Anyone Related To/A Good Friend of a Pro MMA Fighter?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anyone Related To/A Good Friend of a Pro MMA Fighter?
MMA_Alex
3/11/08 1:21:59PM
I was just wondering if anyone here was related to and/or a good friend of a pro MMA fighter. I think it would be pretty cool if I was related to someone like Anderson Silva or something.
StevenSeagal
3/11/08 1:45:19PM
lol My old Jiu Jitsu teacher was in UFC 12. He went 1-1. Then I found out he was a fraud and his blackbelt was from a different martial art besides BJJ. Thats as close to knowing a "fighter" as i've come.
mkiv9secsupra
3/11/08 2:20:44PM
There are actually a few pro. fighters on this board....
DCRage
3/11/08 2:35:09PM
I don't know if they're friends or anything like that, but my uncle and his wife live across the street from Nick Diaz.
odogg22
3/11/08 3:06:39PM
I know a few.

My brother-in-law Josh Neer

I know John Halverson, Houston Alexander, and Jeremy Stephens.

I used to fight like a few years ago. Me and Josh started around the same time. I had my son and gave up fighting.
rabbit915
3/11/08 3:50:58PM
I always hear about how there are pro fighters on this site and im very curious to know who they are. I understand why they dont want to come forward and want to have privacy but i would definately cheer for those guys if i know they were on here. I think it would be a great way to start a fan base.
grappler0000
3/11/08 3:51:41PM

Posted by odogg22

I know a few.

I used to fight like a few years ago. Me and Josh started around the same time. I had my son and gave up fighting.

Do you get your dental work done for free?
odogg22
3/11/08 4:10:03PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by odogg22

I know a few.

Do you get your dental work done for free?

NO but there is the funny thing is he came over to my house after he got the nick name the dentist he was gluing the kids teeth together and made a necklace out of it.
jiujitsufreak74
3/11/08 5:59:20PM
well its not MMA but i train with the current ISKA 172 lb Champion. that's Kickboxing btw. Cung Le is the the Champion in the class above my teacher and has thought about fighting him. his name is King Ken Hewski and he lives/trains here in Long Island. also i have talked to Marcus Davis although its limited contact.
BlazinSaddle
3/11/08 6:13:37PM
ive met quite a few mma fighters and trainers none of whom im related to but you could say im an aquantence of a few mma fighters, you know how most people are if they dont see you often they forget your face
pv3Hpv3p
3/11/08 6:19:08PM
I'm friends and work with Nick "The Goat" Thompson's dad... Had a chance to go play cards with them one night, but had to decline because I had a thing with this lady friend, ya know how it goes....
Mayhem13
3/11/08 10:16:00PM
I met Chuck Liddell once..thats about as close to knowing a Professional as I am.
d_block07
3/11/08 10:30:38PM
snuck into TUF 3 finale. took some shots with solomon hutcherson. and met a bunch of the other guys. thats bout it
Svartorm
3/12/08 3:53:47AM
I have Jason Godseys phone number, but never bothered to call him. Hes a friend of a friend.
telnights
3/12/08 4:51:06AM
My dad and Family is really good friends with Dan Severn. In fact I was at UFC 4 with my dad who was there to support his buddy Dan. That's what got me in to MMA and after the show I was hooked.

Also not a MMA fighter but a 2x freestyle wrestling olympic gold medalist John Smith who is my cousin's best friend. He taught me how to wrestle from 6 years old to my early teens and later was my head coach at OSU.
Rush
3/12/08 1:58:22PM
I have met a few famous fighters, but I wouldn't say I knew them or anything.

A close friend of mine was taking private lessons with Jeff Joslin for a while.

Other than that, I have no inlet to the MMA world.
murphy_16
3/12/08 7:02:37PM
ok one of those pro mma fighters is me George Sotiropoulos i just made up a different name
bls1919
3/12/08 9:23:00PM
When i was in high school i attended a Wrestleing camp that had Rotce Alger as the guest coach. He got his ass kicked in the early UFC. I am Alumnis with Josh koscheck. he was a junior at Edinboro when i enrolled. Watched him wtrestle a bunch. thats all i got
bls1919
3/12/08 9:27:02PM
My bad the guys name was royce alger and i also got to see Frankie edgar wrestle in colege. My home town is about half way between Edinboro and Clarion Univeristy9where edgar wrestled).