Why all the Rashad hate?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Why all the Rashad hate?
Next Page »
nickcuc547
9/7/08 6:06:11PM
he just ko'd a legend, and a highlight reel ko for that matter, give the guy some credit, he had a game plan, stuck to it and got the win against the most famous mma fighter of all time, give the guy his due.
Violence108
9/7/08 6:07:42PM
yea i was one of those people that did not like him, but now hes good in my book , KO'ing Liddell was sweet , all props to Rashad
Aether
9/7/08 6:12:00PM
it really wasn't necessary to make another thread, there are already like 3 of them discussing the same thing in this section of the forums. The reason people are "hating" on him is because of the way that he fought before the KO occurred. I'm not going to reiterate what I've said in the other threads, I'll just say that it's not all about the result of the fight, it's about how the entire fight goes down.
MALICE
9/7/08 6:13:19PM
I don't hate Rashad. I hate all of the "I told you so" BS. If you made the pick, good for you. But you don't need to come into the playground and gloat about it. Telling everyone that they should have listened.

Celebrating is OK
Gloating is asinine
nickcuc547
9/7/08 6:14:11PM

Posted by Aether

it really wasn't necessary to make another thread, there are already like 3 of them discussing the same thing in this section of the forums. The reason people are "hating" on him is because of the way that he fought before the KO occurred. I'm not going to reiterate what I've said in the other threads, I'll just say that it's not all about the result of the fight, it's about how the entire fight goes down.

then don't read it whine bag.
gsquat
9/7/08 6:14:27PM
They don't want to give him any love because thats admitting they're wrong. He deserved tons of credit before this and now.
Aether
9/7/08 6:18:34PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

FORUM RULES

"10. Please check the first 5 pages of the UFC/Pride forum, and the first 3 of any other forum for a related topic, before starting a new thread.We only have so much space ,and would like to keep the discussion going, without people having to constantly repeat themselves. If you add your thoughts to the existing thread it will refresh to the top of the front page. "

"1. Do not engage in name-calling, threats, exchanges of insults, or intentionally rude behavior towards fellow members. It's 100% fine and normal that you don't agree with another member's comments, and it's completely fine to state that when done without insults. People may post things that are common knowledge, are answered in a pinned topic, or have already been posted many times before. If you care to reply, do so without the use of profanity or a condescending tone. It's old-fashioned, but remember your parents saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". The purpose of having an online community is to have a place for a close-knit group of fans to talk about the things they love (in this case, MMA). "

PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 6:20:07PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

I don't hate Rashad. I hate all of the "I told you so" BS. If you made the pick, good for you. But you don't need to come into the playground and gloat about it. Telling everyone that they should have listened.

Celebrating is OK
Gloating is asinine

I disagree. Did you not check. This is a fighting forum. One of the hallmark things to do is gloat when you a make a pick. I did not pick Evans, but with everyone making this thread and that about Liddell winning, and getting mad at people picking Evans, anyone who picked Rashad has any and every right to gloat. This is a fighting forum. If it bothers you dont read it. And why would it bother you? That would seem your too sensitive.
gsquat
9/7/08 6:27:16PM

Posted by PrinceofTranceGlobal

Posted by xxMALICExx

Celebrating is OK
Gloating is asinine

I disagree. Did you not check. This is a fighting forum. One of the hallmark things to do is gloat when you a make a pick. I did not pick Evans, but with everyone making this thread and that about Liddell winning, and getting mad at people picking Evans, anyone who picked Rashad has any and every right to gloat. This is a fighting forum. If it bothers you dont read it. And why would it bother you? That would seem your too sensitive.

^^I love this guy^^ I did gloat and it felt great. However the Mod's have threatened me with a ban for doing so. I understand them being upset at my irrational name calling and borderline threats, but to tell me I can't gloat or I'll be banned... wow. I'm guessing they picked Chuck too.
MALICE
9/7/08 6:33:24PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Celebrating is OK
Gloating is asinine

You are completely right. This is a fight forum. And I see you have been a member for a whopping couple of days. Since you are new I will clue you in. This may be the only civilised Forum on the net. Members here have class. Those who come in and act like idiots don't last long. This is a great site. Good luck on the site.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/7/08 6:34:41PM
lots of fans starting watching ufc bc of chuck liddell & the ufc hype machine only made people, including me love him more
lots of folks cant handle seeing him ose the way he did, but it happens
im happy for rashad & think, if he is our new lhw champion
jiujitsufreak74
9/7/08 6:38:40PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Celebrating is OK
Gloating is asinine

yeah but it just gets annoying after a while and disruptive to the community since you are susceptible to breaking a lot of forum rules in doing so.
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 7:07:12PM
The problem ive noticed with the forum is this. You say there are rules and such. Thats fine. But it seems those rules apply only to certain people. Ive seen people get banned for barely doing anything. And not given any reason to why their are banned. Ive also seen people, usually premium members, sit there and bash on fighters and other members. Yet they never get banned. It seems the mods have taken a set of rules, but are not using it fairly. Cause these rules are not honestly and fairly applied to all. The rules are clear and simpe. Thats not my problem. My problem is seeing people sit there and bash, usually premium members, all you have to do is check post history, others will do a fraction of what they do and get banned. And the mods never come and explain themselves why they choose to ban some and not others. I think speed limits are good. But its like cops pulling people over for going 56 in a 55, and give them a ticket. Yet other people will get pulled over going 88 in a 55, and nothing is done to them,ie premium members, other mods, and people with high post counts. Its not the system that is not fair, its the people who carry out the system. So if the sit has class, should'nt we all get treated fairly. Not only ban unfairly certain people, but let others bully others around. Cuase thats what I see mostly on this site. I will see a mod be confrontational with other members, and if that member defends themselves they get banned. I then see other members, with post counts in 1000's and/or premium members, that say things way beyond fighter bashing, yet nothing is done to them. How is that classy. Seems wrong to me.
jiujitsufreak74
9/7/08 7:18:42PM

The problem ive noticed with the forum is this. You say there are rules and such. Thats fine. But it seems those rules apply only to certain people. Ive seen people get banned for barely doing anything. And not given any reason to why their are banned. Ive also seen people, usually premium members, sit there and bash on fighters and other members. Yet they never get banned. It seems the mods have taken a set of rules, but are not using it fairly. Cause these rules are not honestly and fairly applied to all. The rules are clear and simpe. Thats not my problem. My problem is seeing people sit there and bash, usually premium members, all you have to do is check post history, others will do a fraction of what they do and get banned. And the mods never come and explain themselves why they choose to ban some and not others. I think speed limits are good. But its like cops pulling people over for going 56 in a 55, and give them a ticket. Yet other people will get pulled over going 88 in a 55, and nothing is done to them,ie premium members, other mods, and people with high post counts. Its not the system that is not fair, its the people who carry out the system. So if the sit has class, should'nt we all get treated fairly. Not only ban unfairly certain people, but let others bully others around. Cuase thats what I see mostly on this site. I will see a mod be confrontational with other members, and if that member defends themselves they get banned. I then see other members, with post counts in 1000's and/or premium members, that say things way beyond fighter bashing, yet nothing is done to them. How is that classy. Seems wrong to me.

how long have you even been here to make that accusation? i know what you are saying but i have to say i don't agree. look more carefully at the ones that get banned. it is the way you express your opinion and the way you carry arguments that determine if you break the rules.
nickcuc547
9/7/08 7:19:46PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

FORUM RULES

"10. Please check the first 5 pages of the UFC/Pride forum, and the first 3 of any other forum for a related topic, before starting a new thread.We only have so much space ,and would like to keep the discussion going, without people having to constantly repeat themselves. If you add your thoughts to the existing thread it will refresh to the top of the front page. "

"1. Do not engage in name-calling, threats, exchanges of insults, or intentionally rude behavior towards fellow members. It's 100% fine and normal that you don't agree with another member's comments, and it's completely fine to state that when done without insults. People may post things that are common knowledge, are answered in a pinned topic, or have already been posted many times before. If you care to reply, do so without the use of profanity or a condescending tone. It's old-fashioned, but remember your parents saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". The purpose of having an online community is to have a place for a close-knit group of fans to talk about the things they love (in this case, MMA). "

you broke the rules, i'm telling. what a joke
MALICE
9/7/08 7:23:47PM
Wow! Lot of love coming from this thread. Lot of Love.
SociopathX
9/7/08 7:39:07PM
Rashad is like the Matt Serra of the LHW division. He's just kind of a crappy fighter who shouldn't beat guys but does. But HEY that's the fighting chance that everyone has when they walk in the ring.

Everyone gets caught... even The Ice Man =(
Aether
9/7/08 7:48:55PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

FORUM RULES

I'm explaining to you that you're wasting people's time, forum space, and there's a reason people don't want 5 threads on the exact same topic in the same forum. Grow up, you're acting like an infant, I've seen 14 year olds who are more mature than you. The entire reason I quoted the rules to YOU is because I'm NOT telling on you. If I wanted to tell on you I'd have just pmed an admin, which I didn't do.

All my first post said was it isn't necessary to make another thread, and you started slinging insults. Grow up.
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 7:56:12PM

Posted by SociopathX

Rashad is like the Matt Serra of the LHW division. He's just kind of a crappy fighter who shouldn't beat guys but does. But HEY that's the fighting chance that everyone has when they walk in the ring.

I am no fan of Rashad Evans, but that comment was wrong on so many levels. Fact is, if Rashad and Chuck fight again, Rashad will beat him again. Chuck is stubborn. He does not want to adapt. He does not put his hands up, he does not want to use his other skills. People say oh Rashad got lucky and caught Chuck. Chuck made a career out of back pedaling and catching people. Babalu anyone, who saw Chuck against Allistair Overeem in pride, how about Chuck's knockouts of Randy. Chuck is a legend, but he made a career of beating people the way Rashad beat him. We all gave Chuck his credit. Probably too much. Why would you not give Rashad the credit.
nickcuc547
9/7/08 8:13:12PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Aether

FORUM RULES

I'm explaining to you that you're wasting people's time, forum space, and there's a reason people don't want 5 threads on the exact same topic in the same forum. Grow up, you're acting like an infant, I've seen 14 year olds who are more mature than you. The entire reason I quoted the rules to YOU is because I'm NOT telling on you. If I wanted to tell on you I'd have just pmed an admin, which I didn't do.

All my first post said was it isn't necessary to make another thread, and you started slinging insults. Grow up.

what a dork
jiujitsufreak74
9/7/08 8:16:18PM

Posted by nickcuc547
what a dork

wow...can't wait for you to get warned/banned
MALICE
9/7/08 8:20:16PM
Rashad is a good fighter. But, IMO he is not ready to be a champ yet. This is my reasoning.

He won split decisions with Imes, Hoger, and Bisping. They are all good fighters, but not great fighters. So having split decisions with them is not that impressive.

He had a majority win over Bonnar. Bonnar is very tough, so no shame there.

Had a draw with Tito. Tito has not looked impressive in a long time.

KO'ed Lambert and Salmon. Shows he is evolving as a fighter. He looked good in these fights.

Finally, he KO'ed Liddell. Very impressive. This is his one big accomplishment.

I just dont think he can beat Rampage, Machida, Wanderlei, Rua, or Griffin.

Rampage - UD
Machida - UD
Wanderlei - TKO
Rua - TKO
Griffin - UD, Maybe sub.

If he beats 1 more of these guys, I can agree he is championship material.

voodoo-jitsu
9/7/08 8:21:24PM
running from chuck the first round did not impress me any. although the ko was nasty, i swear rashads eyes was closed when he threw that punch(i could be wrong) ad his shoulder suffle makes me want to vomit.
i would have thought that chuck would have learned a lesson after the dean of mean fight (im talking about looking past a fighter) but it look like rashad had to give him a reminder.
Aether
9/7/08 8:21:35PM
I'm done with you. I really hope you get banned, you need to grow up and fix your attitude.
MALICE
9/7/08 8:27:17PM

Posted by thevoodooninja
and his shoulder suffle makes me want to vomit..

I know. What is with that? It's obvious he was trying to copy Jardine as much as possible. Even his awkward fast forward style shuffle.
jawbreaker517
9/7/08 8:31:00PM
He is definitely in my top 10, and if he defeats another high-caliber opponent in his next fight, I think he will definitely get his title shot. The only problem is, if he keeps winning, there is a roadblock by the name of Lyoto Machida I think will defeat anybody at 205.
NinjaCyborg
9/7/08 8:33:56PM

Posted by Aether

I disagree. It's all about the result of the fight. By any means necessary.
Rashad patiently waited for his moment to strike. That makes him a wise fighter. If you want to see guys swing wildly and fight balls to the walls, go to a bar and watch bar brawls.
Rashad looked amazing during the entire fight. (And I picked Liddell to win.)
FrankTheTank1181
9/7/08 8:35:19PM
I think most people hate on Rashad because of his showboating more than his fighting ability. I mean a guy could be the greatest fighter in the world but if he showboats and lacks class, a lot of people won't like him.
jawbreaker517
9/7/08 8:39:42PM

Posted by SociopathX

Thats a rediculous statement when you said that Rashad is the Matt Serra of the LHW division. In case you hadn't noticed, Evans is undefeated and as he fights, his KO's get more and more devastating. He is a division 1 college wrestler and a good stand-up fighter(same as Liddell). On the contrary, he is the complete opposite of a scrappy fighter, and more on the technical side. One more good KO in his next fight, and he should be in title contention.
dannyfrank
9/7/08 8:47:19PM
i think its great for rashad for KOing liddell, and i have a lot more respect for him as a fighter, but that doesnt mean that i like him. liking a fighter and thinking he's good are two different things
Pages: [1] 2