1-2 0% (0)
3-4 2% (1)
5-6 6% (3)
7-8 34% (18)
9 42% (22)
10 17% (9)
Aaronno9
2/22/09 8:39:44AM
So going into 95 I think the general feeling was it wasnt the best card in the world and I dont think anybody had to high hopes for it, so I was only slightly dissapointed it was the first event ive missed live in the best part of 2 years

Anyways, I was proven hugely wrong when I got home and watched the fights, they where all sick! Even the undercard had some awesome action. Some of my thoughts on the card -

- Really stoked for Etim and Hardy, both winning in pretty brutal fashion. Good win for Kelly to. Nice to see the U.K guys tearing it up. Dan Hardy vs Mike Swick is a fight id like to see next.

- Damian Maia. What can you say man, this guy is for real. Ill be the first to admit I was still a little sceptical going into this fight but his takedown was so sweet, straight into mount and it was game set and match from that point.

- Koshcheck. Im pretty dissapointed for him man, I mean, I dont really like the guy, but I like his attitude of just wanting to fight constantly and put on a show for the fans. I dont think he was out when the ref stopped the fight either. Goddards a top ref but imo it was the wrong call. Mabeys if Josh had of actually had a look at some footage he would of respected Thiagos striking a little more.

Stevenson vs Sanchez was a good fight, and I was really happy Joe wasnt mauled like alot of people expected becouse hes one of my favourites. He showed hes still got alot to offer at 155, and Sanchez showed the cut isnt going to be a problem for him and hes going to be a force in the division. Sanchez vs Florian 2 is a must in my mind now.
DCRage
2/22/09 8:43:58AM
To me the best thing about the event was, at least on the live showing (watched it online), every single fight aired. That's never happened as long as I've been watching UFC. I figured that based on how fast the fights went that we'd get 9 of 10 with Grove-Ciesnolevicz being the odd fight out since it went the distance.
theguido
2/22/09 8:47:32AM
Was Good match ups gives a good picture where alot of these fighters stand
Aaronno9
2/22/09 8:47:33AM
Thats cool, makes me even more disappointed I didnt get to see the live show . Thing you might have Groves fight mixed up with Kellys fight though as the Grove fight kept in line with the 1st round finish trend lol.
Khaos
2/22/09 9:00:37AM
I give it a 9-10,It had great fights and great finishes, the only reason I don't give it 10-10 is because Per Eklund lost.
grappler0000
2/22/09 9:08:43AM

Posted by DCRage

To me the best thing about the event was, at least on the live showing (watched it online), every single fight aired. That's never happened as long as I've been watching UFC.

If I remember correctly, that also happened for UFC 91.

I give it a 9.
Twenty20Dollars
2/22/09 9:26:31AM
I gave it a 9, lets just say I only got to see half of the fights because of work and I would have payed money to see this card.
Aaronno9
2/22/09 9:51:12AM
Another point, im not sure how legit this is since I was rooting for Stevenson and I was pretty drunk at the time, but it seemed like Joe and Goldie where totally being biased towards Sanchez. It was like, every time he landed a shot they where making out like he was dominating, then Joe would fire back a shot and theyd just talk about Sanchez having good defence. It was annoying.
prozacnation1978
2/22/09 10:18:08AM
by far best ufc big event of this year so far
and i would say best ufc card overseas in the past 2 plus years
this card looked dull on paper but man was it entertaining
Franklinfan47
2/22/09 11:30:20AM
No big name notorioty, but it was free, entertaining (lots of KOs), and all 10 fights were shown which is very rare, so your not going to hear me complain much. 9 for me
nickcuc547
2/22/09 12:58:02PM
i gave it a 10 based on quality of fights alone, all finished but two, and those two were wars, plus the finishes were all very impressive, great night of fights.
SociopathX
2/22/09 1:37:07PM
the fights were average... and they had way to many commercials. I'd rather pay money for a better card without having to watch commercials half the time.
higdon10
2/22/09 2:11:58PM
Great card. I'll give it a 9. Best show of the year to this point.
ziegler3334
2/22/09 2:12:02PM

Posted by SociopathX

the fights were average... and they had way to many commercials. I'd rather pay money for a better card without having to watch commercials half the time.

I agree about the commercials, i hate them. it makes a ppv even nicer.

But, those fights were in no way average!! The card might not have a big name on it, but it ended up being a great card, with a lot of exciting matchups.

To be honest, i think the fights from the last fight night and 95 have been more exciting than 93 or 94 so far this year. The names might nt have been as big, but the fights have been better IMO.
EvenFlow
2/22/09 2:37:54PM

That was awesome how they showed every fight, like grappler0000 stated I think that was the only other card where all the fights on the card were shown was 91. I'm surprised they did because the last fight they showed was a 3 round war and they actually had time to do this on Spike... but not on the PPV cards. They dont have enough time on the PPVs, well they need to buy more airtime or whatever because that event was awesome just because it was exciting, it didnt need big matches, this is why I dont understand why people complain about not having big matchups.
JWest12
2/22/09 8:22:12PM
It was one of the best cards I've ever seen. I have it a 9. Every fight shown and most of them first round finishes. My friend said he thought it would be a crappy card but I told him it would be good. After the first fight I called him and told him to watch it and the fights just kept getting better.
MMAcca
2/23/09 12:53:54AM
9/10 from me.

The only thing this event lacked was starpower imo, but we got to see all 10 fights again which was great!