rate the custom fight card above you

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » rate the custom fight card above you
mrsmiley
7/16/09 11:47:34AM
I thought this might be a fun idea.

Basicly you create your own fight card and the next person to post rates it,and gives their opinion on who would win each match you set up.
They in turn,then create their own fight card and the next person follows.

Let's try to keep the fights creative and not just always pick the obvious matches everyone wants to see,but think of some that would prove thought provoking.
You can put fighters against eachother from any weight classes and any org.You can also have special rules for your bouts as well.
You must have at least 4 matches on your card,but no more than 8 total.

Ok. I'll go first

My custom fight card:

1. Royce Gracie VS Shinya Aoki.SPECIAL RULES: Grappling only/3 five minute rounds.
I thought about this fight early today after posting on the Royce Gracie thread in the new forum. Aoki would be giving up some weight,but I think this would be a classic bout of new age grappler VS the old school master.

2. Mirko Crocop VS Gilbert Yvel: Standard MMA rules.
As of lately CC's gameplan has been a more cautious one. Yvel is very rough,yet brutal in his delivery. I think CC would have to weather a very early storm.I think at this point in their careers,to meet in an MMA bout would be amazing.

3. Vitor Belfort VS Melvin Manhoef: Standard MMA rules.
I think this fight could have the potential to be amazing. Normaly when Vitor decides to let his hands go,it insures victory. But against Manhoef i think he might persue the ground game more.

4. Frank Mir VS Jeff Monson: Standard MMA rules.
Both know the submission game in and out and overall great fighters.
I think Mir will be made out the likely winner,but I think too that Monson has the best of Mir's skills in submission,and has a solid wrestling game to boot.
I think this bout might be one that is decided in standing.

5. Hong Man Choi VS Bobby Lashley: Standard MMA rules.
I guess you could argue this is a classic Striker VS Wrestler match that looks like a genetic circus.Lashley seems like he may be able to bully Choi with his wrestling,but Choi is no push over with extensive experince.
Rabi
7/16/09 12:40:07PM
1. Gracie comes out aggressive, but the modern grappler knows to much and catches Gracie with a hold he has never seen before. Gracie being to tough to tap holds on until his arm is snapped and the referee calls the bout.

2.Yvel comes out aggressive, but Crocop refuses to back down. Both exchange high kicks which dont connect properly. After a back and fourth fight we see what have all been waiting for, a Cro cop left head kick which KO's Yvel in rd 3.

3. This fight fails to live up to the hype after Manhoef as the better of the standup so Belfort shoots in and reverts to GnP. Belfort wins 30-27 UD decision.

4. Monson gets the takedown and these guys go from position to position in one of the best HW grappling matches in MMA history, people compare it to the classic Nog v Barnett matches. In a SD Mir wins, just. People on the forums ( MMA Playground mainly ) argue and they either agree or disagree with the dicision.

5. Lashley shoots and is able to topple the giant, after 3 mins of brutal GnP, Choi is unable to defend himself and Lashley earns another big victory.
Rabi
7/16/09 12:47:44PM
1. Manny Pacquiao v Mike Brown

The first top rate boxer trys his hand at MMA against the worlds best FW.

2. Josh Koshcheck v Jon Fitch

After an argument in training these guys finally agree to meet in the Octagon.

3. Joe Rogan v Bas Rutten

An exhibition grappling match from two legendary commentators and known JJ wizards.

4. Georges St Pierres v Michael Bisping @185

GSP begins his road of a dream match up against Anderson Silva

5. Rickson Gracie v Kazushi Sakuraba

Can Sakuraba make Rickosn his 5th Gracie victory.
Rush
7/16/09 1:01:36PM
1. Manny Pacquiao v Mike Brown

Mike is unwilling to trade hands with the boxer and immediately goes for the takedown. However, Manny worked on his sprawl and catches Brown by surprise. Brown adapts and switches to a clinch. Manny goes into boxing mode and has a lapse in the clinch and gets taken down. Brown finishes off with GnP into a submission victory.

2. Josh Koshcheck v Jon Fitch

Fitch and Koscheck cancel each other out for most of the fight, but Fitch eeks out a SD in what is one of the more uninteresting fights of the year.

Bas immediately pummels Joe with liver shots and finishes the fight by TKO in the first round, totally forgetting that the fight was supposed to be a grappling match. However the fight is ruled a NC due to Rogan testing positive for marijuana.

4. Georges St Pierres v Michael Bisping @185

GSP works some stand up trying to catch Bisping. We all know that Bisping circles to the left. However, he has been working on this and avoids power shots. GSP catches him with a superman punch, which stuns Bisping and follows up with a takedown. After tuning Bisping up with some GnP for rd 1, GSP follows up with the win in Rd 2 by kimura.

5. Rickson Gracie v Kazushi Sakuraba

Sakuraba all battered and beaten from a rough career of fighting is no match for the old but well kept physical state of Rickson. Rickson pulls guard and finishes Saku with a neck crank in the first round.
Rush
7/16/09 1:19:13PM
All of these are MMA rules fights and are all involving fighters in the same weight divisions.

Zelg Galešic vs. Patrick Côté
Can the predator bounce back after his injury?

Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Chuck Liddell
Is Chuck really finished in MMA? Can he pull out a win against a top fighter before he retires?

Jeff Joslin vs. Martin Kampmann
Jeff Joslin comes back after a long hiatus from MMA. He has had some good performances in the past against some of the UFC's top WW fighters. How will he hold up against against Kampmann?

Jason Miller vs. Ninja Rua
Ninja's career has been up and down and Miller seems to fold against top competition? Who will win in this battle?

Roger Gracie vs. Igor Vovchanchyn
A tall inexperienced MMA fighter, but top ADCC grappler against the much shorter veteran. Can Igors striking and experience reign over the superior grappling of Roger?

Carlos Newton vs. Matt Huges III
Carlos has not had much MMA experience as of late and Hughes has struggled with the new breed of fighters. Has Carlos learned any new tools in the past few years that will allow him to avenge his loss(es) to Hughes or will Hughes put this one in the books once and for all?

Takanori Gomi vs. Hermes Franca
Gomi has been on a bit of a slide and Hermes is looking to get back into the game as well. Can Hermes weather the storm early and come out with a decisive win or will Gomi add another KO to his record?
Rabi
7/16/09 4:14:02PM
No one has come in, so ill jump back in:

1. Cote comes out quite tentative trying to find his range but Galesic explodes. For the remainder of the bout they stand and trade with Cote appearing rocked on a few occasions but never giving in. Galesic wins an exciting fight by UD.

2. Both guys are both slow out the blocks as niether fighter wants to over commit. Liddell is clearly winning the standup so LIl Nog tries to take down Liddell whode TD defence is to good. Liddell wins a fairly uneventful fight by UD.

3. This is an explosive war from the off, which takes place every were, Late in round 2 Kampmann submit a gassed Joslin.

4. Miller comes out looking to prove to the world that he can stand with Ninja, in an old school Pride KO highlight reel like moment, Rua grabs Miller in the plumb and KO's Miller with a flurry of devestating knee's late on in rd 1.

5. Vovchanchyn comes out looking to throw punches, he throws no leg kicks as he is worried about possible take downs, after a slow paced round 1 and many attempted TD by Gracie, he finally gets his man in rd 2, takes his back and RNC for a tap out victory.

6. Hughes uses his wrestling to take Newton down and pound him, after a brutal first round, his corner throws in the towel after Newton stumbles over to his corner after the bell looking very unsteady on his feet.

7. Gomi is always looking for his big punch, but Franca is to experinced and is patient before he gets his takedown. Franca wins by armbar rd 1.
Rabi
7/16/09 4:18:44PM
Here is some fights I would like to see.

1. Brock Lesnar v Fedor

2. Anderson Silva v Lyoto Machida

3. Tyson Griffin v Clay Guida 2

4. Randy Couture v Mirko Cro cop

5. Kimbo Slice v Gary Goodridge

6. Dan Henderson v Nate Marquartd
StorminYourman
7/18/09 2:18:44AM
GOOD Card

1- By round 3 Brock's face is messed up and Fedor hits the tired big man with a devatating combination that puts him to the ground then finally gets finished by the best ground and pounder in the biz.
2- Anderson's size and time spent training with his openent pays off where he can counter punch and use great footwork to sqeeze his way to a close decision victory
3- Tyson catches Guida's back at some point and wins via RNC
4- Randy gives Mirko a GNP and takedown clinic Fight should stop by round 2
5- Gary is just too old and Kimbo is able to win via KO in round 1
6- Henderson gets the UD with better takedowns clinchwork and takedown defense. It is all classic Dan Henderson
StorminYourman
7/18/09 2:29:48AM
OK some crazy fights
all normal MMA rules, ring or cage you decide.

1 Chuck Lidell vs Kimbo Slice HW
2 BJ Penn vs Deigo Sanchez LW
3 Shinya Aoki vs Nate Diaz LW
4 Fedor vs Anderson Silva HW
5 Lyoto Machida vs Forrest Griffin LHW
6 Nick Diaz vs Matt Serra WW
7 Urijah Faber vs Miguel Torres BW
8 Frankie Edgar vs MIke Brown FW
RNC
7/19/09 6:32:26PM

Posted by Rush

Bas immediately pummels Joe with liver shots and finishes the fight by TKO in the first round, totally forgetting that the fight was supposed to be a grappling match. However the fight is ruled a NC due to Rogan testing positive for marijuana.

Funniest thing I've read in awhile.

chickmagnet
7/19/09 9:25:32PM

Posted by StorminYourman

OK some crazy fights
all normal MMA rules, ring or cage you decide.

1 Chuck Lidell vs Kimbo Slice HW
2 BJ Penn vs Deigo Sanchez LW
3 Shinya Aoki vs Nate Diaz LW
4 Fedor vs Anderson Silva HW
5 Lyoto Machida vs Forrest Griffin LHW
6 Nick Diaz vs Matt Serra WW
7 Urijah Faber vs Miguel Torres BW
8 Frankie Edgar vs MIke Brown FW

1 Chuck catches Kimbo with a big right hand that puts him out cold.
2 BJ stuffs Diegos takedowns and picks him apart, for a decision victory, at LW BJ is always in great shape
3 Diaz I believe would do very well on the feet, but on the ground the scrambles would be intense, Nate by Split Decision, however I think if they were to fight in a ring, Aoki would have the advantage and come out victorious.
4 Anderson would have too much added weight and would get a little fatigued, Fedor would clinch and get the fight to the ground and finish him with relentless GnP
5 Machida and Griffin would be a good fight, but mainly one sided, Forrest would try to attack and get picked apart, eventually getting stopped in round two.
6 Diaz and Serra would be a grappling clinic but I believe Nick is more skilled on the feet. He would win a close decision.
7 At Bantam weight Torres takes this fight, at FW Urijah takes it..They are both in there comfortable weight classes right now.
8 Brown is the strongest and explosive 145 pound fighter in the world, he will only be beat if he moves up to 155, so Brown UD
mentalcase
7/20/09 12:10:24AM
Fedor vs Anderson silva -open weight

Anderson silva vs GSP -185

king_katool
7/20/09 12:29:06AM

Posted by mentalcase

Fedor vs Anderson silva -open weight

Anderson silva vs GSP -185

Fedor wins a 30-27 UD, fedor get hurt in the clinch in RD1 and takes in to the ground the rest of the fight grinding out a decision,

GSP wins a 48-47 UD, taking it to the ground right away GSP steals a few rounds, silva keeps it standing a bit but GSP's TDs are too much and get him the decision win

UnderCard

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Alistair Overeem

Gesias Cavalcante vs Diego Sanchez

Eddie Alvarez vs Gray Maynard

Nick Diaz vs Jon Fitch

Main Card

Vitor Belfort vs Robbie Lawler

Rashad Evans vs Mauricio Rua

Quinton Jackson vs Luis Arthur Cane

Gegard Mousasi vs Forrest Griffin

Main Event

Lyoto Machida vs Anderson Silva

fight card of forever id pay $$$ to see that card, all even match-ups that could go either way IMO