UFC 87 real money wagers

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 87 real money wagers
MFOTHER
7/31/08 10:48:50PM
not sure how many people bet real money on the boards. I try to get some cash on every ufc.... who does everyone like for 87

ive got

manny over emerson
maia over mcdonald
heath over brock
gsp over fitch

w/ a 2 parlays of the same fighters one with heath, one without

im pretty confident about those, just wish the odds were a little better (i got some money on heath went it was still +210)

i told myself i would put money on whoever was the dog in the florian/huerta fight, i like both fighters, but its just too close for me right now....every time i pick againts kenny its no good.
postman
7/31/08 10:53:07PM
I don't know about picking heath if you don't have GREAT subs hes going to be a tuff guy to beat.
MFOTHER
8/1/08 11:44:07AM
i think heaths experience is enough to lay a bet on him. Right nw he's only at +185 where i bet, so i prolly wont add to what i already have on him, but i def think he has a chance.

If he can keep it standing, he's good. If/ when it goes to the ground, he just needs to stay busy and look for sweeps .
Wolfenstein
8/1/08 5:38:12PM
I think Heath has a chance, but I think the line is pretty on so I wouldn't put anything on him.

I haven't put any bets down yet, I've been watching the line continue to drop for GSP so if it starts getting into the -250 range I'm going to jump on the easy money.

I'm definetely thinking Kenny. I think that's probably the best bet right now.
DoTheMMAth
8/1/08 5:50:43PM

Posted by luke420187

I'm definetely thinking Kenny. I think that's probably the best bet right now.

Agree'd 100%
copcopps
8/1/08 6:33:27PM
I was gonna put money on Heath but the line wasn't big enough only +129 or so. If he wins though wouldn't be surprised and I'm gonna look like an idiot.
MFOTHER
8/1/08 6:52:57PM

Posted by copcopps

I was gonna put money on Heath but the line wasn't big enough only +129 or so. If he wins though wouldn't be surprised and I'm gonna look like an idiot.

where do u bet....last time i checked it was +180
prozacnation1978
8/2/08 2:08:14PM
i did bet real money in vegas 30 bucks on 5 fight parlay i did lose the parlay but man it just mAde me not enjoy the fights as much betting real money i got pissed off when i lost i wanted to kill the fighter
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/6/08 6:15:03PM
I have the same picks but disagree with Heath Herring over Brock Lesnar. I reckon we could see an early KO (by BL).
jiujitsufreak74
8/6/08 6:19:05PM
i have 100 bucks riding of Heath. legally i am not allowed to gamble but my uncle places the bets for me on bodog.
MFOTHER
8/7/08 2:10:44AM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

I have the same picks but disagree with Heath Herring over Brock Lesnar. I reckon we could see an early KO (by BL).

early tko maybe or early stoppage

heath is not getting ko'd early
The_Metal_Maniac
8/7/08 1:40:43PM
I would and I am staying away from the Lesnar fight. Heath had tremendous amounts of troubles against a mediocore wrestler in Jake O'Brian. Brock is a much better wrestler. Substitute the Lesnar fight and put money on Chris Wilson.
mikevolz
8/7/08 1:54:07PM
i dont think im gonna bet on this one at all.

brock vs herring

herring has only been stopped by strikes 2 times, when cro cop broke is liver, and when fedor stopped him to cuts.

my concern is that herring will get put on his back and weather the storm and score a knee on a takedown. i dont think brock has the cardio (not saying he isnt in shape, but a man that big, who's that explosive is not the type of athlete with amazing cardio, hes a burst athlete)

what i do know thats gonna happen in that fight, is brock is gonna take heath down. and heaths bottom game ju jitsu sucks. so after that, brock gassing, or heath eating too many xxxxl 4 oz glove shots to the face could be either way.

maia vs macdonald

dont be so quick to bet on maia. watch the fight with herman again, he put his weaknesses out there for everyone to see.

1. conditioning
2. boxing
3. takedowns
4. punishing opponents when he has dominant position

imagine better on a pro boxer with 7 mma fights, but every fight starts on the ground.

if macdonald isnt an idiot, he has this fight in the bag. make maia fight for the take down. it will burn him out, and macdonald will tko him in the 2nd. if he doesn't hes dead.
Kastro
8/7/08 5:07:48PM
A good pick would be Fitch... he is listed at +370 I believe which is a little off, I think the fight is going to be much closer then people think... If I bet real money I would definitely drop a nice chunk on Jon Fitch although I would still root for GSP :D