Reason Kit tested positive for Roids wasnt his fault.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Reason Kit tested positive for Roids wasnt his fault.
www-WeLoan-us
2/1/07 8:31:23AM
My take on Kit is that it’s a drag… he took a shot 13 months ago apparently however his doctor is hesitant to testify for him for fear of repercussions. He had huge surgery on his sholder and doctors told him to take it to help recovery. He never thought it would be in his system for so long. Those are tough breaks, but lets get the facts before we judge someone. You cant hold it against Kit that he took the shot to help him heal faster not to cheat..

roadking95th
2/1/07 2:10:55PM
If that is true, it is a shame. That's what Kimo's defense is too. He took a shot for his surgery and thought the steriod would be long gone. I don't know much about them, but is there any research on roids staying some peoples systems much longer than others?
allevil86
2/1/07 3:57:18PM
It's like any thing else it just depends on the persons body
--Hinch--
2/2/07 8:07:19AM

Posted by allevil86

No offense, but it is to be expected for a default excuse to come up.

It's much like Vitor's doping due to 'over the counter' supplements, or Nastula possibly getting it while recovering from an injury.

If you don't know what's goping into your body, don't do it. Common sense is free...
the-james
2/2/07 3:55:13PM
Does it matter i dont think Kit sould fight mma anymore, he sould stick to muay thai and being on tv shows
JoeMimic
2/2/07 6:23:54PM
I like Kit but I think he needs either some extensive work in the gym on his MMA game or he needs to compete in something else. He just hasn't shown the necessary skills to compete in the sport of mixed martial arts.
roadking95th
2/3/07 6:45:10PM

Posted by --Hinch--

Posted by allevil86

No offense, but it is to be expected for a default excuse to come up.

It's much like Vitor's doping due to 'over the counter' supplements, or Nastula possibly getting it while recovering from an injury.

If you don't know what's goping into your body, don't do it. Common sense is free...

Cope knew what was going in his body, at least according to his story. Anyhow, common sense is free, but judging by your avatar, it is not common.
madmarck
2/4/07 4:28:21PM

Posted by allevil86

For Real? Most people (like myself) dont know a whole lot about roids. I thought you could cycle off them. Therefore i assumed if a fighter had a surgery a long time b4 they fought that they be out of their systems.

By they way if a fighter takes a banned substance to recover from a injury........They are still taking a banned substance are they not? So if Kit Cope admitted to taking the roids one way or another shouldnt he still face the consequences???? Im not blaming Cope, nor do i hate fighters who take Roids. I actually like Cope. He just has some hard times in MMA. His Muay
Thai is pretty good but i think he needs to work on his ground game.....extensively. Maybe Him and Frank Mir could get toghether and trade skills??
bayonetxwork
2/4/07 6:01:19PM
It's %100 his fault. Call me harsh but he knows whats legal and not. He was under contract(or atleast knew he'd be getting a fight soon.), and knew when he fought he'd probably get tested...especially for a title bout.

BTW, all steroids help you "heal" faster in a way. And that is cheating. Steroids expand the possibility of muscle growth during hypertrophy, by healing the muscles faster. So yeah, thats still "cheating."
SteedTheDeed
2/5/07 11:56:53PM
they all have excuses
www-WeLoan-us
2/6/07 2:18:33AM
your brutal ...lighten up on the guy LOL...
Tha1
2/7/07 6:27:47PM
just remember, the people who DON'T juice are in the minority. its just that most of them dont get caught. the NSAC drug testing is a joke, you know exactly when you are going to be tested... that is fight day. whether it is random or mandatory doesn't matter, if you have knowledge of when the test is you can cycle off, mask it, etc. this shit also goes on in other sports and the nccaa with someone leaking info to the athletes of test dates. if people want to juice thats their business, personally i like watching freaks smash each other's faces in, its great entertainment.
Snacks
2/8/07 2:28:27AM
Too bad for Cope there's no roid that will increase his shitastic jiu jitsu.
bayonetxwork
2/8/07 2:53:01PM

Posted by Snacks

lmao, yeah, i like the guy, but he needs to get serious before he decides to compete in mma again. either stick to mt, or wait until he has white belt skills on the ground, haha.
madmarck
2/8/07 3:07:48PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Snacks

lmao, yeah, i like the guy, but he needs to get serious before he decides to compete in mma again. either stick to mt, or wait until he has white belt skills on the ground, haha.

Samer here. The guy is very likeable. But the way he loses are just riduclous. I got his KOTC fight ona DVD and he said he didnt train and Ground game at all for that fight. His plan was to jusst remember some highschool wrestling. He got whooped on the ground by another striker.
Snacks
2/8/07 10:43:28PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Snacks

Samer here. The guy is very likeable. But the way he loses are just riduclous. I got his KOTC fight ona DVD and he said he didnt train and Ground game at all for that fight. His plan was to jusst remember some highschool wrestling. He got whooped on the ground by another striker.

God, I keep thinking props is the quote button... lame.

Anyway, I don't think Cope is likeable at all. He comes off very arrogant and it's that good of a fighter, 2 things that when combined don't make for a likeable fighter.
hypocalking
2/11/07 1:44:07PM

Posted by roadking95th

If that is true, it is a shame. That's what Kimo's defense is too. He took a shot for his surgery and thought the steriod would be long gone. I don't know much about them, but is there any research on roids staying some peoples systems much longer than others?

Didn't Kimo test positive for like four different banned substanceS?????
jocksmall
2/11/07 5:49:55PM
that may be true but when have you ever heard a guy who tested positivesay: you caught me i was trying to get an edge illegally.
never, they always say they didnt know or a doctor gave to them for this reason or that reason.
it may be that kit is telling the truth but if he did use it more recently not for an injury he would say the same thing.
SteedTheDeed
2/27/07 5:40:42PM
its never their fault