This is the reason why I don't like Sherdoggers...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » This is the reason why I don't like Sherdoggers...
warglory
10/24/10 1:14:42PM
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/lesnar-no-heart-cant-take-hit-interesting-article-1402499/

Firstly, the article is blatant fighter bashing from a keyboard warrior, and secondly, all the twerps replying to the article are just as bad, if not worse. Saying Brock Lesnar has no heart is one of the most disrespectful things I have read/heard in a long time watching MMA. If Brock had won last night, he would have been the fighter with the longest hw reign in UFC history, but now all of a sudden, he is a noob with no heart. This goes beyond being a fickle mma fan...
BlueSkiesBurn
10/24/10 1:32:01PM

Posted by warglory

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/lesnar-no-heart-cant-take-hit-interesting-article-1402499/

Firstly, the article is blatant fighter bashing from a keyboard warrior, and secondly, all the twerps replying to the article are just as bad, if not worse. Saying Brock Lesnar has no heart is one of the most disrespectful things I have read/heard in a long time watching MMA. If Brock had won last night, he would have been the fighter with the longest hw reign in UFC history, but now all of a sudden, he is a noob with no heart. This goes beyond being a fickle mma fan...

All I can say is thank god we have a heavily moderated forum. Some of those posts weren't so bad, but I stopped reading after about 4 pages as they got more and more absurd.
warglory
10/24/10 1:35:07PM
The funny thing is, I was happy to see Brock lose, I think Cain will be a much greater champion. However, the amount of disrespect Brock is getting is laughable. The dude clearly earned the right to be the best heavyweight in the world.
king_katool
10/24/10 2:11:09PM
I didn't click the link, can't be bothered with loldog, lesnar has heart but yea he sure doesn't like getting hit
KingCmb
10/24/10 3:04:37PM
i didnt read it but for alot of you guys saying how much heart lesnar has i disagree. its almost as fickle as calling a noob he at least to me he has show a lack of heart. but im not bashing the guy ya he can recover like in the carwin fight but to me heart is the abilty to eat a shot and keep moving forward not breaking mentally. lesnar has ran away in two consecutive fights now. if carwin was able to keep the assault coming brock would have broke but shane couldnt brock won and deserves the credit for it but had he lost then hed be getting the old kalib starnes jokes thrown around. so i do question brocks heart as i question mirs and im a huge mir fan both mens skill is undeniable but they dont fight back when pushed up against a wall they just curl up and hope for the best.
Jackelope
10/24/10 3:12:57PM

Posted by the-king

i didnt read it but for alot of you guys saying how much heart lesnar has i disagree. its almost as fickle as calling a noob he at least to me he has show a lack of heart. but im not bashing the guy ya he can recover like in the carwin fight but to me heart is the abilty to eat a shot and keep moving forward not breaking mentally. lesnar has ran away in two consecutive fights now. if carwin was able to keep the assault coming brock would have broke but shane couldnt brock won and deserves the credit for it but had he lost then hed be getting the old kalib starnes jokes thrown around. so i do question brocks heart as i question mirs and im a huge mir fan both mens skill is undeniable but they dont fight back when pushed up against a wall they just curl up and hope for the best.

There is a HUGE difference between not having heart and not being able to take a shot. Taking a shot is an acquired skill. Having heart is something you either have or don't have. What Brock lacks is the ability to take a shot because he's inexperienced. The guy has only been getting hit, and by top athletes mind you, for around 3 years. Most guys at his level have been getting hit for at least 5 years by the time they are fighting for titles.

Brock more than proved he has heart in his fight against Carwin. He more than proved he has heart when he came back from an awful illness and defended his title within 6 months. He more than proved he has heart when he took ANOTHER fight in 3 months after that. I mean come on....

For the record I'm not his biggest fan at all, but to say Brock doesn't have heart is absolutely absurd. Can he take a shot? No way. But does he have heart? Hell yes.
KingCmb
10/24/10 3:20:18PM
im really not attacking the him or you but i just think he took a few shots and its not like hes been getting chuck lidell knocked out cold he just seems to me like he doesnt have the in fight heart in forrest griffins book he said everyone has the "oh **** lever" and its either pulled to fight or flight and when tagged with a punch ....not a disease or virus or w,e it was he tends to go flight im sure experience will help i agree with you but its not a chin problem carwin cain randy mir they all hit him with a huge shot at least once and the lights never went off but when the punches accumulated in the cain and carwin fight he didnt react by defending for a moment to get back and keep fighting he defended to survive imo
FlashyG
10/24/10 3:22:11PM
I expect that kind of stuff on Sherdog but sadly that was written by Jonathan Snowden of BloodyElbow. I expected more from them.

Link to original article
Chael_Sonnen
10/24/10 4:28:20PM
I loathe Sherdog.
Jackelope
10/24/10 5:32:36PM

Posted by the-king

im really not attacking the him or you but i just think he took a few shots and its not like hes been getting chuck lidell knocked out cold he just seems to me like he doesnt have the in fight heart in forrest griffins book he said everyone has the "oh **** lever" and its either pulled to fight or flight and when tagged with a punch ....not a disease or virus or w,e it was he tends to go flight im sure experience will help i agree with you but its not a chin problem carwin cain randy mir they all hit him with a huge shot at least once and the lights never went off but when the punches accumulated in the cain and carwin fight he didnt react by defending for a moment to get back and keep fighting he defended to survive imo

Well, I suppose that's fair enough. At least you've got a reason for believing what you believe and I can respect that.

I just think people underestimate what learning how to take a hit is all about. Brock has a bit of a problem where he's always the bully and so he's not really used to getting tagged IMO. On top of the fact that he's only been training for such a short period of time I think the problem is just exacerbated by all these factors.

Anyways I still personally stand firm in saying that if you think Brock doesn't have heart you're selling him way short of what he deserves
postman
10/24/10 5:46:59PM
Could you imagine the love there would be for Brock had he not been a pro wrestler!
mrsmiley
10/24/10 7:50:00PM
Cane just had a better pedigree of composuret han Brock.
Lesnar came out strong but he lacked the composure and discipline that Cane showed and he paid the price for it in the end.
brock has a fighters heart. Sure you can bring up the transistion from wrestling to football then to MMA and it's a very valid point.
But Brock has accomplished a lot in a very short time and in that short time I believe their where probably a lot of hard learned lessons he missed out on that other fighters picked up on and learned from.
bojangalz
10/24/10 9:12:58PM
Kind of hard for someone to accuse Brock of not having a heart when he spent better than three minutes under some of the most vicious GnP in recent history against Carwin only to come back and win it in the next round.

jae_1833
10/24/10 10:35:13PM
I love Sherdog for the stats, but the articles are usually behind other sites, are heavily opinionated and they support what I have to consider as one of the worst MMA Forums out there. Brock showed a lot of heart and toughness IMO...I will be hard pressed to find another fighter out there to come back from a beating like the one Shane dished out followed by the beating it took to KO him by Cain in any other fighter of recent history.
ChokeUout
10/25/10 3:17:43AM
Sherdog's Forums have their purpose...immature, irrational, unintelligent rantings between ambitionless sherdog trolls always cracks me up....

When i'm really bored and need quick, cheap entertainment, The Sherdog Forums provide the best unintentional comedy ever. I don't even have an account there, but to see some of the idiotic posts on there that aren't allowed on this site kinda make you appreciate the playground!
MisterFreeze
10/25/10 11:24:15AM

Posted by Jackelope

There is a HUGE difference between not having heart and not being able to take a shot. Taking a shot is an acquired skill. Having heart is something you either have or don't have. What Brock lacks is the ability to take a shot because he's inexperienced. The guy has only been getting hit, and by top athletes mind you, for around 3 years. Most guys at his level have been getting hit for at least 5 years by the time they are fighting for titles.

Brock more than proved he has heart in his fight against Carwin. He more than proved he has heart when he came back from an awful illness and defended his title within 6 months. He more than proved he has heart when he took ANOTHER fight in 3 months after that. I mean come on....

For the record I'm not his biggest fan at all, but to say Brock doesn't have heart is absolutely absurd. Can he take a shot? No way. But does he have heart? Hell yes.

I somewhat agree with you, but at the same time I don't think it's fair yet to say Brock can't take a shot.
Brocks last two fights have been against Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez. These two men have the most powerful punches in MMA.
Now if Brock was flinching and curling up when he was getting hit by Randy Couture, then I would say he couldn't take a shot, but I think absolutely anyone would react the same way as Brock did when getting hit by Cain and Shane. The fighters who didn't flinch and try to cover up got KTFO....
king_katool
10/25/10 11:59:43AM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by Jackelope

I somewhat agree with you, but at the same time I don't think it's fair yet to say Brock can't take a shot.
Brocks last two fights have been against Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez. These two men have the most powerful punches in MMA.
Now if Brock was flinching and curling up when he was getting hit by Randy Couture, then I would say he couldn't take a shot, but I think absolutely anyone would react the same way as Brock did when getting hit by Cain and Shane. The fighters who didn't flinch and try to cover up got KTFO....

I have to disagree with Cain being second most powerful puncher in MMA, kongo and rothwell both took massive shots and kept coming, Cain rained down like 200 headshots and couldn't atop kongo and rothwell was using the cage to get to his feet while eating Cain fists

I like lesnar but he can't take a shot
Jackelope
10/25/10 2:35:57PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by Jackelope

I have to disagree with Cain being second most powerful puncher in MMA, kongo and rothwell both took massive shots and kept coming, Cain rained down like 200 headshots and couldn't atop kongo and rothwell was using the cage to get to his feet while eating Cain fists

Agreed. Let's not take sport science's evaluation of a fighter on a steady target too seriously here. I'm sure Cain can punch super hard, but he doesn't exactly have a track record like Carwin does when it comes to KTFO'ing people. Big difference between hitting a heavy bag and hitting someone in a fight. I can't believe how out of proportion that Sport Science thing is being taken.
king_katool
10/25/10 5:49:26PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by king_katool

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by Jackelope

Agreed. Let's not take sport science's evaluation of a fighter on a steady target too seriously here. I'm sure Cain can punch super hard, but he doesn't exactly have a track record like Carwin does when it comes to KTFO'ing people. Big difference between hitting a heavy bag and hitting someone in a fight. I can't believe how out of proportion that Sport Science thing is being taken.

TBH I didn't hear rogan mention it and posted before I read that thread, and I posted in there that in a fight the other variables come into play, head movement, timing/opportunity Etc.

With that said tho I don't doubt there's some thunder behind Cains fists
fullerene
10/25/10 6:04:09PM
Nog's heart wasn't questioned when he got KOd by Cain.
Pookie
10/25/10 6:36:16PM

Posted by fullerene

Nog's heart wasn't questioned when he got KOd by Cain.

Nog was out cold, and then immediately got up after the fight was called.

Lesnar was discombobulated, and seemed to curl into the fetal position.

Now im not saying that Lesnar has no heart, im just saying the two situations are apples and oranges.
BustedKnuckle
10/28/10 9:45:17PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I loathe Sherdog.

This!!!........... is why i so love my BELOVED PLAYGROUND!!!!!!! Inteligent posts and respectful responces.....in agreeance or not! WAR THE PG!!!!