Ray Mercer vs Kimbo Slice !

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Ray Mercer vs Kimbo Slice !
Mayo
6/14/07 11:58:51PM
Did anybody see this commercial during TUF?! Mercer and Kimbo are going to fight on June 23rd in a cage!
Kisame
6/15/07 12:24:08AM
Welcome to Last year o.O
Mayo
6/15/07 12:34:00AM
what do you mean?
shackle
6/15/07 12:44:21AM
He pretty much means it's old news...

However there hasn't been much talk about it here so I don't understand what his deal is.

I hope kimbo gets KO'd! Kimbo will never be a top fighter. Not mma or boxing. He is just too old, and he is just a street fighter. He is beating up out of shape trash talkers on those internet videos. He lost to Gannon too who isn't one of the best mma fighters out there. He is the bad image mma is trying to avoid. Keep in mind mma still isn't passed everywhere, and if it doens't keep a good image it won't help.

QUOTE]Posted by Mayo

what do you mean?
cowcatcher
6/15/07 12:47:42AM
its posted in another room thats all, im interested in the fight but ill be seeing it on youtube, no way i pay for that if im not buying the next ufc ppv(first one in a few years, just not very good for a ppv)
Mayo
6/15/07 1:07:03AM
oh ok... ya I usually don't stray out of the UFC forum.
I also hope Kimbo gets KOed. And whats with these other orgs always having events on the same days as UFC events - I've witnessed this a few times now. Do they actually expect that someone would choose to watch their event instead of UFC?
cowcatcher
6/15/07 1:11:24AM

Posted by Mayo

oh ok... ya I usually don't stray out of this particular forum.
I also hope Kimbo gets KOed. And whats with these other orgs always having events on the same days as UFC events - I've witnessed this a few times now. Do they actually expect that someone would choose to watch their event instead of UFC?

great point, i guess they want to go right at the ufc, sadly i think going against a free ufc is a horrible mistake, thank goodness for the internet
Aether
6/15/07 3:39:14AM

Posted by shackle

He pretty much means it's old news...

However there hasn't been much talk about it here so I don't understand what his deal is.

I hope kimbo gets KO'd! Kimbo will never be a top fighter. Not mma or boxing. He is just too old, and he is just a street fighter. He is beating up out of shape trash talkers on those internet videos. He lost to Gannon too who isn't one of the best mma fighters out there. He is the bad image mma is trying to avoid. Keep in mind mma still isn't passed everywhere, and if it doens't keep a good image it won't help.

Sean Gannon actually isn't an MMA fighter at all. He's just a cop who trained in MMA as a hobby. He fought one fight in some small venue after the kimbo thing and then the UFC put him in a fight which he lost pretty badly. Just goes to show you how poorly kimbo would do against a real MMA fighter. I guess we'll see if his training helped at all... he is facing a boxer, and while I'm sure he'll be outclassed, he'll still have a puncher's chance.
Naturaldisaster
6/15/07 3:49:09AM
yeah kimbo needs to get knocked out. I'm sick of people talkin bad about mma and with kimbo in mma that just makes it worse.

*kinda off topic, but who did gannon lose to in ufc? it was brandon lee hinkle wasn't it? just wonderin cuz I couldn't remember
Aether
6/15/07 3:53:11AM
yup, at UFC 55
Aether
6/15/07 4:30:32AM
I shouldn't really say he practices only as a hobby. He was a golden gloves boxer and I think he won some judo championship or other, but as far as MMA he really didn't do anything outside of his UFC appearance.
AchillesHeel
6/15/07 8:28:25AM
I can't believe any fan of MMA buys the load of horse manure that is Kimbo Slice. Put him in the Octagon against Brandon Vera or Cheick Kongo. Lard-ass wouldn't last ninety seconds.

Why is this in the UFC forum, anyway? Kimbo doesn't deserve that much respect.
loller90278
6/15/07 1:34:19PM
i don't think that the smaller orgs have the event the same date on ufc on purpose, i think its the other way around.. i know dana did that in the last couple ufc's to cage rage, which was a good card. he wants to stomp out the competition
KYGUY07
6/15/07 2:19:40PM
i liked ray mercer in his boxing days, i hope he kills kimbo.
Ultimate_fighter
6/18/07 1:47:24AM

Posted by KYGUY07

i liked ray mercer in his boxing days, i hope he kills kimbo.

thats kinda rude man, but....
... im gonna have to say.... I AGREE!!!!!! KIMBO IS GONNA LOSE... HE'S GONNA GET KTFO!!
LightsOut33093
6/20/07 8:03:12PM
who cares?
madmarck
6/20/07 8:15:31PM

Posted by cowcatcher

its posted in another room thats all, im interested in the fight but ill be seeing it on youtube, no way i pay for that if im not buying the next ufc ppv(first one in a few years, just not very good for a ppv)

Yeah its pretty much striker vs striker match. I hear Kimbo has been training ground work like hardcore but still. He is known for striking.
If they are trying to sell the card on that fight alone. They will prob fill most of the seats but i doubt they will sell many PPV's.
LightsOut33093
6/22/07 10:07:53PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by cowcatcher

Yeah its pretty much striker vs striker match. I hear Kimbo has been training ground work like hardcore but still. He is known for striking.
If they are trying to sell the card on that fight alone. They will prob fill most of the seats but i doubt they will sell many PPV's.

why woodnt u buy ufc 73 thats 1 of the best fight cards this year