Your most relaxing music you listen to?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Your most relaxing music you listen to?
Next Page »
Boo_Radley21
12/9/08 4:47:07PM
I put on some Cypress Hill today and I realized it's the most relaxing music I listen to. It's almost soothing. So I was wondering what you guys say is the most relaxing.
aaa9erh8er
12/9/08 4:48:16PM
nothing more relaxing in the whole world then smoking a blunt to Bob Marley's JAmmin. or any other of his classics
breakdown5
12/9/08 4:48:40PM
Modest Mouse and Bob Dylan
StevenSeagal
12/9/08 4:49:40PM

Posted by breakdown5

Modest Mouse and Bob Dylan

I second the Dylan.
emfleek
12/9/08 4:53:32PM
The Black Keys
Bowen50
12/9/08 5:01:01PM
Incubus - Aqueous Transmission by far the most relaxing thing i've ever heard
dannyfrank
12/9/08 5:03:02PM
bob or ziggy marley
Jackelope
12/9/08 5:08:05PM
Being a big fan of classical music (yes, you can make fun) I have to say that I love turning on the classical channel on my cable and relaxing on the couch. I usually do that during homework. Any symphony/classical relaxes me. Even dramatic symphony.

Some of my favorite composers are Hans Zimmer (Gladiator Soundtrack) and James Horner (Braveheart soundtrack) but of course I have a deep love of the music of all the great composers- Bach, Mozart, Beethoven. I also love the soundtrack to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

When it comes to regular music I have to go with Bob Seger's Greatest Hits being a great CD to chill out while listening to. Sublime and Tom Petty work good, too.

Edit: OH, and Beck's Sea Changes album is a great album to relax to. Although it can be depressing
Aaronno9
12/9/08 5:23:03PM
I listen to Howard Shores concerning hobbits. Its so relaxing and cheerful. I wish i could find more music similar.
Jackelope
12/9/08 5:28:33PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I listen to Howard Shores concerning hobbits. Its so relaxing and cheerful. I wish i could find more music similar.

Howard Shore is a great composer, too. There are a lot of hollywood composers who make awesome soundtracks. Music adds so much to scenes in movies. Try watching a scene on mute and then with music, it is like a completely different scene. The LOTR series is a perfect example of cinematography combined with score to make the scenes seem more epic than they really are.
dannyfrank
12/9/08 5:57:18PM

Posted by Jackelope

Being a big fan of classical music (yes, you can make fun) I have to say that I love turning on the classical channel on my cable and relaxing on the couch. I usually do that during homework. Any symphony/classical relaxes me. Even dramatic symphony.

Some of my favorite composers are Hans Zimmer (Gladiator Soundtrack) and James Horner (Braveheart soundtrack) but of course I have a deep love of the music of all the great composers- Bach, Mozart, Beethoven. I also love the soundtrack to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

When it comes to regular music I have to go with Bob Seger's Greatest Hits being a great CD to chill out while listening to. Sublime and Tom Petty work good, too.

Edit: OH, and Beck's Sea Changes album is a great album to relax to. Although it can be depressing

what? no love for vivaldi!?
Shawn91111
12/9/08 6:24:01PM
Relaxing music I gotta go with Oasis. Especially their accustic sets of songs like Whatever and Sunday Morning Call
Wolfenstein
12/9/08 6:29:28PM
Chopin, maybe Nocturne in C minor. The album Abbey Road by the Beatles is quite soothing. Grand Funk Railroad's "I'm your Captain" is another favorite. Damien Rice is another artist that's really grown on me for those times you want to mellow out. Finally, and of course...Pink Floyd and Roger Waters.
DCRage
12/9/08 6:29:29PM
I keep plenty of ambient electronic music on my iPod, works almost perfectly for relaxing or a power nap at work.
bobbydoomocculta
12/9/08 8:13:19PM
LMAO... every thread I've read today has been "manly this" and "I'm so manly that".... Then I walk into this...

Hypocrisy and Benediction do it for me...
Jackelope
12/9/08 8:33:02PM

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

LMAO... every thread I've read today has been "manly this" and "I'm so manly that".... Then I walk into this...

What... did I forget to mention that while taking my bubble baths and listening to Beethoven that I'm also eating raw meat and watching predator???

Also- good calls on some of the other composers. I can't name em all, so that's why I keep you guys around Pink Floyd is another great relaxing band to listen to at times. Especially songs like Shine on You Crazy Diamond (2 is my favorite) and Learning to Fly
ohiostate1016
12/9/08 10:03:44PM
2 words that will change your life:

Jack Johnson.
jiujitsufreak74
12/9/08 10:07:26PM
cmill21
12/9/08 10:23:25PM
Jack Johnson. More specifically the song No Other way. It's impossible not to relax after hearing that song.
Pitbull09
12/9/08 10:50:44PM
I have playlists when I need to relax but off the top of my head-
Coldplay (The stuff before their new album)
The Subways Lines of Light
Jet Shine on
Stereophonics Maybe Tomorrow
Muse
The Whites Stripes Elephant Album
aaa9erh8er
12/9/08 11:25:32PM

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

whats un manly about chillen to bob marly bro lol thats relaxing! see the bannans like marley
The_Ho_Bag
12/9/08 11:29:22PM
not going to lie but

Live your life-Rihanna and T.I

Buffalo Solider-bob Marley

The Unforgiven-Metalica
sublime
12/9/08 11:39:25PM
Khaos
12/9/08 11:58:07PM
Specifically Pantera, then Alice in Chains, then Madball, then Local H, followed by Amon Amarth and finished by Cannibal Corpsre. It doesn't matter the songs.
hotrodttt
12/10/08 12:29:20AM
Drudinh
12/10/08 7:07:41AM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

nothing more relaxing in the whole world then smoking a blunt to Bob Marley's JAmmin. or any other of his classics

AchillesHeel
12/10/08 9:34:35AM
Boo_Radley21
12/10/08 1:13:21PM
Add Wu-Tang to the list.

I mean listen to this:
Wu-Tang - Can't it all be so simple and tell me that it doesn't make you wanna go smoke a doob and go to sleep.

I think I enjoy the old rap groups better than most other types of music.

Like Cypress Hill, NWA, Wu-Tang, Jurassic 5, that ***** all really really ******* good. Wu-Tang - Can't it all be so simple
george112
12/10/08 1:40:00PM
Cypress Hill.
Bob Marley.
Mystic roots.

love listening to them when im letting my mind take flight

look up pass the marijauna by mystic roots and tell me that you dont feel a sense of peace an calm
FrankTheTank1181
12/10/08 6:09:45PM
Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is pretty chilin' music. Also, I like to throw on some Tool and just lay down and close my eyes, very relaxing.
Pages: [1] 2