With renewal deadline looming, White says Strikeforce's future lies in Showtime's hands

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » With renewal deadline looming, White says Strikeforce's future lies in Showtime's hands
Poor_Franklin
9/22/11 12:38:36AM
Dana says if Showtime wants to keep Strikeforce, they can.

mmajunkie

Is Dana picking Strikeforce's major pieces (Diaz, Overeem, Henderson) in hopes they will not renew & he can fold the tv contract, kill strikeforce & get everyone into the UFC?

Chael_Sonnen
9/22/11 12:46:11AM
With that being said by Uncle Dana, I would love to see Bam Bam Healey in the UFC
pmoney
9/22/11 5:35:46AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Is Dana picking Strikeforce's major pieces (Diaz, Overeem, Henderson) in hopes they will not renew & he can fold the tv contract, kill strikeforce & get everyone into the UFC?

This is exactly what I came here to imply. Why would Showtime want to keep Strikeforce? Most of their champions are in the UFC now, save for the women. Who else do they have that could put on a good show?

"Challengers" cards alone certainly aren't good enough. If I am not mistaken, neither Henderson-Emelianenko nor the most recent leg of the Heavyweight Grand Prix cracked a million views.
Kpro
10/2/11 1:13:29AM

Posted by pmoney

"Challengers" cards alone certainly aren't good enough.

The last "Challengers" card that came by here was so pathetic (considering it was a Strikeforce event) I didn't even pay for the cheapest ticket and drive 10 miles to go. Local smaller promotions were giving more fights and having just as much name recognition at the same time. That's sad considering it was under the Strikeforce banner.
Geoffo
11/2/11 3:31:03PM
I think Dana wants to keep Strikeforce sorta like a feeder league into the UFC.
He's taken all the big names and big fighters anyways. Think of Strikeforce as a bigger TUF. Haha!