The reason Fedor hasnt arrived at UFC yet?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The reason Fedor hasnt arrived at UFC yet?
tomp6581
6/18/07 12:47:15PM
http://www.mixfight.ru/en.html

Perhaps Zuffa don’t want him associated with any other MMA brand at all?
Mayo
6/18/07 1:17:24PM
That is correct. Zuffa only deals with exclusive contracts. Welcome to the monopoly!
Zuffa is the Microsoft of MMA!
nubby
6/18/07 1:49:54PM

Posted by Mayo

That is correct. Zuffa only deals with exclusive contracts. Welcome to the monopoly!

It's only a monopoly when you have no alternatives. There are plenty of alternatives, and no one wants to watch them.
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 2:20:36PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Mayo

It's only a monopoly when you have no alternatives. There are plenty of alternatives, and no one wants to watch them.

I'll be watching on Friday for sure!
Mayo
6/18/07 2:38:42PM

Posted by nubby

Kind of like Microsoft, there are plenty of alternatives, and no one wants them.

I agree, however no one wants to watch the other orgs because their fighters aren't as good because the pay isn't as good because the orgs can't compete with Zuffa.

It's a catch22 because I love seeing the "cross-org" (UFC/Pride) fights now, but at the same time, fighters like CroCop, Werdum, etc. will soon disappear because there is not much room at the top of the UFC ranks.
Kastro
6/18/07 2:55:04PM

Posted by Mayo

Posted by nubby

Kind of like Microsoft, there are plenty of alternatives, and no one wants them.

I agree, however no one wants to watch the other orgs because their fighters aren't as good because the pay isn't as good because the orgs can't compete with Zuffa.

It's a catch22 because I love seeing the "cross-org" (UFC/Pride) fights now, but at the same time, fighters like CroCop, Werdum, etc. will soon disappear because there is not much room at the top of the UFC ranks.

People like CroCop and Werdum will disappear? I strongly disagree with that..

CroCop may have lost to Gonzaga but he is still in the top 5 HW rankings, he will always be one of the best, and he is a huge asset to any MMA organization.

Werdum lost to Arlovski, but he has been in there with some of the top guys, he is young, and he hasn't even reached his prime yet, if he was someone thats not going somewhere then the UFC would not habe acquired him.
Mayo
6/18/07 3:57:58PM
I have a feeling that CroCop will never get a UFC belt.... there are too many smarter and more well rounded fighters out there these days.
johny_rotten
6/18/07 4:39:54PM

Posted by Mayo

I don't know if that is a monoply. It is just good business. There are so many negatives to letting a fighter compete in another organazation. Not just that the other org can gain acceptance because it has a UFC fighter, but injuries, scheduleing conflicts, and jepordizing the brand(if a champion lost durring a competitor broadcast.) Pride got screwed in their last show because Fedor was fighting for Bodog. Pride 34 was supposed to boast Fedor vs Barnett as the main event, but since Pride didn't have him in an exclusive deal, Pride 34's main event was Monson vs Fujita.
Mayo
6/18/07 5:26:08PM
Very good point
warglory
6/19/07 1:43:21AM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Mayo

I don't know if that is a monoply. It is just good business. There are so many negatives to letting a fighter compete in another organazation. Not just that the other org can gain acceptance because it has a UFC fighter, but injuries, scheduleing conflicts, and jepordizing the brand(if a champion lost durring a competitor broadcast.) Pride got screwed in their last show because Fedor was fighting for Bodog. Pride 34 was supposed to boast Fedor vs Barnett as the main event, but since Pride didn't have him in an exclusive deal, Pride 34's main event was Monson vs Fujita.

Case closed, we can go ahead and end this thread now.
ac_gi
6/19/07 1:51:23AM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Mayo

Props to you.