Recent Yahoo! Sports Brock Lesnar interview about "Respect"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Recent Yahoo! Sports Brock Lesnar interview about "Respect"
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/9/09 2:23:31PM
UUUUHHHHH I'm having trouble understanding what he's trying to accomplish. Here it is folks...belive it or not... your not in WWE anymore buddy

I didn’t have any respect for Randy [Couture], I didn’t have any respect for Heath [Herring], I don’t have any respect for Frank.

Link

Full Article
MisterFreeze
7/9/09 3:13:09PM
This is obviously a fake interview.
Someone is just trying to slander Brock.

Why do you believe everything you read? Just because someone says Brock said it, and because they put a picture of Brock above the supposed quote, it means Brock actually said it? I don't think so.
Show me a video of those words coming straight out of his mouth and i'll believe it.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/9/09 3:14:20PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

both MMAmania and Yahoo! Sports posted it... Chances of it being fake are slim to none. sorry dude
MisterFreeze
7/9/09 3:16:31PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by MisterFreeze

both MMAmania and Yahoo! Sports posted it... Chances of it being fake are none. sorry dude

Oh right, Chances of it being fake are none... because you said so.

It's Fake. Get over it. Brock is a much more humble guy than this and has admitted respect for his opponents in the past. Why would he change stories now?
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/9/09 3:18:51PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

It's Fake. Get over it. Brock is a much more humble guy than this and has admitted respect for his opponents in the past. Why would he change stories now?

So it's fake cause you say it's fake?
MisterFreeze
7/9/09 3:21:05PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by MisterFreeze

both MMAmania and Yahoo! Sports posted it... Chances of it being fake are none. sorry dude

No it's fake because it contradicts statements Brock has made in the past.
Plus it's classic fake interview material. The whole article was designed to slander Brock. There was absolutely no proof Brock said it.
Anyone could have written that and claimed it came from Brock.
If you find a video of Brock saying it, then I'll believe it.
cowcatcher
7/9/09 3:22:06PM
its been posted on 2 different reputable sites, i dont see anything that would lead me to believe its fake.
scoozna
7/9/09 3:23:59PM
I don't know about the article but he said pretty much the same thing in the UFC 100 countdown show on Spike, he used pretty much the same language.

Brock is not the most intellectually gifted fighter out there, clearly he has an idea he's trying to express, but I don't think he's doing it very well.

If I had to guess, he's probably trying to say that he goes into each fight looking at the opponent as an enemy to do battle with, rather than some mushy-eastern-respect-the-warrior-in-him-and-you-respect-yourself approach.

lohmann
7/9/09 3:25:07PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by MisterFreeze

No it's fake because it contradicts statements Brock has made in the past.
Plus it's classic fake interview material. The whole article was designed to slander Brock. There was absolutely no proof Brock said it.
Anyone could have written that and claimed it came from Brock.
If you find a video of Brock saying it, then I'll believe it.

The person who put it up is a journalist. The chances he's publishing fake articles on a real news site are slim to none, since using quotations pulled from Lesnar could cost him a job (and more).

My anti-Lesnar biases are enhanced every time the guy speaks.
emfleek
7/9/09 3:29:14PM

Posted by scoozna

I don't know about the article but he said pretty much the same thing in the UFC 100 countdown show on Spike, he used pretty much the same language.

Exactly. He said "I've never respected an opponent" on the Countdown.

Loosen the grip on his nuts, bro!

grappler0000
7/9/09 3:50:18PM
What happens every time a news source quotes a fighter with one sentence? This happens. This is taken completely out of context. There is a reason why there is only one sentence...because it's more newsworthy that way.

It's not a literal statement...it's just the mindset that he's in when he goes into a fight. It's no different than when Nick Diaz says he hates his opponent before a fight, because there's plenty of time for respect after the fight. It's just the mind-set that some fighters put themselves in leading up to a fight.

postman
7/9/09 3:50:19PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

Exactly. He said "I've never respected an opponent" on the Countdown.

Loosen the grip on his nuts, bro!

Yeah you guys beat me the video proof will be run on spike every night till the fight
zephead
7/9/09 5:00:54PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Why do you believe everything you read? Just because someone says Brock said it, and because they put a picture of Brock above the supposed quote, it means Brock actually said it? I don't think so.
Show me a video of those words coming straight out of his mouth and i'll believe it.

Spike was running the UFC 100 show and he said it on there. It wasn't dubbed. Brock says he has no respect for anyone he's fighting
crushedbacon
7/9/09 5:58:28PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

6:50-7:05......I dunno not the kinda thing I dig, but I guess dumb people need role models too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knDAfAUGb3c
wrona666
7/9/09 7:06:57PM
Did anyone on here watch the countdown he said those exact words...."I had no respect for Randy Couture".........Game over........
RNC
7/9/09 11:47:32PM
Yeah Misterfreeze clearly didn't catch the UFC 100 countdown. I'm suprised that he hasn't seen it either, for somebody on Brock's nuts so hard I'm shocked that he missed it.
DougPretty
7/10/09 12:02:32AM
When I saw him say that he had no respect on the countdown show, it seemed to me like he meant that he didn't come into fights overly respecting his opponents to inhibit his behavior, i.e. GSP Vs. Hughes first fight.

That's how it came across to me.
RNC
7/10/09 3:08:25AM

Posted by DougPretty

When I saw him say that he had no respect on the countdown show, it seemed to me like he meant that he didn't come into fights overly respecting his opponents to inhibit his behavior, i.e. GSP Vs. Hughes first fight.

That's how it came across to me.

No, he really doesn't have an ounce of respect for them. I just watched the UFC 100 press conference and he said it again there, except this time he went into further detail. Brock said he has zero respect for his opponents because in the past when he has respected his opponents he hasn't performed as well. This goes back to his wrestling days.
tmas
7/10/09 1:43:03PM
i have SEEN Brock interviews many times, and he has said he has a tremendous amount of respect for Mir, Coture, other fighters etc.....i think he was trying to express that he doesnt respect the fighter when its time to fight.
MisterFreeze
7/10/09 4:46:22PM

Posted by RNC

Yeah Misterfreeze clearly didn't catch the UFC 100 countdown. I'm suprised that he hasn't seen it either, for somebody on Brock's nuts so hard I'm shocked that he missed it.

Ok Ok, I know how to Admit when i'm wrong!
You guys got me. He said it on video.
And RNC, i'm not really on Brocks nuts that hard, I was just trying to point out that people shouldn't believe everything they read.
I said I would believe it with video proof and you guys presented that to me. Fair enough!
CwB
7/10/09 6:33:17PM

Posted by tmas

i have SEEN Brock interviews many times, and he has said he has a tremendous amount of respect for Mir, Coture, other fighters etc.....i think he was trying to express that he doesnt respect the fighter when its time to fight.

There is video proof of him saying otherwise can you show me proof of him saying how much respect he has for mir and couture

i cant remember ever reading or hearing brock say any thing like that just asking to see the article/video
scoozna
7/13/09 9:44:29AM
How many of you thought of this thread when Lesnar acted like a d*** after UFC100?

...lol..I know he apologized, but I'm quite certain we'll be having this lack-of-respect discussion again in the near future.
emfleek
7/13/09 9:46:50AM

Posted by scoozna

...lol..I know he apologized, but I'm quite certain we'll be having this lack-of-respect discussion again in the near future.

I immediately thought ot his.

But...his apology means jack in my book. He only apologized because he was told to do so. At the same time...I'm okay with what he did. It'll just make it that much sweeter when he does get beat.