REMEMBERING EVAN TANNER

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » REMEMBERING EVAN TANNER
thevoodooninja
9/9/12 11:25:14AM
LINK

Evan Tanner 1971-2008
Four years ago, on September 8, 2008, the mixed martial arts world lost one of its most compelling figures when former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner tragically died of heat exposure during a camping trip in California’s Palo Verde mountain area.

Just 37, Tanner’s death hit the MMA scene hard, not just because he was so young and for what he brought to the fight game, though he brought plenty throughout his 11 year pro career. Instead, we all felt like Tanner was one of us, a fighter who wasn’t some superhero with otherworldly powers, but a regular guy who struggled and fought not just in the Octagon, but in life.
pmoney
9/9/12 12:21:23PM
RIP Evan Tanner. I can't believe its been so long since his passing. He was a great fighter, and definitely an inspiration.

Remember survival preparation. Make sure you have GALLONS of water, especially if you are going in to the desert. You lose so much water so quick, it's easy to get dehydrated. Make sure to let people know where you are going, when you expect to be back, etc.
Rabi
9/9/12 12:21:30PM
I loved Evan Tanner, he was so exciting to watch and he finished fights, his gnp elbows were nasty.
george112
9/9/12 1:22:16PM
Damn..I remember when he passed back in the day on the PG. Sad day
Budgellism
9/9/12 1:57:49PM
infestructure
9/9/12 5:23:14PM

Posted by Budgellism

jae_1833
9/9/12 6:29:06PM
He passed on a lot of life lessons, not only about being a fighter but about being a man.....his battles in his personal life and standing up for what he believes in etc....good guy. Great fighter!! RIP
prozacnation1978
9/9/12 7:15:05PM
Been four years already
Chael_Sonnen
9/9/12 7:24:58PM
His old MySpace posts were often precariously hilarious.

Interesting man
airkerma
9/10/12 9:48:17AM
Very unfortunate. When I first heard the news I really thought it was one of those gotcha moments, like when they announced in NZ that Jeff Goldblum died. No punchline this time, RIP
zephead
9/10/12 6:52:57PM
Such a good dude. Would help anybody. Evan was the type of person the sports world needed . RIP dude, you are missed big time.