Rashguards

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Rashguards
madmarck
12/12/07 12:22:28PM
Anyone have any advice/tricks on there General upkeep?
Any special way to clean? I personally just rinse it off.

My old one got holes in it right away..... stupid nike. But besides that it was geneally good. Whats your favourite brand? The thing got stole too.
Omega
12/12/07 1:20:29PM
Surf supplies. I wear body glove and under armour. Cold water wash and buy several to rotate out.
Vendetta
12/12/07 3:08:55PM
I find that the name brand sports apparell rashguards fall apart rather quickly. When I used ones specifically made for grappling they hold up pretty well. I've had an Atama for about a year and a half, the letters are falling off but the fabric itself is just like the first day I had it. I also have a gameness one that I got in May that says BJJ on the back. The letters are all rubbing off but it's holding up pretty well, although not as well as the Atama.
madmarck
12/12/07 9:29:23PM

Posted by Vendetta

I find that the name brand sports apparell rashguards fall apart rather quickly. When I used ones specifically made for grappling they hold up pretty well. I've had an Atama for about a year and a half, the letters are falling off but the fabric itself is just like the first day I had it. I also have a gameness one that I got in May that says BJJ on the back. The letters are all rubbing off but it's holding up pretty well, although not as well as the Atama.

I was gonna get a Atama one but it was gona be 50 to order. and my club sells em for 40. PLus it has this awesome spider on the back. its holding up pretty good. Although the letters are starting to rub off.

It seemed like the Nike one i had wasnt meant for Grappling but for like running or some shit. It felt kinda heavier too.

And Omega i dont see why buying another rashguard would help i only roll 2-3 times a week
fullerene
12/13/07 9:28:41AM
If you want to save $$, under armour is the best way to go. They hold up pretty well and you can buy them quickly and without too much money at any sports store. I have 4-5 and wash them after every use. I don't feel comfortable wearing one multiple times, so I think you need at least a few if you're training multiple times a week. Nothing wrong with getting a cool looking Atama or other grapplng brand, but buying a few of those does cost a bit.
Omega
12/13/07 11:23:11AM
Dude, you asked I let you know. Those things start to stink after awhile even with consistent grappling. As for name brand rashguards falling apart I think something else is going on there. Tap out and Atami actually sell a thicker surfer's rashguard. They're a bit more expensive so you have to make that decision on your own. I personally have 12 rashguards. I don't roll that much anymore due to injuries over the years but it's nice to have a fresh one, like tshirts.
madmarck
12/13/07 6:16:03PM
cool thanks for the advice guys.
richieb19
12/13/07 8:49:00PM
I just have a red underarmor t-shirt style rashguard. I wanna buy a toraki longsleeve though, seeing as I just bought a t-shirt off them and I'll be buying a new custom competition double wieve from them soon aswell.

...as far as washing goes, I haven't washed it. EVER. Just fabreez lol.
Believe-in-judo81
12/14/07 5:24:14AM
They are expensive but I think Hayabusa Fightwear is the way to go. They make great, great rashies.
hunterlcs92
12/14/07 9:43:53AM
i got 2 for $50 at dick's theyre the fitness gear brand but professional or not they hold up well
KeNn
12/14/07 12:58:07PM

Posted by richieb19

I just have a red underarmor t-shirt style rashguard. I wanna buy a toraki longsleeve though, seeing as I just bought a t-shirt off them and I'll be buying a new custom competition double wieve from them soon aswell.

thats just, just sick.... LOL
whatever though to each their own.
Djbb
12/14/07 1:33:31PM
The Atama website has some really nice stuff. Just remember not to buy red, its an agitative on the human brain. Blue is a soother, so maybe your training partners will unconsciously take it easier on you
madmarck
12/15/07 1:20:32PM

Posted by Djbb

The Atama website has some really nice stuff. Just remember not to buy red, its an agitative on the human brain. Blue is a soother, so maybe your training partners will unconsciously take it easier on you

Yeah i know about atama i got my Gi from them. Their rashguards are a bit more expensive.... but do they hold up good?
Vendetta
12/18/07 9:47:53PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Vendetta

I was gonna get a Atama one but it was gona be 50 to order. and my club sells em for 40. PLus it has this awesome spider on the back. its holding up pretty good. Although the letters are starting to rub off.

It seemed like the Nike one i had wasnt meant for Grappling but for like running or some shit. It felt kinda heavier too.

And Omega i dont see why buying another rashguard would help i only roll 2-3 times a week

The Atamas are overpriced. I bought mine right when I first started so I didn't know any better. My Gameness I got for 30 bucks and it's just as good.
Vendetta
12/18/07 9:48:57PM

Posted by richieb19

That's gross bro. Wash it for your partners' sakes.
Vendetta
12/18/07 9:49:49PM

Posted by madmarck
Yeah i know about atama i got my Gi from them. Their rashguards are a bit more expensive.... but do they hold up good?

Mine has held up fabulously, still I don't think it's worth the price I paid for it.