Rematch Iceman VS Rampage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Rematch Iceman VS Rampage
justinlawson19862005
7/3/07 2:22:33PM
So any one think my boy chuck has a chance at recapturing the belt ? Or Rampage stays king of the throne?
Mastodon2
7/3/07 2:30:03PM
Rampage will destroy Chuck again, if he doesnt dominate him like he did the first time, he will KO him like he did the second time.

However, if Shogun gets a shot at Rampage, Shogun will probably take the belt, and Id give Chuck even less of a chance against him than I would against Rampage.

I dont think we will see Chuck / Rampage III again though, I really dont think we need to see it. There really is no question in my mind, and in a lot of peoples minds; Rampage is simply better than Chuck.
Violentcuv
7/3/07 2:32:47PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Rampage is simply better than Chuck.

I agree with that.

I hope they don't have a rematch anytime soon. With all the talented fighters coming over we don't need a rematch.
nubby
7/3/07 2:33:37PM
I say give him another shot at Rampage so that Tito can have another shot at Chuck.
Leland
7/3/07 2:52:37PM

Posted by nubby

I say give him another shot at Rampage so that Tito can have another shot at Chuck.

pv3Hpv3p
7/3/07 2:57:56PM
I don't think they should be in any hurry to put Chuck up against a guy he is 0-2 against... What would happen if Chuck won? Would Rampage get an immediate rematch, that could lead to a best of 5 series?

I guess the UFC could keep throwing Chuck at Page until he won, but there is a lot of young and incoming talent in the LHW div... Personally I think Chuck should be included in superfights because he is a great fighter and very very marketable, or something like that... maybe even make a "superfight belt" for him to win...
ProfessorChaos
7/3/07 3:04:03PM
Truly disgusting. He got destroyed 2 in a row. He has not beaten enough quality opponents for everyone to be on his nuts. He's a good fighter, but not great. They should just make it Liddell vs Shogun at UFC 76 so we can end all this silly talk. Shogun would retire him.
nubby
7/3/07 3:11:04PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Truly disgusting. He got destroyed 2 in a row. He has not beaten enough quality opponents for everyone to be on his nuts. He's a good fighter, but not great. They should just make it Liddell vs Shogun at UFC 76 so we can end all this silly talk. Shogun would retire him.

Hold on a second, he hasn't gone up against great fighters? Are you serious? Let us list the Fighters he has destroyed shall we?

Tito Ortiz - My Favorite :)
Randy Couture
Jeremy Horn
Renato Sobral
Vernon White
Vitor Belfort
Alistair Overeem
Kevin Randleman
Maurilo Bustamante

Chuck is a great fighter and I can say that despite the fact that I hate his frickin guts.
CTU81
7/3/07 4:14:56PM
Chuck is my favorite fighter, has been for a long time, but I dont want to see him fight Rampage again for a little while. No immediate rematches. I would rather see him fight Wandy, Shogun, Henderson, or move up in weight and fight heavyweight than see a third Rampage fight. His string of rematches needs to end for a little while before he gets another crack at Rampage.

Hopefully, Henderson or Shogun beats Rampage and Chuck/Wandy actually happens. Then after Chuck beats Wandy he can fight for the belt again, against someone not named Rampage.

I think Chuck will beat Wandy alot easier than people think he will. Shogun on the other hand is a tougher fight for Chuck but I think he can take it, but it wouldn't be easy. Rampage is just too technical of a boxer for Chuck, its a real bad style matchup.
Ultimate_fighter
7/3/07 5:29:04PM

Posted by justinlawson19862005

So any one think my boy chuck has a chance at recapturing the belt ? Or Rampage stays king of the throne?

rampage wins for sure
mk1630
7/3/07 5:41:22PM
Wow i love how as soon as chuck looses a fight everyone strats saying he isnt even that good a fighter. You were probably the same people that were obsessed with him when he knocked out Randy, Tito, and Sobral among others. Lets see how many people go back to him when he knocks out Silva or if he ever knocks out Shogun.
komodo20
7/3/07 6:43:05PM
liddell will vs Rampage and knock him out
Ultimate_fighter
7/5/07 2:39:37AM

Posted by komodo20

liddell will vs Rampage and knock him out

are u crazy... he killed chuck the first fight then just through that amazing right hook and dropped chuck... then he's goin to lose against wanderlei, chucks days are over, i hate to say, i dont really like him, but he is a hell of a fighter, just he's getting to be to old. Couture is the only one who can pull off old man kicking ass....
jdubs
7/5/07 12:20:47PM
chuck is old news