REACTIONS TO TUF FINALE....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » REACTIONS TO TUF FINALE....
Biggz
12/14/08 2:32:27AM
Junie vs. Kaplan- very impressed with Junie. seems like he really has been working hard and seems like he really is changed, hope he keeps it up, dude has serious potential IMO. also cool that he apologized i don't know if it was sincere or not but still cool.

Bader vs. Vinnie- i actually thought it would go alot longer. good KO by Bader though. not the last we will see of Vinnie. Hopefully a rematch in like a year or so.

Nover vs Efrain- WOW!! i was very surprised, i think many people were too. i thought Nover was going to take it pretty easy. not taking anything away from Efrain! he showed a great game plan and fought a great fight and deserved the win. once again, i don't think its the last we will see of Nover

Krzystof vs Primm- went about like i thought it would

Marshall vs Jules- went about like t thought also.

those are my main thoughts. good fights i thought all around.

i think this season will give season 1 competition for producing the most good fighters that last in the UFC.
Khaos
12/14/08 2:56:33AM
I thought it was a good show, but I'm pissed because I went 2-8 overall, scoring 16 points, it would be less, but I changed my pick to Bader in round 1.
nickcuc547
12/14/08 8:39:24AM
Nover still has a very bright future, hopefully he gets with a good camp. efrain fought the smarter fight and used phillipes aggression agaisnt him. wasn't disappointed in nover, but i was very impressed with the way efrain fought, not very exciting but he fought a smart fight and deserved the win.

I wasn't surprised bader won even though i picked vinny, but i was surprised he got the quick tko, i think both of these guys have a decent future in the sport too, they are both young and athletic so i think the improvements will come.

Junie looked awesome, once again stole the show, love him or hate him he has everybody talking about him again.
Sledge23
12/14/08 9:06:11AM
very diappointed by vinny, best jiujitsu maybe in the whole ufc and says hes going to keep it stanging up, thats a great way to lose, play to your own weaknesses.
cmb19932
12/14/08 9:15:38AM
my reaction-...GOD DAMN IT i had the worst picks ever
dannyfrank
12/14/08 9:35:23AM
i was pretty impressed with marshall as well as bader, efrain, and junie. he really showed some killer instinct in that fight. we'll probably be seeing a lot more from a lot of the guys. i say it was a great end to a great season.
bls1919
12/14/08 9:36:23AM
I also totally whiffed on my picks. 4-6 on the night 28 points. Vinny disapointed me in trying to stand with Bader. Gouveia looked really impressive. Although i picked J-Mac. Efrain vs Nover was a great fight. Efrain deserves all the props in the world, useing a great game plan and keeping the pressure on Nover. and again i had Nover picked to win.
copcopps
12/14/08 10:27:11AM

Posted by Sledge23

very diappointed by vinny, best jiujitsu maybe in the whole ufc and says hes going to keep it stanging up, thats a great way to lose, play to your own weaknesses.

He's training with Andy Wang and Jorge Gurgel I reckon
scoozna
12/14/08 11:06:28AM

Posted by copcopps

Posted by Sledge23

He's training with Andy Wang and Jorge Gurgel I reckon

LOL...you can't help but feel this way.

I wasn't as impressed with Junie's stand-up as Rogan was...I think Kaplan stood there like a punching bag.

It looked to me like Nover never really found his rhythm, but props to Escundero, he controlled almost all the fight.
copcopps
12/14/08 11:16:25AM
Lawlor's beard owned the night though plus his sunglasses just added to that.

And I totally agree with Junie's striking not really improving, especially when I realized that Kaplan looked like a midget.

Overall surprised Junie won but not surprised with him as a fighter
Franklinfan47
12/14/08 11:31:47AM
Went 6-4, not really that good or bad. Vinny, J-Mac, Polakowski, and Burns all let me down, but I was happy Efrain won since he was my pick from the begginning (plus the underdog bonus didn't hurt either).

I thought Junie, Johnson, Bader, and Gouveia all looked great. Hopefully he can make weight next time. I've been saying it all season, Junie with cardio=scary. Sozynksi and Marshall dominated as expected, looking forward to seeing both those guys in the future.

I like J-Mac but he's been so dam inconsistent lately. Unfortunately at this point it looks like he'll be permanantly relegated to gatekeeper at 185. Vinny is another who I thought didn't live up to his potential. I think he got careless and should have gone for the sub earlier.
scoozna
12/14/08 11:57:59AM
Instant props to whomever makes a gif of Rogan messing with Goldberg at the end. Goldberg made some dumb comment involving Rogan who looked dumbfounded at Goldbergs idiocy.

And is Kaplan possibly Junie's twin separated at birth? They looked very similar last night (appearance-wise).
dannyfrank
12/14/08 1:20:58PM

Posted by scoozna

Instant props to whomever makes a gif of Rogan messing with Goldberg at the end. Goldberg made some dumb comment involving Rogan who looked dumbfounded at Goldbergs idiocy.

And is Kaplan possibly Junie's twin separated at birth? They looked very similar last night (appearance-wise).

the only reason they looked alike was because of their hair. other than that, i dont think they look alike at all
State_Champ
12/14/08 1:45:45PM
i thought they were good fights, and that this season's TUF brought together one of the most talented casts the show has seen.
loller90278
12/14/08 3:24:45PM

Posted by scoozna

ask and you shall receive

bjj1605
12/14/08 4:23:27PM
mostly good fights. The only ones I picked wrong were the two finals. I liked all the fights but I'm kinda dissapointed to see 2 wrestlers come out of the ultimate fighter. Like Junnie said "just what the ufc needs, another boring wrestler." Bader isn't so bad, at least he's got some good power. But I find it hard to swallow that Efrain gets the win when he lost the standup and the ground game. Like BJ Penn said "its not the ultimate takedown championship."
dannyfrank
12/14/08 4:35:38PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by scoozna

ask and you shall receive

what did goldberg say there!?
Jackelope
12/14/08 5:33:58PM
I'm with Rogan on the wrestler issue.

People are mad because wrestlers dominate people in top position on the ground, but is it really the wrestler's fault? Efrain was going for slams and gnp and if a sub would have presented itself I'm sure he would have taken it. Just like he did in the past. Maybe the blame should go on the guy who can't defend the takedown or garner himself a better position on the ground.

That being said, I hate it when guys get top position on me and don't do anything with it but hold it. Although I will admit that while I'm frustrated, I'm appreciative for the opportunity to try different things to see how to get out of them. There's plenty of stuff you can do. Guard sweeps, x-guard sweeps, lockdown sweeps, omoplatas, subs from the bottom, etc. How is it the wrestlers fault that their opponent isn't good enough to get out of it? It's not.

I think people are mad because Vinny was the favorite going into that fight, and he lost. He played a poor gameplan, didn't prepare correctly, and lost. That's all you can say about it. Bader proved himself to be superior via gameplan and strikes. Perhaps if there's a rematch Vinny can sub him on the ground, but as it stands now Bader gets the W and Magalhaes takes the L.

EDIT: I'll also say that I'm pissed I picked against Efrain in the finale. I had said from the beginning that he'll win LW, and then I changed my pick for this finale just because I bought into the hype. I should have stuck with what I had originally said Good job by both fighters, though.
copcopps
12/14/08 6:30:57PM

Posted by Jackelope

I'm with Rogan on the wrestler issue.

People are mad because wrestlers dominate people in top position on the ground, but is it really the wrestler's fault? Efrain was going for slams and gnp and if a sub would have presented itself I'm sure he would have taken it. Just like he did in the past. Maybe the blame should go on the guy who can't defend the takedown or garner himself a better position on the ground.

That being said, I hate it when guys get top position on me and don't do anything with it but hold it. Although I will admit that while I'm frustrated, I'm appreciative for the opportunity to try different things to see how to get out of them. There's plenty of stuff you can do. Guard sweeps, x-guard sweeps, lockdown sweeps, omoplatas, subs from the bottom, etc. How is it the wrestlers fault that their opponent isn't good enough to get out of it? It's not.

I think people are mad because Vinny was the favorite going into that fight, and he lost. He played a poor gameplan, didn't prepare correctly, and lost. That's all you can say about it. Bader proved himself to be superior via gameplan and strikes. Perhaps if there's a rematch Vinny can sub him on the ground, but as it stands now Bader gets the W and Magalhaes takes the L.

EDIT: I'll also say that I'm pissed I picked against Efrain in the finale. I had said from the beginning that he'll win LW, and then I changed my pick for this finale just because I bought into the hype. I should have stuck with what I had originally said Good job by both fighters, though.

I'm happy I picked Efrain here, I'm pissed that I picked against him on ufc's official site because I'm more conservative there
nastynick13
12/19/08 2:52:16PM
I was so dissapointed in Philippe. Bought into the hype. Thought he was going to channel Manny Pacquiao and become the next MEXICTIONER. Didn't they say at one point during the fianle that Philippe tried out for every season of TUF?