Why the Rashad Hating?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Why the Rashad Hating?
JoeySteel
12/31/08 12:31:35AM
What does Rashad have to do to prove himself. I see topic after topic of people doubting Rashad, it is a bit much.

I had NO, Absol. NO doubt that Rashad would win this fight. I agree the Chuck fight was tougher to call, but this was an EASY call.

WHy do people hate on him so much?

Let's be objective. When was the last UNDEFEATED champ the UFC had? The UFC has no other one right now.

He is more and more impressive every victory he has. He has spectacular wins, and a great personality. I don't think it is racism, maybe a little bit, but I would really like to know what everyone's issue is with Rashad.
----

That said I think Lyoto vs Evans would be GREAT, Lyoto is a bad match up for Evans, and I think Lyoto takes a CLOSE one. But either way the fans are the winners in this one.
tuvok500
12/31/08 12:37:27AM
Lyoto's legacy gonna stop soon, he can't hit and run like that against everybody, i think Rashad is fast enough to not get hit by Lyoto's style and i am sure Rashad would beat him by TKO GNP , his wrestling would make a big difference in the clinch compare to any other opponent that Lyoto faced, i am not talking about Tito who is now way to slow to fight this type of guy.

seanfu
12/31/08 4:17:54AM
People hate on Rashad because he had a bunch of terrible boring fights in the UFC before fighting Salmon and knocking out the Chuck man. I always looked at Rashad as the next big thing with his great wrestling base and athleticism.

But honestly the attitude doesn't help. I can't love him as a fighter because of that, and I think that's how a lot of others feel. I don't think he can honestly tell what extent his cockyness so it's probably unintentional, (he seems very humble but likes to prance and taunt in the fight) but noone can deny him now.

Rashad is a top guy for sure and I would even rank him a possible third of fourth depending on his next performance win or lose.

And I think Lyoto is probably the Anderson Silva of the LHWs, so as far as the legacy ending, I wouldn't count on it until he fights a trully good level striker instead of an MMA good level striker. He's all timing and technique.

But yes Rashad seems to be the man, I picked him against Liddell and almost for Forrest.
cmill21
12/31/08 5:19:03AM
He├Ęs got a bad additude, and apperently has two accounts on the playground lol.
emfleek
12/31/08 8:23:25AM
Do we really need to discuss this any further? It's been beaten to death...

MikeyG
12/31/08 10:00:41AM
when you blow dudes kisses and grab your crotch you shouldnt expect them to gain fans especially when you are getting owned striking, its self explanitory and we really dont need 10 threads about how controversial rashad is, we all know he is so lets move forward and give him the benefit of doubt for being the best until he fights lyoto or rampage
dannyfrank
12/31/08 10:14:48AM

Posted by emfleek

im sick of hearing about rashad. please, somebody, put a stop to the madness!
State_Champ
12/31/08 10:18:28AM
Is it really possible to be totally objective when discussing whether or not one likes someone?

I hope Rashad loses the belt. ( And I would love for Rampage to be the one who takes it.)
holt8081
12/31/08 10:47:17AM
cuz he gets LUCKY in his fights, he was loseing that fight until forrest slipped, chuck was beating him until he slipped one in, he could have lost to tito if tito did not grab the cage, and every body else he has beatin all suck yes including bisping.
gsquat
12/31/08 12:52:29PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by emfleek

Exactly. You can't stand him so much that it hurts you deep inside to see him at the top now. He's the LHW champion. The best in the best weight class. You're gonna hear a lot about him!

Holt, you're a tool for calling Rashad lucky. 18-0 isn't lucky. He does just what he needs to win fights.
Franklinfan47
12/31/08 1:31:50PM

Posted by JoeySteel

What does Rashad have to do to prove himself. I see topic after topic of people doubting Rashad, it is a bit much.

I had NO, Absol. NO doubt that Rashad would win this fight. I agree the Chuck fight was tougher to call, but this was an EASY call.

WHy do people hate on him so much?

Let's be objective. When was the last UNDEFEATED champ the UFC had? The UFC has no other one right now.

He is more and more impressive every victory he has. He has spectacular wins, and a great personality. I don't think it is racism, maybe a little bit, but I would really like to know what everyone's issue is with Rashad.
----

That said I think Lyoto vs Evans would be GREAT, Lyoto is a bad match up for Evans, and I think Lyoto takes a CLOSE one. But either way the fans are the winners in this one.

GSPquat, is that you?
JoeySteel
12/31/08 1:48:06PM
No, this is Joey. GSPquat and I happen to be part of a select few rational people on this question.

1. If you don't want to read about Rashad don't click on the thread.

2. I love when people with Wandy as their pic on their account tell ME I am beating a dead horse. At least my boy one.

3. I think the argument that he pinches his nipples, and was initially boring in the UFC is at least an argument, but the idea that he is boring is a little strange. He KNOCKED out Chuck. I think I will LOVE anyone who KOs that dead horse, he TKOs Forrest who is NO flipping joke, he has some crazy power and clearly good fights.

4. I love that Rashad is an anti hero champ, even though I am not sure how he got that way. I think some fighters are douche bags (in terms of their personalities, Mir for example) and that impacts my following of them, no that they are not great fighters, but my following.

Here is my confusion. RASHAD seems to be a great guy, he keeps doing things in amazing ways, why do people keep going against him? I mean all the money I won on betting on Rashad was EASY money in the Forrest fight. If he layed Chuck out I KNEW he would lay Forrest out, so what the HECK were the rest of you dudes thinking.

dannyfrank
12/31/08 1:53:55PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by emfleek

Exactly. You can't stand him so much that it hurts you deep inside to see him at the top now. He's the LHW champion. The best in the best weight class. You're gonna hear a lot about him!

Holt, you're a tool for calling Rashad lucky. 18-0 isn't lucky. He does just what he needs to win fights.

im not saying that im sick of hearing about him because i hate him. the only fighter that i dont like is BJ. im sick of it because every other thread is a war between rashad haters and rashad fans. the topic itself gets old after a while. now, i wouldnt care at all if there was a thread that was like, "who do you think rashad's next opponent will be and how will he do?"

im just sick of the constant arguing
dannyfrank
12/31/08 1:57:37PM

Posted by JoeySteel

2. I love when people with Wandy as their pic on their account tell ME I am beating a dead horse. At least my boy one.

not sure what that has to do with anything we're talking about, but ok
Aaronno9
12/31/08 2:03:22PM
People hate him becouse of the way he carries himself. Its that simple. And if you actually read the threads your talking about you'll see any of the more knowledgeable posters on this site have massive respect for how much hes improved and his skills in general.

I think another thing that grates on people is his fans. Like ive said before, if we all came on here making threads everytime one of our favourite fighters won, or everytime we picked an underdog correctly, the forum would go to shit. I think of myself as a good example of this, ive argued with so many people on this site about Bisping legitimacy, and took alot of flak for saying i thought he was a level above Mccarthy, Day and Leben. Yet you dont see me making "in your face" threads directed at anybody who picked against him, trying to make them look stupid. Its annoying.

I mean, i hate to break it to you guys, but 1884 other people on this site also picked Rashad, your not that special guys.
Bobbymma
12/31/08 2:04:28PM
I'll say this Rashad wins fights, he's not the most liked, but he gets the job done.
Franklinfan47
12/31/08 4:08:48PM
I'm a fan of Rashad too, therefore he must be my "boy" as well. So you must all compliment me and admit how you were all wrong for picking against rashad, and that suck because of it.

No wait, that would be stupid
gsquat
12/31/08 4:16:16PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I'm a fan of Rashad too, therefore he must be my "boy" as well. So you must all compliment me and admit how you were all wrong for picking against rashad, and that suck because of it.

No wait, that would be stupid

That would be stupid. But can you imagine if you told everyone how he was gonna beat Liddel, and Forrest and win the LHW title. All the while people are telling you things like (and I quote). "You're delirious... Rashad doesn't stand a chance... I'll shit my pants if he wins..." Then he does win and all the nay sayers won't fess up to their wrongness and continue to make exuses for why his opponent lost and why they picked wrong. If that were the case what you said wouldn't be so stupid. It'd be awesome... And ya know what. It was awesome.
telnights
12/31/08 5:10:44PM
This topic has been done to death on the forums and every time it ends with me having to ban or warn people. People will like and dislike fighters for whatever reason. So let the haters hate and the nuthuggers hug but do we really need to go over the reasons why a 1000 times. Topic LOCKED!