Reminder

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Reminder
FastKnockout
4/20/11 7:50:43PM
Just wanted to remind you guys that new episodes of Unleashed, TUF, and Primetime come on tonight.

Unleashed: Jeremy Stephens vs. Marcus Davis and Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team Dos Santos

Primetime: St. Pierre/Shields
Budgellism
4/20/11 10:37:27PM
This season of TUF is truly awful. I've been trying to defend the show for years but this season is just bad. I'm looking forward to the Primetime though.
FastKnockout
4/20/11 10:51:36PM

Posted by Budgellism

This season of TUF is truly awful. I've been trying to defend the show for years but this season is just bad. I'm looking forward to the Primetime though.

I agree that the season is pretty awful. I will never miss an episode, though. Especially since Dos Santos is a coach, and he's my favorite Heavyweight. Other then that, I'm not getting much enjoyment out of it.

Have you noticed that most of the guys this season are wrestlers? I wonder if Dana did that on purpose for Lesnar, since he doesn't have much experience teaching other aspects of MMA.
Budgellism
4/20/11 10:53:55PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

I agree that the season is pretty awful. I will never miss an episode, though. Especially since Dos Santos is a coach, and he's my favorite Heavyweight. Other then that, I'm not getting much enjoyment out of it.

Have you noticed that most of the guys this season are wrestlers? I wonder if Dana did that on purpose for Lesnar, since he doesn't have much experience teaching other aspects of MMA.

Well considering the most useful thing Brock says during a fight is "Hit him!" I could definitely see that.
Twenty20Dollars
4/21/11 1:26:42AM
It seems like Dos Santos got all the wrestlers, even though Brock is the wrestler.

Brock's lone winner is the guy no one thought would win, the part time fighter.

Brock is starting to remind me of Ken Shamrock, when he coached.

Dos Santos is reminding me of when Big Nog did it, just having a good time.

Maybe they should have made them fight to get into the house.
prozacnation1978
4/21/11 11:52:01AM
I had a lot of time to think about this
But this is worst season ever and worst talent ever!!!
Thank god remy won by finish
I thought all those guys took a jon fitch seminar!!!
Too many decisions, and no passion.

Ufc needs to make something different
Another comeback season for the belts would be great

Or show more house antics and less training.

Ufc needs a sonnen vs bisping badly
Some personality would be great. A grudge season is always the best

Hughes vs serra
Rampage vs evans
Even hendo vs bisping. People were dying to see the fight
Gsp vs kos. Was decent.

Faber vs cruz would have been great
Or a leban as coach. Hell even a griffin vs bonner season next year would be cool
kingsmasher
4/21/11 12:17:39PM
LOL I doubt Dana saw this coming with TUF..

Bottom line is any one with talent out there fighting doesn't really need TUF...They are already known or swept up in something I bet...

This batch of fighters is defintely the worst ever...I been in many street fights and know a little bit but honestly think I could go in there this season and hold my own..

Which sounds ridiculous but I think quite simply these guys lack heart and determination, a killer instinct and downright talent...I think maybe some of the questions they ask these potential fighters are

Do you hvae tattoos?
Would you be willing to get tattoos?
Would you get a tattoo that sasid Jesus?
Would you bring baby pictures?
Can you cry on demand?
Could you tell Brock off?
Are you willing to clinch on the cage for the whole round?
Are you willing to bore the hell outta people who love the show?

Last but not least..

If you answered yes to these questions and know 15 more guys just like you can you bring them with?

OK you're in..

And don't forget the clinch this is a huge opportunity...
Budgellism
4/21/11 1:37:23PM
I don't see any of the guys on the show right now being a factor in the ufc. Jury possibly could have but I guess we'll see.