renato sobral

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » renato sobral
« Previous Page
chris91301
8/28/07 6:58:29PM
that was unsportsmanlike conduct from babalu. the fight already looked bad with all the blood there, i think this kind of behavior will just add more negative publicity to the sport which already is considered a blood and high school drop out sport by many.
JimiMak
8/28/07 8:04:25PM

Posted by Rush

Interesting how that issue coul've been published considering the weigh ins are shown all over.

I agree, but think it is due to ppl seeing it on these sights and then not even looking at something that they can confirm or not for themselves.
Believe-in-judo81
8/30/07 1:56:48AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

I'm a big Sobral fan, and what did last night has cost him no respect from me. Im just bummed that he didn't handle it outside of the cage(Preferably in a non violent manner, though I cheered my ass off for Renato after he caught the choke) where he wasn't going to potentially hurt his career. That said Heath got off light, I'm sure many fighters would have done much worse if Heath pulled what he did to Renato on them. Especially the racist BS (calling him a monkey etc. making digs at his Brazilian heritage) off camera after the weigh-ins. You ask me the moron got at least what he deserved, and hopefully learned to show mutual respect to the other guys out there doing what he does, regardless of whether he likes them or not.

Why is it people like you and Renato think its ok to risk the legitamacy of the sport, and the safety of another fighter all in the name of teaching someone a lesson? I really trully hope you are not an adult. Hell even kids know that two wrongs don't make a right. Regardless of Heath's behavior, it is not Renatos right or responsibility to take matters into his own hands and damage the integrity of the sport for his own personal beliefs. Make no mistakes, Dana has already stated that Renato will be reprimanded for his actions. I really hope that Renato gets suspended from fighting for at least 9 months.

Hey pal, no need to attack me, I just made a very opinionated post, something you, me and everyone else does on here everyday. I agree that babalu should be reprimanded and like my post said, had you bothered to read it clearly, I would have much preferred for him to handle it nonviolently. I just don't blame him for reacting how he did, brazilians are on average very proud and headstrong people. If you go attacking their heritage, calling them names etc. They might just hit you. Heck, a lot of people would in a moment of weakness and lack of judgement. I'm still a fan of his fights and always will be. Just let the guy take his lumps and get on with his career. I mean, fan or not you can't deny the fact that there are some very intriguing new matchups for him in the division.
nubby
8/30/07 12:00:42PM

Posted by nubby

I'm a big Sobral fan, and what did last night has cost him no respect from me. Im just bummed that he didn't handle it outside of the cage(Preferably in a non violent manner, though I cheered my ass off for Renato after he caught the choke) where he wasn't going to potentially hurt his career. That said Heath got off light, I'm sure many fighters would have done much worse if Heath pulled what he did to Renato on them. Especially the racist BS (calling him a monkey etc. making digs at his Brazilian heritage) off camera after the weigh-ins. You ask me the moron got at least what he deserved, and hopefully learned to show mutual respect to the other guys out there doing what he does, regardless of whether he likes them or not.

Why is it people like you and Renato think its ok to risk the legitamacy of the sport, and the safety of another fighter all in the name of teaching someone a lesson? I really trully hope you are not an adult. Hell even kids know that two wrongs don't make a right. Regardless of Heath's behavior, it is not Renatos right or responsibility to take matters into his own hands and damage the integrity of the sport for his own personal beliefs. Make no mistakes, Dana has already stated that Renato will be reprimanded for his actions. I really hope that Renato gets suspended from fighting for at least 9 months.

Hey pal, no need to attack me, I just made a very opinionated post, something you, me and everyone else does on here everyday. I agree that babalu should be reprimanded and like my post said, had you bothered to read it clearly, I would have much preferred for him to handle it nonviolently. I just don't blame him for reacting how he did, brazilians are on average very proud and headstrong people. If you go attacking their heritage, calling them names etc. They might just hit you. Heck, a lot of people would in a moment of weakness and lack of judgement. I'm still a fan of his fights and always will be. Just let the guy take his lumps and get on with his career. I mean, fan or not you can't deny the fact that there are some very intriguing new matchups for him in the division.

And that is the problem in your own words "I just don't blame him..." there is no accountability, if you don't condemn his behavior regardless of his background, his ethnicity, or his culture. You send a very mixed message about how you feel about what happened. In one instance you say what he did was wrong but in the very next you say well we shouldn't blame him because he's brazilian. I could care less about his matchups because if a person can't control themselves in that cage then they shouldn't be there. I appologize for what you might have interpreted to be an attack but I was really hoping you were a young kid because adults should know better and condemn what Babalu did. On top of all that, I don't think my suggestion for a limited suspension is really all that out of line. It is a slap on the wrist, and he would be able to come back and fight.
scoozna
8/30/07 3:14:04PM
Firstly, that was one hell of a beatdown.
Secondly, shame on him for holding onto the choke waaaaay to long.
Thirdly, I think the $25k penalty is enough. They don't make that much $...etc...
Fourthly, Dana ending his contract and then saying he might take him back someday...WTF is that?
nubby
8/30/07 3:27:22PM

Posted by scoozna

Firstly, that was one hell of a beatdown.
Secondly, shame on him for holding onto the choke waaaaay to long.
Thirdly, I think the $25k penalty is enough. They don't make that much $...etc...
Fourthly, Dana ending his contract and then saying he might take him back someday...WTF is that?

LOL Dana does that kind of crap all the time. He says one thing then does another. It's perfectly within reason to think that if he kicks someone out they will come back eventually.
JWils
8/30/07 3:33:40PM

Posted by cmill21

Lost all respect for bablu, he not only held it knowingly but he but the guy to sleep. Thats rediculous, this sports made so much ground on proving it's not barbaric and he goes and jepordizes it.

Happy trails Babalu.... He's a top level fighter but the UFC did the right thing with this. They had to make an example of him. Heath might be a dumb a$$ but that was classless move by Babalu. I'm glad to see that Dana White and the UFC came down hard on him. The sport doesn't need this kind of attention.
tepid55
8/30/07 5:29:57PM
The UFC needs to quit trying to make nice guys out of its fighters.
richieb19
8/30/07 5:31:19PM
Hopefully HERO'S or EliteXC pick him up, and in a hurry. It could really turn the tide for their popularity and depth.
nubby
8/30/07 6:49:37PM

Posted by tepid55

The UFC needs to quit trying to make nice guys out of its fighters.

Yeah, that's what they're doing.
Believe-in-judo81
8/31/07 12:40:44PM
If you ask me firing him was too much. A hefty fine and 6 month plus suspension would have been a better solution. However, I guess I have to give Dana some respect for standing firm on this and sending a clear message, even if I think it was a bit too harsh.

As for Renato hopefully he's learned his lesson from this and will pick up a contract elsewhere, I really enjoy seeing the guy fight.
TriChoke10
8/31/07 1:09:51PM
Yeah go on youtube and type in babalu 74, theres the cideo. They said he did it bc the guy called him a mother ****** at weigh in. Also i think this is the most disrespectful shit to the sport. Like come on man.
Pages: 1 [2]