10 Reflections on July 19th

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » 10 Reflections on July 19th
ncordless
7/20/08 11:59:49AM
1. July 19th is the reason they make remote controls with a prev. channel/recall button.

2. Lil Nog looked pretty darn good against DeWees. I'd love to see a fight between him and Babalu.

3. Anderson Silva can put somebody on queer street with a short-armed right hand... he may well be unbeatable.

4. When Affliction showed Tim looking nervous in the locker room, and then showed Fedor playing cards I think we all knew who was going to win.

5. Fedor and Anderson are on a different level from the rest of MMA. GSP and Penn are close, but they aren't quite there.

6. I believe one of the major reasons for their dominance is their mindset. There is no "getting psyched" to their game. The best way to describe both fighters is "cold-blooded." That is their similarity, and why they are the best.

7. Brandon Vera at 205lb. is HUGE!

8. Arlovski looked the best I've seen him in ages.

9. Barnett has got some fight left in him. Either he or AA vs. Fedor is a fight I want to see, almost moreso than Randy.

10. The fight I really want to see is Anderson vs. Fedor. The size difference is less than that of Fedor v. Sylvia, and this would definitely be "The Greatest Fight in MMA History."
loonytnt
7/20/08 12:20:58PM
i beat if you told BJ he is not on the same lvl as Fedor and Anderson he would tell you that he would fight both at the same time.. BJ GSP are at the same lvl, they are both champs come on that wrong to say, give me anderson and gsp
Mastodon2
7/20/08 1:04:03PM
Fedor is on a level above Anderson. Anderson still hasnt blown me away like he has with everyone else, sure he looks amazing but he has suffered embaressing losses in the past to the likes of Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan, and managed to get himself DQ'd against Okami, and his best wins have come from a weak-ish UFC MW division. Fedor just doesnt have those blemishes on his record, and has consistently hammered the top competition.

After July 19th I just don't care about seeing Randy vs Fedor anymore, there is just no point. I already knew that Fedor was better, but Affliction just reinforced my view that Fedor would absolutely destroy Randy. Actually, it might be nice to see, I love seeing Fedor wipe the floor with people. Right now, only Barnett can really challenge Fedor imo.
mrsmiley
7/20/08 1:16:24PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Fedor is on a level above Anderson. Anderson still hasnt blown me away like he has with everyone else, sure he looks amazing but he has suffered embaressing losses in the past to the likes of Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan, and managed to get himself DQ'd against Okami, and his best wins have come from a weak-ish UFC MW division. Fedor just doesnt have those blemishes on his record, and has consistently hammered the top competition.

After July 19th I just don't care about seeing Randy vs Fedor anymore, there is just no point. I already knew that Fedor was better, but Affliction just reinforced my view that Fedor would absolutely destroy Randy. Actually, it might be nice to see, I love seeing Fedor wipe the floor with people. Right now, only Barnett can really challenge Fedor imo.

I agree.

Though Silva and Fedor would be great to see,I can't help but wonder if Anderson is just the latest "fad" fighter that everyone wants to see fight Fedor.
Not saying anything bad about Anderson,because the guy has paid his dues,but the arguement has always been Opponent X VS Fedor.The one name that has always been consistant in the P4P war is Fedor.

Remember when it was Fedor VS Nog to deterimine who was best?
Then Fedor VS Wanderlei
Then Fedor VS CC.
Then Fedor VS AA.
Fedor VS Barnett
Then Fedor VS Randy,etc.
Fedors name is always their.
The_hungry_lumberjack
7/20/08 1:26:19PM
Anderson Silva Vs Wanderlei Silva

I want that fight just to hear Joe Rogan Struggle to keep their names straight all fight
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/20/08 2:25:41PM
5. Fedor and Anderson are on a different level from the rest of MMA. GSP and Penn are close, but they aren't quite there.
scoozna
7/20/08 2:30:28PM

Posted by ncordless

4. When Affliction showed Tim looking nervous in the locker room, and then showed Fedor playing cards I think we all knew who was going to win.

I couldn't agree more. LOL.
wolfman
7/20/08 2:43:38PM
Good post ncordless.
tylerlee123
7/20/08 7:37:19PM
Yea Arlovski and Belfort looked good, Anderson and Fedor are definately crazy I think Anderson will be defeated before Fedor