UFC 93 Rate it

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 93 Rate it
nickcuc547
1/18/09 3:30:29PM
I gotta give it a 4, davis vs. lytle and franklin vs. hendo were good fights but they all went to the judges except for one on the main card, and none of them were very exciting. close yes but that's not enough, overall a disappointing card.
TimW001
1/18/09 3:31:39PM
5.5/10

Good company made for a good evening.
tuvok500
1/18/09 3:37:29PM
Considering how the co-main events turns out , the ridiculous mistake Kang did, the Palhares fight and the non exciting main event, i have to give a 3/10.

higdon10
1/18/09 3:54:50PM
First show of the year is gonna be the worst show of the year.

I give 93 two thumbs down
postman
1/18/09 3:56:14PM
I am suprised that everyone is down on this event I am giving it a 7 Lytle and Davis was a slugfest they did just what they said they would. John Hathaway looks like a prmoising young fighter. Kang is destryoing Belcher but the beauty of MMA shines and he makes a mistake and pays. What can you say about Jeramey Horn? That guy is a warrior he was certinly over matched but still pushed on and never gave up like most do when someone has their back and droping bombs on their ears. Shogun Coleman not the best fight ever but a nice combo to end the fight. Hendo Franklin was one of the best 3 rd fights I have seen in a while all I could ask for was 2 more rounds. To each his own I guess.
casey64
1/18/09 3:56:25PM
4/10
DCRage
1/18/09 4:01:30PM
Thumbs in the middle. Solid opener, a few subpar matches, disappointing Coleman-Rua fight, very good main event despite the close call with the eye poke. If you missed it, you can skip it unless you like the guys who fought.
MuSh
1/18/09 4:01:43PM
disappointed. glad i didnt pay for it. instead will be buying affliction.
ncordless
1/18/09 4:14:25PM
I give it a three. No five round fights, fighters gassing out, and even the best fights were just ok. The saving grace was the fans.
tomsmith17381
1/18/09 4:39:19PM
3/10 good atmosphere but as usual with the cards they feed us over here it was lacking star power
Wolfenstein
1/18/09 4:45:50PM
A mixed bag.

Marcus vs Lytle was good, but I'm not a fan of these gentleman agreements to turn MMA bouts into kickboxing matches. It's a matter of principal to me, but great fight anyways.

Franklin vs Dan was also an exciting fight.

Dissapointing to see Kang falter, but he'll be back--and hopefully a little more prepared next time out. It was a pretty interesting bout though, and we saw flashes of what he can do in the first round.

Twenty20Dollars
1/18/09 4:48:57PM
It just lacked something spectactular. Hendo/franklin could have been better if it was a 5 rounder.
SpiderSilva
1/18/09 6:03:07PM
I thought it was good I enjoyed the colman/Shogun fight I thought Rua would KO him or sub him sooner and I thought they could have went to a dec. anyway I enjoyed Kang losing and the first fight was okay not the top guys fight I only expected something not great but I guess it exceeded my low expectations
nickcuc547
1/18/09 6:30:40PM

Posted by MuSh

disappointed. glad i didnt pay for it. instead will be buying affliction.

ya i wish i did the same thing
hails
1/18/09 8:05:56PM
Living in Australia, we were slugged 39.95 for this!!!

I made the call not to get it the day before, and I was happy to hear that this card stank!!!

I am saving my pennies for 31st of Jan!!! I really hope that is a good one, as we have had some great cards towards the end of 2008!!!

War GSP!!!
Khaos
1/18/09 9:22:41PM
I'm giving it a 1/10. Only because Horn lasted the entire time.
Jackelope
1/18/09 9:28:05PM
6 or 7 out of 10 to be honest. First of all- two split decisions, which is rare as hell. The main event was fantastic IMO, and both fighters showcased good skillsets. Unfortunate with the eye poke, but what can you do?

I wish some of the other fights had been a bit better. Coleman vs. Rua was and I think if Rua had trained his cardio more we could have seen that fantastic ending everyone feels like the card needed. Shogun let us down, though.

Horn showed what a true veteran is capable of. He stayed in there against a VERY dangerous opponent and entertained with some goofs of his own during the fight. If he would have turned it around and won I would have scored the event an 8 out of 10.

The fans were fantastic. Damn Irish drunks- they're always there when you need 'em for a good time
mk1630
1/18/09 9:42:04PM
I would give it a 6/10. Some of the fights were exciting but some were a dissapointment. This just got me more pumped for how good Penn/GSP is gunna be.
prozacnation1978
1/18/09 11:06:40PM
out of 5 stars i give it a 2

lousy matches, best was the davis fight but the palhares and shogun fight were awful alot of sloppy fighting
scoozna
1/18/09 11:16:40PM

Posted by postman

I am suprised that everyone is down on this event I am giving it a 7 Lytle and Davis was a slugfest they did just what they said they would. John Hathaway looks like a prmoising young fighter. Kang is destryoing Belcher but the beauty of MMA shines and he makes a mistake and pays. What can you say about Jeramey Horn? That guy is a warrior he was certainly over matched but still pushed on and never gave up like most do when someone has their back and droping bombs on their ears. Shogun Coleman not the best fight ever but a nice combo to end the fight. Hendo Franklin was one of the best 3 rd fights I have seen in a while all I could ask for was 2 more rounds. To each his own I guess.

7/10 - I pretty much agree with postman here.
EvenFlow
1/18/09 11:20:50PM
8.5/10, not the greatest but good.
jiujitsufreak74
1/18/09 11:34:24PM
6.5/10

Shogun vs Coleman ruined it for me, and the fact that it got FOTN honors is preposterous. i was so disgusted at the way both men looked, and i pray that Shogun develops at least a semblance of cardio before he starts to fight big names again.

Davis vs Lytle was a barn burner and really carried this card on its shoulders imo. now i may be biased becaus e i am a Davis fan, but that fight was incredibly exciting for me and gentleman's agreement or not i was on the edge of my seat.
kopower
1/19/09 12:04:34AM
4/10 for me. I'm just glad I watched it at a bar and didn't have to pay anything. The fans were outstanding which helped alot and the lytle/davis fight was great. Hathaway looked real good but like a few have stated in earlier posts, the majority of the fights were boring imo. This had to be one of the lower grossing ppv for the UFC. It didn't seem like there was too much hype for this card. I think the UFC is really trying to hype up the Penn/GSP card. UFC 94 should make up for the disappointing 93 one.
cmill21
1/19/09 12:09:01AM
3/10 glad I just watched them on the net after all was said and done. I felt for Kang, theres no way that should have been stood up.
RampageOwnedYou
1/19/09 12:18:06AM
6/10
a few points in this just for how the fans were. Actually made it a different experience with the singing for the Davis fight, even gave me chills.
MMAcca
1/19/09 8:46:29AM
6/10 from me, i thought it was a decent event