Rashad Takes Tito

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Rashad Takes Tito
Mattyc
7/8/07 11:11:21AM
This is simply an IMO post. But i think in a rematch Rashad would take Tito and could've in this first fight.

First round, Hands down Tito takes it. Rashad was very tentative; more so than in any of his other fights. After he let his hands go he did some damage to Tito. So if he was a little more confident (yes he was talking trash but u could tell he looked nervous when he actually got in there with Tito) he may have been able to do better. 10-9 Tito.

Second Round: It went to Tito, but it was a close round. I think that the guillotine at the end of the round was what solidified it for Tito. With the point getting taken off , obviously it makes it a tie. But this is where i think Rashad would've taken the fight by decision. If Tito didn't sink in that guillotine, it would've been a slam by Rashad and i think that would've given him the round. I know you're saying yes but Tito DID sink in the guillotine. I feel, and you may disagree, that the only reason Tito managed to get in that guillotine was because of the leverage he gained by holding the fence. If Tito wasn't holding the fence he would've just been slammed into the ground without that extra time to move around and grab the neck... so, IMO, if Tito didn't grab the fence, he wouldn't have gotten the guillotine, and he would've gotten slammed.. giving the Round to Rashad, 10-9 Rashad

Round 3: As it went, Rashad was looser, looked more comfortable and took the round. At the end, given more time , could he have finished it? Its hard to say.. Tito didn't look to be doing much, but he probably realised how close it was to the end and stopped. but then 10-9 Rashad.

Just a thought, and now Rashad and Tito both know what they're in for, it should be good. I'd love to see the Rematch
xchickox
7/8/07 11:32:29AM
i think tito should have taken that fight, looking forward to the rematch
grappler0000
7/8/07 11:42:49AM
That was a decent assessment...I foresee a rematch for sure.
cmill21
7/8/07 11:46:35AM
I don't think there would even be talk of this had tito not have grabbed the cage what 3-4 times? Rashad would have taken him down in the second round and beat him up as he did when tito finally didn't grab the cage.
nubby
7/8/07 1:37:36PM

Posted by cmill21

I don't think there would even be talk of this had tito not have grabbed the cage what 3-4 times? Rashad would have taken him down in the second round and beat him up as he did when tito finally didn't grab the cage.

Well actually Rashad still got the takedown. I think it was Joe Rogan who assessed that had Tito not grabbed the fence he would have wound up in the same exact position.
bosanceros
7/8/07 7:20:37PM
that was a pretty good fight but comeee onn tito should have had that i mean compare titos previous opponets like liddel, coutoure, wanderlai, shamrock, tanner, belfort and then rashads opppnets like wat salmon bonnar and imessss.......tito should have had this fight but the fact is that HE IS DONE.. dont get me wrong one of my favourite fighters but in that fight with rashad he showed hes been done for a while... yeah he kicked the shit out of shamrock 3 times but shamrock is near 50 years old and thats the only guy tito looks like he can beat... hes got one more fight on his contract and i have no idea wats gonna happen to him after that
boob
7/8/07 9:46:52PM
x_soa_x
7/8/07 10:52:24PM
I think if Rashad was there for the entire fight like he was there in the beginning, he would have finished Tito with ease. It was obvious every time they traded that Rashad had the ability to KO him, and IMO Rashad would have dominated in the second round if Tito hadn't held onto the fence.
Ydoc
7/11/07 5:22:20PM

Posted by bosanceros

that was a pretty good fight but comeee onn tito should have had that i mean compare titos previous opponets like liddel, coutoure, wanderlai, shamrock, tanner, belfort and then rashads opppnets like wat salmon bonnar and imessss.......

So instead of judging the actual fight the judges should look at the fighters' past records and make a decision on who has fought the toughest competition?

I need to step away from the keyboard and take a break before my mind explodes.
szucconi
7/11/07 5:30:40PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by bosanceros

that was a pretty good fight but comeee onn tito should have had that i mean compare titos previous opponets like liddel, coutoure, wanderlai, shamrock, tanner, belfort and then rashads opppnets like wat salmon bonnar and imessss.......

So instead of judging the actual fight the judges should look at the fighters' past records and make a decision on who has fought the toughest competition?

I need to step away from the keyboard and take a break before my mind explodes.

You totally missed what he was saying. He is saying that Tito's performance was a disapointment and Tito is finished in the fight game. He is saying that Tito should have handled Rashad and the fact that he didn't shows that Tito is on the down swing.

I can't say I agree with his logic, but I agree with his conclution.
Ydoc
7/11/07 11:55:42PM
I agree with the rest too, but I couldn't get past the first part.
bosanceros
7/12/07 7:06:05PM
nooo thats not wat im sayingg.. im saying that TITO should have fought a better fight considering the experience he has.....judge the fight yaaa iit wass a draw infact they should have givin rashad... nut hey nice record tho
bosanceros
7/12/07 7:06:53PM
both of u