one of the top fights from another card to make this one stronger. I just hope they do something good.
Ordep
4/22/08 1:55:50AM
Babalu !
coldchillin
4/22/08 2:22:45AM
just put on the original fight of Evans and Thiago Silva and let Mendes fight Irvin.
hails
4/22/08 4:29:09AM
I really hope they do something.

I am not happy that they think adding more events makes it better.

I would much prefer to watch a quality main event, rather than an extra 5 premlim fights.

That is not a fair deal!!!

The heat is on the UFC to deliver.
juanez13
4/22/08 6:25:02AM

Posted by coldchillin

just put on the original fight of Evans and Thiago Silva and let Mendes fight Irvin.

agreed. Thiago silva vs rashad was the original fight till shogun got injured, now that chuck is out, i think this is the best possible match up right now.

although i'd rather see matt hamill step up to the plate,cus i think he'd own rashad
CornishMMA
4/22/08 8:05:47AM
Im amazed people havnt thought of the most obvious one - BISPING - he is fresh and unhurt and they could make him the main event against anyone at 185 but surely a striker, Leben would be perfect imo
babytater03
4/22/08 8:49:56AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Im amazed people havnt thought of the most obvious one - BISPING - he is fresh and unhurt and they could make him the main event against anyone at 185 but surely a striker, Leben would be perfect imo

Very very true Cornish.

I was just telling my brother that they're going to have to get a BIG NAME countryman to fill this card now, or they're going to be in deep crap with the loyal english fans and Bisping would be a reallllly good fit right now for the UFC.
Twenty20Dollars
4/22/08 10:03:58AM
they arent going to have a big main event for this card. thats what im feeling.
gsquat
4/22/08 10:10:22AM
I think putting Thiago back in to fight Rashad would be great, but they wouldn't scratch Silva's fight when its this close... would they? Regardless of whether or not they make a completely new fight or find a new fighter for Rashad, he needs to fight soon. I hate stagnance.
kevietre
4/22/08 10:13:17AM
I like the idea of a Bisping vs. Leben fight but not for the main event.

This might work out for the better because I was not excited to see Chuck vs. Rashad in the first place so maybe they can come up with something better. Now that Chuck is injured I think he should still fight Shogun when both of them heal up.
waylon_o
4/22/08 10:14:10AM
I think they need to give Bisping a decent opponent and slap this bad boy on free Spike TV. I damn sure won't buy it without a real main event, so they need to give him someone he will smash like Leben and put it on Spike.
prozacnation1978
4/22/08 10:15:21AM
i think hamill or irvin will fight rashad in main event
i hope it is hamill
and they are adding three more fights to make up for it
i am hoping they are not pulling any fights from the july card but i would not be surprised if a fight or two is pulled from tuf finale like eastman vs mcfredries match
a shame cause likely these new fights were scheduled for the aug minnesota.

a couple names that might be added, houston alexander, clay guida, manny, chris wilson, paul kelly, to name a few
waylon_o
4/22/08 10:19:18AM
They said they are rescheduling Rashad/Liddell for later in the summer, so Rashad is more than likely not going to be on this card.
CornishMMA
4/22/08 10:22:13AM
LOL do you wanna change your avatar now bud?

Can you imagine if they made the rematch with Bisping Rashad cos it was a split decision Maybe make Rashad cut to add a joke twist "its now at 185" people complained so much about that 78 main event id lmao if they made it again, but they dont so dont worry

Bisping VS either 1. Leben 2. Sakara 3. Mcfedries

then have Rashad fight Silva or Gouveia, i WISH they would do stuff like that but they dont so they might even refuse to take Rashad off the main event and have him fight some random fighter
babytater03
4/22/08 10:34:22AM

Posted by waylon_o

I think they need to give Bisping a decent opponent and slap this bad boy on free Spike TV. I damn sure won't buy it without a real main event, ...

amen

if it stays on PPV without a REAL main event then you'll see me up at hooters that night.
JWils
4/22/08 10:36:42AM
It's probably to quick of a turn around for Franklin but a Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson fight wouldn't be a bad replacement for the main event

Bisping vs. Henderson would work too if Bisping is willing to step up and take this fight. But again, it's probably to quick of turn around for Bisping.

It will be interesting to see what the UFC does with this situation.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/22/08 3:15:34PM

Posted by hails

I really hope they do something.

I am not happy that they think adding more events makes it better.

I would much prefer to watch a quality main event, rather than an extra 5 premlim fights.

That is not a fair deal!!!

The heat is on the UFC to deliver.

they took rashad bs thiago away to fill in for shogun. but since both chuck & shogun got hurt, shouldnt we be allowed to get our original fight back!?!
gsquat
4/22/08 3:25:07PM
I can't believe they're speculating James Irvin to fight Rashad. They really need to cut Thiago's fight short and make him fight Rashad... even if it is on the upcoming fight card. Rashad will destroy Irvin then what? He'll have to wait for that big name fight before he'll have a chance at the title.
bigbubbano23
4/22/08 8:22:19PM
so far this card is not wort the money i hope it's a spike exclusive.
CornishMMA
4/23/08 5:21:22AM

Posted by CornishMMA

I thank you

Was always a no brainer that fight, imo its a better main event than 78, ok Rashad may not be as gooder fighter as Rashad but it clearly makes for a better fight and all the pre fight talk will be something to behold, finally Bisping will have a worthy opponent for his mouth as well
EON
4/23/08 5:47:37AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by CornishMMA

I thank you

Was always a no brainer that fight, imo its a better main event than 78, ok Rashad may not be as gooder fighter as Rashad but it clearly makes for a better fight and all the pre fight talk will be something to behold, finally Bisping will have a worthy opponent for his mouth as well

"Rashad may not be as gooder fighter as Rashad" who did you mean? anyway, its good to hear a brit that dosnt like Bisping
hodge
4/23/08 1:25:04PM
Might be a quick turnaround but id love to see Florian vs Huerta as the main and Bisping vs Quarry for no 1 contender as co main event lets face it neither of them went through a war in there last fight so it could happen.
tomsmith17381
4/23/08 3:06:21PM
either get huerta, bisping, or anderson silva or GIVE ME HALF MY MONEY BACK DANA!!!!!!!!!!
jgtribbett
4/23/08 8:24:53PM

Posted by babytater03

Posted by CornishMMA

Very very true Cornish.

I was just telling my brother that they're going to have to get a BIG NAME countryman to fill this card now, or they're going to be in deep crap with the loyal english fans and Bisping would be a reallllly good fit right now for the UFC.

I agree.. he looked good against mcarthy.. he was in good shape and btw.. i hadnt watched him much.. he seemed fairly technical.. but i've gotta seemore