Which rematch would you like to see most?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Which rematch would you like to see most?
POLL: which rematch woul dyou want to see most
BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes 3 27% (13)
Cro Cop vs Fedor 2 18% (9)
GSP vs Matt Hughes 3 18% (9)
Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz 2 18% (9)
Nick Diaz vs Gomi 2 18% (9)
veritas
11/11/07 1:34:29PM
which fight do you see the upset in?
1) BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes 3
2) GSP vs Matt Hughes 3
3) Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz 2
4) Liddel vs Couture 4
5) Cro Cop vs Fedor
6) Nick Diaz vs Gomi 2
box111574
11/11/07 1:37:33PM
i would like 2 see diaz gomi 2 because i still think diaz would kill gomi without the weed.
jiujitsufreak74
11/11/07 1:37:53PM
even though bj is now going to fight at LW, i still would like to see him avenge his loss to hughes. i feel that he just gassed out after two solid rounds of picking hughes apart. i believe if he was given the chance bj would train harder and avenge his loss to hughes because he wouldn't gas out like last time.
tuvok500
11/11/07 1:43:12PM
I want to see GSP / Hughes 3 live in Montreal march 29 !!!

this is what i want the most !!

ohiostate1016
11/11/07 1:52:25PM
I wanna see Forrest/Tito 2, just because I hate the way that Forrest lost that fight. He stuffs Tit's takedowns for almost 14 minutes, and then gets taken down with 90 seconds left, and loses the fight.

I think that that fight would be the closest because their styles match up well. It's great to see Tito shoot in and get popped in the jaw by one of Forrest's punches, and he still can't take him down. Forrest really showed me something in that fight. I put his sprawl up there with Chuck after seeing that fight. How come Tito always faces the guys w/ the great sprawl (Chuck, Forrest, Wandi, etc)?

Other than that, Diaz/Gomi is a close second, even though Diaz just lost to Noons. I think that Diaz would give Gomi another run for his money, and it'd be interesting to see who wins that fight.
Gladiator
11/11/07 2:37:22PM
on the list i voted for diaz vs gomi 2 but the rematch i want to see the most is GSP vs BJ 2.
Twenty20Dollars
11/11/07 4:25:34PM
bj vs matt
Taylor8766
11/11/07 4:56:44PM
what about Tyson Griffin vs. Clay Guida 2, or Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine 2 just because I wanna see Jardine get his ass kicked.
MALICE
11/11/07 6:52:37PM
Gotta go with Hughes vs GSP 3. If Hughes won, they would probably not face each other again before Hughes' retirement, and Hughes would go down as the greatest WW of all time. If GSP won, it would boost his status more, and set a good pace for him to maybe take the, Greatest WW of all time title, away from Hughes in the years to come.
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 7:08:14PM
I went with Forrest/Tito 2, just because I could see Forrest winning this time, and it was the greatest image ever.. especially because Tito's huge head only got bigger with anger, until it exploded all over Joe Rogan, and Forrest during the post fight interview.
loonytnt
11/11/07 11:40:10PM
if i can add one id like to see tito vs wandy
Bemin
11/12/07 12:06:30AM

Posted by tuvok500

I want to see GSP / Hughes 3 live in Montreal march 29 !!!

this is what i want the most !!

Ya this would be an epic fight, especially in Montreal. I think you will def. see GSP fighting either Serra or Hughes in Montreal, It makes no sense to have it anywhere else and us Canadian fans will go apeshit for a UFC in Canada with GSP on the card.
KeNn
11/13/07 7:12:52PM
3) Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz 2
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/13/07 9:35:05PM
Can't believe cropcop fedor isint leading... I really can't wait to see fedor fight again... I miss him hehehe
quezocrema0032
11/23/07 12:26:21AM
Am dying to see penn beat hughes again ... thts the 1 fight all the penn haters go to forgetting he dominated hughes 3 out of 4 rounds they fought .. hughes cant take him down and he cant stand with him ... and i would love to see forrest tito 2 ... forrest was robbed ... true story
jiujitsufreak74
11/23/07 12:57:58AM
wouldn't mind seeing wandy / rampage III to see if rampage has improved to the point where he can beat the one guy who seems to have his number and avenge a loss while further proving he deserves to be #1 LHW. also would love to see alves / davis II (already have a thread on it) so we can see how these two warriors have massively progressed since their last meeting and hopefully would be another war.
Pitbull09
11/23/07 3:31:18AM
GSP vs Hughes 3! The good thing is I know its pretty much guarenteed. This fight is important for the Welterweight divisions history. They each have a win and each one would do anything to win the rivalry.

If hughes wins, he furthers his legency as the best welterweight ever and prob will later retire.

If GSP wins he gets to prove hes the best in the division and he didnt win the last fight because the groin shots.

If I had to choose outside of that it would be Forest/Tito 2. Forest has improved and would win. I dont think we would see a third fight either way it went though
Pitbull09
11/23/07 3:33:29AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

wouldn't mind seeing wandy / rampage III to see if rampage has improved to the point where he can beat the one guy who seems to have his number and avenge a loss while further proving he deserves to be #1 LHW. also would love to see alves / davis II (already have a thread on it) so we can see how these two warriors have massively progressed since their last meeting and hopefully would be another war.

Ive been saying all this time that Wanderlei is the guy who can beat rampage in that division, not shogun. His style just beats jacksons but to see how much Rampage has improved makes me wonder if the guy with the best shot to beat him will be disappointed
NatedawgThaM
11/23/07 5:08:07AM
I wanna see BJ-Matt 3 becuase if BJ has motivation he's tough to beat but there in different weight classes. I wanna see CC vs Fedor 2 but CC ain't the same. I want to see Forrest/Jardine 2 because the 1st was so lucky. Forrest was winning the whole fight and then the last 30 seconds of the round he gets caught. I think Forrest F's him up in the rematch. But I think Forrest is and SHOULD get the next title shot.

So I guess I'll choose Tito Forrest 2. Forrest won the 1st IMO. Tito won the 1st round with LNP. The 2nd Forrest starts stuffing Tito and beats the crap out of him on the feet and wins RD 2. Then Forrest owns Tito in the 3rd until the last 30 seconds and Tito gets a last second takedwn. Forrest was still beating him then! He was way more active with throwing elbows as Tito didn't throw anything after the takedown! It was just the judges were on Tito's nuts and wanted to see Tito/Chuck 2 and they got it. And he lost..

Tyson-Guida or Tyson-Tarveres I also want to see since I think Tyson lost both of those.
hippysmacker
11/23/07 6:05:35AM
Bj-Hughes. It could be Hughes last fight whether or not he has the belt, and it would be awesome IMO. even if Bj holds the LW strap it wouldn't hurt him to lose in a higher weight class to an all-time great in my eyes. So no downside , if Hughes lost to BJ he could go out against a guy no one is ashamed to lose too.
Linye
11/23/07 9:24:00AM
I want GSP v. Serra
Mayhem13
11/23/07 8:13:20PM
this has been a pretty even poll so far, haha

I went with Diaz and Gomi though, that is a guarenteed action packed fight, on papaer atleast...
MMAFightClothes
11/24/07 4:14:24PM
Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz 2