UFC releases Sheila Gaff following TKO loss to Amanda Nunes

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC releases Sheila Gaff following TKO loss to Amanda Nunes
FastKnockout
8/13/13 1:37:37PM
Sheila Gaff becomes the first female UFC fighter released from the promotion following her 2nd loss in as many fights.

Link
DeadHead988
8/13/13 1:56:46PM
She looked awful. Seriously, in men's mma that skill level would be seen in the lower tier amateur leagues. I have no interest in women's mma whatsoever and have yet to see more than a handful of truly competitive matches at the ufc level. They basically just built an entire division off Ronda Rousey.
prozacnation1978
8/13/13 2:25:50PM
How do you sign this girl but not holly Holm
FlashyG
8/13/13 3:54:12PM

Posted by DeadHead988

She looked awful. Seriously, in men's mma that skill level would be seen in the lower tier amateur leagues. I have no interest in women's mma whatsoever and have yet to see more than a handful of truly competitive matches at the ufc level. They basically just built an entire division off Ronda Rousey.

Considering there has likely been less than 10 women fights in UFC history having a handful of competitive fights puts them in pretty good shape.

Once upon a time the entire organization was built on Royce Gracie. In the not so distant past the entire LHW division was built on LIddell.

You've got to start somewhere and IMO more MMA is a good thing whether its men or women taking part.

I think the UFC should bolster their women's division by buying Invicta,

GDPofMPG
8/13/13 4:23:18PM
Wouldn't of cut her loose yet. Too soon for a division you're trying to persuade people you care about building, whether that is a lie or not.
tallica62
8/13/13 5:56:18PM
That's surprising considering how thin the women's side is...plus she's German, so would be good for a European/German event
TheShaman
8/13/13 7:08:44PM
Wish we could have seen her in a stand up battle. I think she outclassed everyone in the division on her feet. That's why they took her down so quickly. She even caught Nunes pretty good before the desperation takedown.