This ref needs to be banned from mma for life

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » This ref needs to be banned from mma for life
Lungsofsteel
8/2/12 7:00:17PM
"Fighter goes to sleep at end of round. Then comes back with TKO win in next round"

VIDEO
frizzzlecake
8/2/12 7:40:19PM
Welcome to the site Brodda, but if you want me to watch a youtube click, please don't make me copy and paste it in a tab, this is just to much work.

Next time put the link in the "Insert Web Link" and it will pull up automatically.
infestructure
8/2/12 7:56:40PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Welcome to the site Brodda, but if you want me to watch a youtube click, please don't make me copy and paste it in a tab, this is just to much work.

Next time put the link in the "Insert Web Link" and it will pull up automatically.

Like this
hymiekooken
8/2/12 8:23:24PM
Oh hell no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end of the first round was the end of that fight, that ref never needs to ref another fight again, dude was out cold
pmoney
8/2/12 8:56:52PM

Posted by hymiekooken

Oh hell no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end of the first round was the end of that fight, that ref never needs to ref another fight again, dude was out cold

Well if the dude was able to come back and win, I guess the ref did the right thing! I see no difference between this and Kongo-Barry.

Sorry, in all honesty that is mortifying. Dude definitely needs a permanent ban from ref'ing, not just in MMA but all sports.
Lungsofsteel
8/2/12 9:02:53PM
thanks cake srry im still a bit of a noob lol
Lungsofsteel
8/2/12 9:31:41PM
btw i saw this on mmahq.net
tcunningham
8/2/12 11:39:25PM
that ref needs to be reprimanded. he DID NOT do the right thing by letting the guy keep fighting even though he won. that fighter and ref got lucky. a training parter/friend got choked out in his last fight and its very hard and scary to watch your friend go unconscious because you dont know if the ref is going to stop it in time.
telnights
8/3/12 12:39:56AM
There is more than few people that made a huge mistake here.

1. It looks like he taps before going out and the Ref didn't stop it. "We will give him this one because it could have been strikes"
2. The Ref didn't call the fight when it was clear the fighter is out.
3. The doctors let this fight go on even after the fighter was clearly out.
4. The fighter that was out and his corner let the fight go another round and threw their fighters safety out the window.
5. The fighter that really won this fight and his corner didn't step up and say something. They won the fight and if not for that reason alone what about the other fighters safety.
6. The promotion for letting this fight go on.
7. EVERYONE there for not standing up and saying something.
prophecy033
8/3/12 12:54:47AM
The guy was even convulsing right in front of the ref. Not happy seeing this at all. What athletic commission was overseeing this event?
FlashyG
8/3/12 1:17:28AM
It was the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission I assume.

I've been trying to think of a reason the Ref could have possibly not stopped that fight and the best I can come up with is that he thought he went out after the round ended. (Which is clearly not what actually happened)

Even if that was the case though the fight still should have been stopped and the fighter disqualified for choking his opponent out after the bell.

Failure all around on that one and even though it was an amateur fight, I hope its overturned.
frizzzlecake
8/3/12 3:03:25AM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

thanks cake srry im still a bit of a noob lol

No problem
scoozna
8/3/12 9:58:32AM
Wow...unbelievable. I think Telnights covered all the ways this was bad - i can't believe the corner let him go back out for another round.
Bubbles
8/4/12 12:28:23AM

Posted by telnights

There is more than few people that made a huge mistake here.

1. It looks like he taps before going out and the Ref didn't stop it. "We will give him this one because it could have been strikes"
2. The Ref didn't call the fight when it was clear the fighter is out.
3. The doctors let this fight go on even after the fighter was clearly out.
4. The fighter that was out and his corner let the fight go another round and threw their fighters safety out the window.
5. The fighter that really won this fight and his corner didn't step up and say something. They won the fight and if not for that reason alone what about the other fighters safety.
6. The promotion for letting this fight go on.
7. EVERYONE there for not standing up and saying something.

it looked more like strikes to me than a tap, as generally when someone taps its short quick motions, but other than that this was disgusting
Aether
8/4/12 11:15:12AM
Aren't they going to revive the other guy and do round 3? What kind of sport is this?
hymiekooken
8/4/12 11:38:42AM

Posted by Aether

Aren't they going to revive the other guy and do round 3? What kind of sport is this?

Get up !!!!!! I said get your ass up !!!!!!!!!! This fight is scheduled for 3 rounds !!!!!!!!
aussiemma
8/5/12 2:41:44AM
look for other bad ref decisions on youtube, there are some ones where a guy is tapping for about 10 seconds then goes out and stays in the choke for another 15 seconds before ref even notices....and he was standing right there !
Lungsofsteel
8/12/12 8:40:35PM
damn tyone mims accident now...
Kpro
8/12/12 11:40:43PM
It won't be overturned because they didn't show up to the hearing that was scheduled, and apparently the guy that lost (should've won) hasn't been back to the gym since the fight. Saw an article earlier that said both of those things.

#8 for your list Tel is that only 60 seconds is allowed between rounds unless the AC specifically makes an exception and that was about 100 seconds.

I don't fault the doctors for saying he was ok to continue. On a blood choke held for that short and someone recovers consciousness that quickly, by the start of the next round he'd have normal oxygen in the brain tissue and unless he had impaired vision, motor skills, slurred speech, etc. the medical staff was right in saying he was fine to continue, so I don't blame them at all.

The ref needs to do his job and make the executive decision when a round ends, the guy does what could've been a tap, and then goes unconscious. As a ref you need to determine right there that the fight is over as you deem one fighter unfit to continue the moment you see him out. Instead they allowed almost two minutes between rounds, he deferred to the medical staff, who by this point were right that he was fit to continue. He didn't know how to take the situation into his own hands, and the AC is to blame also for allowing that long between rounds.

It's just pathetic that the state is now looking to make a rule to the effect that if you're out between rounds, the fight is over. That should be basic logic for a ref.
KungFuMaster
8/13/12 1:26:49PM
I say we stone this ref until he is unconscious and when he regains consciousness, we'll ask him, "Hey man, are you OK? Can you continue?"