Next For Rashad: Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Next For Rashad: Title Shot
Next Page »
DCRage
9/7/08 8:38:27AM
Rashad Evans' devastating KO of Chuck Liddell earned him far more than the $60,000 KO Of The Night bonus-it's also earned him a title shot. Dana White confirmed that Evans has earned a shot at the UFC Light Heavyweight Title, but didn't mention exactly when. Rumors are it could be at UFC 92 in December.

Article
gsquat
9/7/08 8:45:16AM
EASY win for Rashad. EASY. So frickin' easy! Easy! Easy! Oh man. Easy! I'll be right about Rashad again in saying he'll be the champ by the end of 08. Aw. It'll feel so good to be right about Rashad again.
jakeiceman
9/7/08 8:52:08AM

Posted by gsquat

EASY win for Rashad. EASY. So frickin' easy! Easy! Easy! Oh man. Easy! I'll be right about Rashad again in saying he'll be the champ by the end of 08. Aw. It'll feel so good to be right about Rashad again.

As much as it breaks my heart, I'm glad to see you get your day in the sun. Alot of people including me gave Rashad no chance. It will be interesting to see how he does from here on out.

Enjoy it buddy.
snakeplissken
9/7/08 9:04:01AM
Rashad is rapidly becoming a box office draw for the reverse reasons, people are just tuning in to watch him finally lose. Once again he disappoints everyone.

Wonder where Chuck goes from here? Liddell Vs. Franklin perhaps?

So predictions for Forrest Vs. Rashad? With Forrest being succeptable to KOs I had to favour Rashad now.
hodge
9/7/08 9:13:56AM

So predictions for Forrest Vs. Rashad? With Forrest being succeptable to KOs I had to favour Rashad now.

Are you crazy did you see the shots Forrest took off Rampage how can you justfy Forrest being succeptable to KOs
imanidiot777
9/7/08 10:10:43AM
Forrest wins 99/100
rabbit915
9/7/08 10:32:26AM
What the hell about Machida? Last i heard Thiago withdrew from the fight. Machida should fight Rashad to determine a clear number 1 contender.
king_katool
9/7/08 10:41:12AM

Posted by gsquat

gaquat our boy did yeeeee bring on forrest, and im sorry i doubted you a couple months ago when you said rashad would be champ by years end i honestly thought not until early next year, but who cares

WAR EVANS
ufcboss
9/7/08 10:48:30AM
I cant see him beating Griffin. Forrest Via headkick!
casey64
9/7/08 11:43:14AM

Posted by gsquat

xphycorx
9/7/08 12:00:51PM
what a pleasant surprise this fight was. it was one of the best KOs of the year.
crushedbacon
9/7/08 12:03:55PM
The Jackson Camp owns Chuck. With that being said, props to Rashad. Man he was looking very quick. Its hard to effectively hit a target that can change angles and get in and out like Rashad did last night. I was anxiously awaiting a take down attempt, but that plan was flawless. Chuck got frustrated, led to him being anxious and then ended up with him drooling on the mat......well played by the Jackson camp and Rashad.
tdietel01
9/7/08 12:15:55PM
I want to remind everyone I said rashaad was NOT overrated! and I am glad he won. I kinda feel for chuck right now though cause he has lost 3 of 4 right? It was definitely a devastating knockout and I couldnt be more happy! I see rashad and brock being champs real soon!
The-Don
9/7/08 12:36:10PM
wow I missed the fights last night and was a bit surprised to see chuck lose did not think it could not happen... but I would love to see Rashad and lyoto for the #1 that would be great
brutalbones
9/7/08 12:42:20PM
Where's all the Rashad haters now! He just silenced the critics (and Chuck) with that overhand right. He just put Michigan on the map in highlight reel fashion. Is that a title shot I hear or the sound of Dana's heart breaking.

WAR RASHAD!
casey64
9/7/08 12:55:01PM

Posted by brutalbones

Where's all the Rashad haters now! He just silenced the critics (and Chuck) with that overhand right. He just put Michigan on the map in highlight reel fashion. Is that a title shot I hear or the sound of Dana's heart breaking.

WAR RASHAD!

I'm glad he won.
Matimus
9/7/08 1:13:31PM
I picked chuck for points.

But I had my fantasy ANMD real money on Rashad, even though I hate his attitude.
jgtribbett
9/7/08 1:20:32PM
i wanna see (in the near future)

wandy vs machida

jackson vs shogun

rashad vs griffin

oh and i dont care what weight its at... but hendo vs franklin
RMFG_187
9/7/08 1:49:39PM

Posted by gsquat

Forrest will beat him on the ground, Forrest will win the stand up, Forrest will even win the staredown.

Avatar bet if u think it will be that "easy"
JimiMak
9/7/08 2:01:33PM
This is retarded. That was great but it didnt' deserve a title shot. Machida is the only obvious option and they're blowing it. I hope Rashad gets injured (not badly just enuf so the need lyoto to replace him). I don't think Rashad could beat Forrest tho it would be close.
StorminYourman
9/7/08 2:06:35PM

Posted by brutalbones

WAR RASHAD!

I still do not like the guy and am very disappointed. That said fantastic overhand right and good game plan.
Hope Forrest destroys that over achieving show boater.

Wolfenstein
9/7/08 3:03:34PM
It was shocking. I'm not really a fan of either guy, but I was kind of glad after all of Chuck's deserving a title shot talk, that his plans were derailed so suddenly.

All week it seemed like Chuck was overlooking Rashad, and he payed for it.
PaleHorse
9/7/08 3:37:32PM

Posted by hodge

Are you crazy did you see the shots Forrest took off Rampage how can you justfy Forrest being succeptable to KOs

Because he got KTFOd by Keith Jardine. I just hope Rashad can keep it up, I honestly hated watching him fight for the longest time. Rashad Evans is the reason I have TiVO. The Brad Imes fight I found boring, Bisping I found boring, Tito I almost put a bullet in my head, I just don't want to see him get the belt and sit on it forever because he can lay and pray. I don't see Rashad beating Machida either, not in a million years.
PaleHorse
9/7/08 3:48:42PM

Posted by casey64

Posted by brutalbones

WAR RASHAD!

I'm glad he won.

What is it with these decision lovers and their lucky punches? Wait for Rashad to one day get KOd and see if he ever knocks anyone out again or if every single fight he has from then on goes is boring as shit (Arlovski syndrome), but seriously Gray Maynard, 8 second KO, decision fighter. Rob Emerson, early 1st round KO, decision fighter. The UFC hypes these guys when they get lucky, and we hate them when they don't hold up to the hype. I hope they put Rashad against Machida and Machida man handles him.
EliasG
9/7/08 4:07:17PM
Very big difference between a guy who is 17-0 and someone who has a mixed or .500 record and decisions folks. He KO's guys or submits them about 50% of the time and decisions guys 50% of the time. ANd he hasn't lost.

Give respect where respect is due.

I hear a lot of wierd stuff man..makes me wonder about some dudes. Rashad and Rampage are called showboaters guys say they "hate them." Then sometimes the same guys say they like Brock Lesnar who showboats more than any of them. ? Must be their melanin.
hodge
9/7/08 4:13:07PM
Palehorse your an ass just because Griffin got knocked out by jardine does not mean he is succeptable to KOS the guys only ever lost twice by KO so i dont know how people can make such stupid comments.
PaleHorse
9/7/08 4:47:28PM

Posted by hodge

Palehorse your an ass just because Griffin got knocked out by jardine does not mean he is succeptable to KOS the guys only ever lost twice by KO so i dont know how people can make such stupid comments.

No I just know the definition of Susceptible
1. admitting or capable of some specified treatment: susceptible of a high polish; susceptible to various interpretations.

In this case the specified treatment is a knockout. If you've been knocked out once you're susceptible, even if you haven't been knocked out you're susceptible, just as anyone is. The only difference is Rashad hasn't been KOd and Forrest has. People say that "certain fighters can't get KOd" like Big Nog, Hendo, and Anderson Silva. These guys just haven't been KOd, they're perfectly susceptible. Nobody can land a flush punch on Silva which is more than likely why he's never been KOd. Hendo is just tough but he almost got KOd by Silva, and Nog doesn't seem to get literally KOd but he's good at putting on a dumb face when he's dazed.
KYGUY07
9/7/08 4:53:39PM
this fight is gonna be huge tuf 1 champ vs tuf 2 champ for the light heavyweight title. rashad was impressive last night, but to be honest he faced a guy who was the best a long time ago but fighters have now figured chuck out, make chuck be the aggresor in the fight and you win. forrest was amazing against rampage, he took some hard shots and still kept coming, this will be an awesome fight and i see forrest winning a decison.
HumanTarget
9/7/08 5:14:07PM
EASY? Whats wrong with you? Rashad was dancing around the ring and CHUCK had to follow him. It was getting so boring, Chuck just got caught with one good punch. Chuck was winning the fight.
BIGKAT
9/7/08 5:20:04PM

Posted by HumanTarget

EASY? Whats wrong with you? Rashad was dancing around the ring and CHUCK had to follow him. It was getting so boring, Chuck just got caught with one good punch. Chuck was winning the fight.

YEp, Chuck was so busy chasing Rashad around that Chuck fell into a 1 dimensional fight plan, chase and punch , chase and punch and he got caught with a lucky punch. I didn't think Rashad had much chance at winning, and he was proving that to be true until Chuck let his guard down and Rashad caught him with a perfectly timed, perfectly thrown punch. The rest is history. Chuck would win this fight 9 out of 10 times, but all it takes is that one time.

Good job Rashad, now prove it isn't a fluke when you face Forrest. My money says you wont.
Pages: [1] 2