Rate this site.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Rate this site.
Next Page »
POLL: Rating?
9-10 83% (43)
7-8 12% (6)
5-6 4% (2)
3-4 0% (0)
1-2 2% (1)
0 0% (0)
madmarck
7/12/07 12:30:45AM
In terms of other MMA sites.
What is your general idea of this site in comparison to other sites. Including all feautres. Like say to MMAweekly.com or Sherdog.com or ufcjunkie.com etc.........
?
DevonFoxy
7/12/07 12:32:45AM
This is the best site ive personally found most all news is reliable on here and the people (for the most part) respect everyones opinions and try not to impose and resort to third grade name calling 9
ProfessorChaos
7/12/07 12:46:36AM
The problem with all sites like this is you have to throw out 80% of people's opinions. Most people are just so dumb it actually hurts to have to read what they say.

The fantasy portion of the site makes it the best on the internet though.
szucconi
7/12/07 12:56:11AM
the constaint updates pushes it over the top. Videos are great. The game is awesome. You can win money. We organized and easy to navigate. I enjoy it.
madmarck
7/12/07 1:20:02AM

Posted by szucconi

the constaint updates pushes it over the top. Videos are great. The game is awesome. You can win money. We organized and easy to navigate. I enjoy it.

I agree. However most of us are probably pretty biased.

I like the news feature on this site. It provides links to top stories and articles from a variety of pages.
Stickan
7/12/07 7:02:10AM
I'm not biased at all because sherdog.com and everything they do for the sport makes me a huuge fan of them but this site is great. The whole picking and wagering systems are awesome and adds some excitement to the already exciting fights.
The forums are great but more people are coming in every day and some day it'll probably look like sherdog.net.

Make WEC a part of the game and this site is a 10. Right now it's "only" a 9
TOMMYAYO05
7/12/07 1:10:29PM
I would say add wec and some othe big organazations and it would easily be a 10.
tepid55
7/12/07 3:52:17PM
This site has the best fantasy game I've ever played.
CWall33
7/12/07 5:06:55PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I would say add wec and some othe big organazations and it would easily be a 10.

I agree 100%. Sometimes the wait is a bit too long between events. (I know, under the current set of rules, this is not the site's fault.) Add an org or two so the gap would never be more than 2 weeks, and this site would be an 11.
nellyhiphophead
7/12/07 5:46:39PM
yeah but what happens when they got events on the same day how would to wager on both events?
MMAStation
7/12/07 7:05:55PM
I already did http://mmastation.com/blog
rcg916
7/12/07 8:45:44PM

Posted by Stickan

The forums are great but more people are coming in every day and some day it'll probably look like sherdog.net.

I can see it starting already... lol. good point.
Ydoc
7/12/07 10:59:57PM

Posted by Stickan

I hope not. The community here is so awesome it rivals the actual picking game for me. I think with the tight moderation we got now I don't see anything going as far as Sherdog.
madmarck
7/13/07 12:23:50AM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

yeah but what happens when they got events on the same day how would to wager on both events?

That problem has happened before. Remember The new years eve shows???
Its gonna happen if you add one more org regardless. It wont be a problem most of the time though. My Beef right now is that the Feritta brothers have several UFC events scheduled but have yet to put toghether a Pride event...... Im sure it isnt easy taking over such a huge company...... but at least advertise a bit guys. I wish they hadnt cancelled the LWGP or at the very least just set a new date even if it is a few months away.
nellyhiphophead
7/13/07 12:45:28AM
i know it's has happen before so would they have the wagering from both events at the same time i don't know how they would work that and if they only had a small window between them to do it so many ppl wouldn't be able to get to a comp in time to make wagers for the other event. i don't care if they shut down pride as long as they move all the good guys to the ufc and jsut have more events.
CWall33
7/13/07 6:53:35AM

Already happened in Season 1. UFC 69 and Pride 34. Something like a 2 hour gap between them.

I don't remember any complaints about the wagering at the time.
I see this as even less of a problem now that we're doing house wagers, and not person to person wagers.
ryderstrong69
7/13/07 7:12:08AM
the news section is great but the fantasy game is a joke, like last season when they changed how points are awarded and it changed everyones score mid season, and then this last event with the rules saying draws didnt count but still having it an option to pick, i personally blame the mods exspecially the kermit mod he seems like the typical sherdog whitebelt troll. i know the game is still fairly new and bugs need to be worked out, but that was a pretty big bug and the only way something like that should have gotten through was if the mods were to lazy to pay attention, and the way the situation was handeled by the mods was horrible, for one it took several days for them to even respond, to me an explination of what happended should have been put on the front page, the very moment they realized that they had screwed up. and the right thing would have been to award points to everyone who picked a draw, but they are afraid to offend the people who didnt pick a draw to the point that they are to scared to do the right thing. At least some one got off theire lazy ass and removed the draw option form the picks
nellyhiphophead
7/13/07 10:26:30AM

Posted by CWall33

Already happened in Season 1. UFC 69 and Pride 34. Something like a 2 hour gap between them.

I see this as even less of a problem now that we're doing house wagers, and not person to person wagers.

i find it more of a problem now cause wagerig is worth real cash now as befor it wasn't so no one realy cared to much on the wagering. and with the old wagering you coud still wager on any event was in avance. now you can only wager on the next upcoming event and have to wait till it's over to wager on the next.
nellyhiphophead
7/13/07 10:30:03AM

Posted by ryderstrong69

the news section is great but the fantasy game is a joke, like last season when they changed how points are awarded and it changed everyones score mid season, and then this last event with the rules saying draws didnt count but still having it an option to pick, i personally blame the mods exspecially the kermit mod he seems like the typical sherdog whitebelt troll. i know the game is still fairly new and bugs need to be worked out, but that was a pretty big bug and the only way something like that should have gotten through was if the mods were to lazy to pay attention, and the way the situation was handeled by the mods was horrible, for one it took several days for them to even respond, to me an explination of what happended should have been put on the front page, the very moment they realized that they had screwed up. and the right thing would have been to award points to everyone who picked a draw, but they are afraid to offend the people who didnt pick a draw to the point that they are to scared to do the right thing. At least some one got off theire lazy ass and removed the draw option form the picks

dude you need to let this drop you been crying over this for a week now. they said they are sorry and they fixed it. this sight is still in it's first year so they need to make changes to make it better. and i bet you picked a winner with that draw you picked so you didn't realy pick it as a draw you picked a winner and did that guy win no so the round and way of winning you don't get points for.
DoTheMMAth
7/13/07 10:35:26AM

Posted by ryderstrong69

Someone send this guy a box of tissues, he's been crying for so long! Seriously though Ryder... this is something that has been handled, the site has been out of beta for a whole 2 events now... contrary to what you believe, the world isn't out to get you... maybe it's time to stop whining in every topic that is posted in this specific forum? Does that sound like a good idea?
madmarck
7/13/07 3:07:46PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth
contrary to what you believe, the world isn't out to get you...

Well....... Me and Cro Cop are.
EddieBowers
7/14/07 4:20:15PM
Seeing as this is this sites first year running, I think it is great. It is well very well put together, and if the only thing people have really complaining about is the "draw" option... that just goes to show how great this site is. Good job to the people running this site. Once more events are added I would give it a 10.. currently a 9.
zephead
7/14/07 8:03:41PM

Posted by ryderstrong69

Leave dude. If this site is that bad, go. There are other MMA websites. I have no control over anything on this site except moderating. I can only edit posts, delete and ban. That's it. If you weren't already banned, I would do it myself.

Keep this garbage over on Sherdog or whatever website you come from. We don't want it here and we don't need it here. You sound like some high school kid.
casey64
7/16/07 10:21:12AM
This site is the best!!!!!!!!!
madmarck
7/18/07 3:13:06PM

Posted by CWall33

Well Pride 34 didnt have a great card as i recall... and UFC 69 had a fairly decent one.
babalu2720
7/18/07 3:48:41PM
I love this site, plus not many other sites give away great prizes for free entry.
LightsOut33093
7/18/07 4:39:49PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by ryderstrong69

Leave dude. If this site is that bad, go. There are other MMA websites. I have no control over anything on this site except moderating. I can only edit posts, delete and ban. That's it. If you weren't already banned, I would do it myself.

Keep this garbage over on Sherdog or whatever website you come from. We don't want it here and we don't need it here. You sound like some high school kid.

ryder isnt banned yet....u shood do it
JuggaloWarrior878
7/25/07 5:57:00PM
this website rules easy 10
Basshandsome
7/26/07 6:03:10PM
Amazing Site!! The Fantasy game is so much fun especially with the wagers and everything. I enjoy the news section and this is the best MMA forum of any website. I also like how WE get to decide the rankings. RESPECT to everyone involved in running this site and even to the people who reply to the forums in order to give thier perspective.
DougDrex
7/27/07 2:08:15PM

Posted by MMAStation

I already did http://mmastation.com/blog

I like your blog. Nice work!!
Pages: [1] 2