Reason Coture Won

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Reason Coture Won
jdubs
3/4/07 9:43:37PM
Leading up to this fight if I were a Gambler I would have put every penny on tim. I believe the reason randy won was from the punch he rocked tim with in the opening seconds, it gave him the confidence boost he needed. its also nice to see someone ducking puches instead of eating everyone. cant wait for the crocop coture fight!
Svartorm
3/4/07 9:56:33PM
Totally agree. I'm sure Tims confidence was at an all time low coming into that with how hes been booed the last two fights, and at the weigh-in. All he needed to crush him is to get dumped on his ass by a 43 year old man with no KO victories.
madmarck
3/4/07 10:31:11PM
the reason Randy won.
Try Awesomness always dominates evil and stupid tatoos.
jdubs
3/4/07 10:38:05PM

Posted by madmarck

the reason Randy won.

chuck has a stupid tatoo
Svartorm
3/5/07 12:05:23AM
Most fighters have stupid tattoos.
crimethinc
3/5/07 2:22:20AM
Big Time did seem really gunshy that whole fight. He ate that first punch that dropped him but 4 minutes of the first round was Randy at his back and Tim defending the choke so he had a lot of time to compose himself So it's not like he was rocked the whole fight. Couture was really doing some great counter punching with those overhand rights and had Tim keep from throwing high kicks in fear of the take down. At 43 years old Couture just outworked Sylvia. That's why he won.
mrsumo
3/5/07 5:16:01AM
No guys, I hate to break it to you but the reason Randy won is because I bet on Tim. That is just the nature of things.
MethodMan
3/5/07 5:41:19AM
I am real glad I chose Randy for the win (I always seem to get the hot picks right if little else). Randy's skill is in dictating small things that go on to make a difference if the other fighter is too complacent, there was talk before the fight about the bigger guys that made Randy move down a weight but Ricco and Barnett are both versitile fighters and thinking fighters they push the pace and mix things up that is why they could beat Randy and Silvia could not.
cleaner
3/5/07 7:24:55AM
wow what afight i was in no way expecting that but i watched it on bravo and fight started an hour before the show ended so i knew it was going to points and randy would win by points but i didnt expect tim to get flogged like that

can we expect randy chuck 4?????????
he go huge confidince boost and the way he fought i think he would give chuck good fight this time round
MethodMan
3/5/07 7:42:29AM
I think Randy would struggle against Chuck, regardless of the confidence factor so will Ramage though I rate him as a better fighter than Chuck. Cro-cop must be thinking WTF now he has a fight on his hands to become no 1 in UFC with old captain America coming out of retirement. I still reckon Cro-cop will be the UFC heavyweight camp by the end of the year.
madmarck
3/5/07 7:46:00AM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by madmarck

the reason Randy won.

chuck has a stupid tatoo

Touche.
waylon_o
3/5/07 9:58:50AM
I think Randy won because he's smarter, he had a plan, and he's probably been perfecting that plan for the last year that he's been "off."
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/5/07 1:20:22PM
I can't believe Tim Silvia couldnt compensate for that jab, duck and big looping hook that Randy tagged him with constantly. Randy is awsome but I think Tim really has to take a look at his striking game because that was pathetic. IMO CC, and Chuck would put Randy to sleep
warglory
3/5/07 2:11:54PM
If Chuck and Randy fought for a fourth time, I would have to give the fight to Couture. The man was not on his game the last two times they fought.
madmarck
3/5/07 2:30:41PM

Posted by warglory

If Chuck and Randy fought for a fourth time, I would have to give the fight to Couture. The man was not on his game the last two times they fought.

I duno man. His 2nd fight with Chuck he wasnt expcecting it. The third fight was pretty close until Randy got KO'd. Im pretty sure the first KO knocked some sense into him for their third fight.
pv3Hpv3p
3/5/07 2:39:27PM
IMO, Randy won because of the reasons that he stated when he took the fight...

He saw a hole in Tim's game and was confident that he could exploit it...

Through out the whole fight I watched Tim try to use his jab/reach fight style that has won him a lot of his fights, and it honestly started looking sad...

I was waiting for him to step back and look at his left fist as if it had a hole in it, or didn't work properly for him or something...

Tim went with what had won him his last few fights, and that was exactly what Randy was excpecting...

Sylvia walked right into the trap
madmarck
3/5/07 2:43:50PM
yeah i think Randy came in thinking about how he could Counter the "Lamieac" style of fighting. Tim was just trying to draw it out like his last 2. Just goes to show if you study any oppoent you can find holes in their game.