Refined my workout opinions please

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Refined my workout opinions please
blb8698
9/20/09 1:56:16PM
Ok so I have been trying to figure outa good routine and this is what I think I'm gonna start tonight let me know what you think.

10-1's
push ups
squats
crunches
dips

6"leg raises hold for a min (I'm shooting for 10 )
Back against the wall sit postion hold for a min (Can't think of the name of these off hand but shooting for 10 also)

The next is with a barbell with no weight on it

8 Bent over rows
8 upright rows
8 military press
8 good morning
8 lunges (each leg)
8 squat push press
8 deadlift

Let me know what yous think. I'm going to try to do this every other day. Daily I use an elliptical for a half hour a day on the pyramid program. It starts on level 2 then goes up every 2 mins to level 8 then down to level 4 back to 8 and down to 2 again. I also usually walk around 3 miles a day as well with my 15 month old son.
RyanC
9/20/09 2:14:02PM
Your barbell workout is very similar to some of the routines Bruce Lee used. I must say be very careful with the good mornings, and I would recommend not adding weight to the barbell. Bruce Lee seriously injured his back doing that exercise while using too much weight and it bothered him the rest of his life. He said all you need is the bar. You don't need to add weight.
blb8698
9/20/09 2:24:48PM
Alright thanks for the heads up. I don't plan on adding any weight I'm really not a weights guy. I'd rather do all body weight stuff. Maybe I'll just say way from the good mornings altogether. I'd rather not take the chance.
RyanC
9/20/09 2:32:17PM

Posted by blb8698

Alright thanks for the heads up. I don't plan on adding any weight I'm really not a weights guy. I'd rather do all body weight stuff. Maybe I'll just say way from the good mornings altogether. I'd rather not take the chance.

Might not be a bad idea. That story always scared me away from those.
jae_1833
9/20/09 2:58:43PM
It's a good excercise for the lower back but it must be done very carefully. Slow and with strict form. Not stiff at all. Try them without the bar at all, just hold your hands out to the side and perform the movement. This will stretch out your lower back muscles as well and may just prevent an injury.
blb8698
9/20/09 4:03:16PM
yeah ill just stay away from them. I don't want to take any chances of messing my back up. My training starts in October so I'm just trying to get a good routine down that I can do up till then. Then I'll probably do it on the days where I have a day to recover.
postman
9/20/09 8:56:34PM
Randy Couture work out I c
blb8698
9/20/09 9:08:23PM
yeah I just did it all together took about 30 min. See how I feel tomorrow I'm thinking maybe the 10-1's upping to 15.