Referees are being to cautious

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Referees are being to cautious
Taylor8766
6/10/08 6:35:42PM
Okay i'm sure alot of you seen UFC 85 on saturday, and the BS that was going on, first the Vera-Werdum fight, are you kidding me how can the ref stop that if Vera was defending himself perfectly and waiting for the round to end, I mean he wasn't even taking any good punches, its just like Vera said "Let me take that little bit of ass whopping, till the end of the round". Then the Marquart-Leites fight, deducting 2 points. OK I can see the point deduction for the knee to a downed opponent but, when he called shots to the back of the head, when they were clearly strikes to the side of the head, come on. And because I havent been on, for a while, did anyone see the Kimbo-Thompson fight, Kimbo was getting tooled and the ref stopped the fight when Kimbo started to land some good shots, COME ON when Thompson was hitting Kimbo like that where was the stop there, and not to mention as soon as the fight was stopped Thompson was just fine, these refs need to take a look at the old days. Ya I understand that the need to put health before risk, but come on when the guy is intelligently defeneding himself, or not hurt, or give them at least a warning, for a so called hit to the back of the head, the fight should not be stopped.
Styles
6/10/08 6:49:48PM
I also seen the part where marquardt got away with piledriving an opponent.

Their are numerous threads on this same subject. A refs opinion on the fight is his own, he is the one standing in octogon with these guys and he has the best line of view. Sometimes calls go wrong, but what do you expect... a ref to be perfect everytime? Wait, maybe we can get instant reply and challenge flags.

Let the shit go for christ sakes already, quit whinning.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/10/08 6:59:24PM

Posted by Styles

Let the shit go for christ sakes already, quit whinning.

zephead
6/10/08 7:07:54PM
Please read the website rules BEFORE you post.

Website rule #2:

Blatant performer bashing (fighters, refs, etc) will not be tolerated. Stating your opinion in a factual, non-profane manner is acceptable. Example: "I don't really like [fighter name]", "I don't agree with the that [referee name] made", etc. Flaming/libel is not acceptable. Example: "[Fighter name] is an utter piece of crap", "F*** [fight promoter]! He/She is a walking turd!", etc.
casey64
6/10/08 7:20:42PM
There has been like what 2 billion posts about this just let it go, it's over its not like whinning is gonna change anything!
Raykill
6/10/08 7:32:57PM

Posted by casey64

There has been like what 2 billion posts about this just let it go, it's over its not like whinning is gonna change anything!

And I am not just post trolling here either. I read a lot of what’s posted and this is one that just needs to stop. We all hate when a fighter we like seems to get a bum deal at the hands of a ref, but really his job is to make sure the fighter doesn’t get seriously injured during the fight. The fact is this, fight hard or get the fight stopped....
dannyfrank
6/10/08 7:51:23PM
i'm especially sick of all the talk about the kimbo fight. people need to give it a rest here. these topics are really getting old